Zachary

Oklahoma City, OK

#1 Dec 1, 2012
How happy is everyone with this ambush situation on Old Baker Road and other small side streets. I got one and I should not have been speeding and did not mean to be, but it was the first time I had been down it in a long time and must have been distracted and missed the speed limit sign. I paid the fine but think the unit shoud be on main street and other large volume streets so the city can really make a huge profit and help the people who recieve the other money from this process as I think I sent the check to Ohio or somewhere, The city of zachary could not take it as the business end of this deal apparently does not trust them, Who would? I think the Photo tickets should stop but that is up to the city leaders and police.
Observer

Saint Francisville, LA

#2 Dec 2, 2012
We just stopped driving to Zachary to shop. Problem solved!
35mph

Saint Francisville, LA

#3 Dec 2, 2012
Observer wrote:
Have you tried driving the speed limit? If everyone these photosneeks would be out of business!

“Fresh Air”

Since: Jan 11

Saint Francisville

#4 Dec 5, 2012
We don't need photo tickets here.

We get the personal attention of local SF Police, including Butch Chennault (great-grandson of one of the U.S.'s most famous generals, Lieutenant General Claire Lee Chennault (September 6, 1893 July 27, 1958).

Now, isn't that better than a stupid camera?
gps

Baton Rouge, LA

#5 Dec 5, 2012
Observer wrote:
what does a speed camera in Baker have to do with shopping in Zachary? You go to Zachary through Baker from St. Francisville?
35mph

Saint Francisville, LA

#6 Dec 6, 2012
gps wrote:
<quoted text>
what does a speed camera in Baker have to do with shopping in Zachary? You go to Zachary through Baker from St. Francisville?
Do you know where old baker road is? It intersects church street at the first baptist church.
gps

Baton Rouge, LA

#7 Dec 6, 2012
35mph wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know where old baker road is? It intersects church street at the first baptist church.
yes, and its still Baker not Zachary.
Zachary

Oklahoma City, OK

#8 Dec 8, 2012
I think if the Zachary police are going to be in business with whoever owns the machine, then the business people or investers of zachary should own the machine so they can at least be working for local people and the profit can stay in Zachary. I am a local business owner and have talked to other business owners in Zachary and we would like to be recieving the profit from work performed by our local police department. I think all citizens of Zachary should have a chance to invest and profit from this deal since all of our tax dollars pay the local police. The local police move and protect this unit so I think the profit from it should be divided right here instead of with people from outside of our city. As a citizen I would like to say, be fair and let us have our cut of the profit and don't always be just an expense to us.
Zachary

Oklahoma City, OK

#9 Dec 14, 2012
When we pay these tickets,what percentage do they mail back to Zachary and what percentage do they keep? My ticket payment was 100 dollars so how much does Zachary get and who and how much does the other business partners get? Also do we get the money back in days or is there a waiting period and if so, How long? Is it possible for local business owners and citizens to set up our roadside Photo machines and get in on the same deal and is there a maximum number or can we set up as many as we want? These questions are for the mayor, Councel and Police chief, Thanks in advance for your answers.
METWO

Baton Rouge, LA

#10 Apr 25, 2013
Just stop going to Zachary to shop let the local people support their schools. I enjoyed shopping there but won't be anymore. When you setup a camera and one side of street shows 35 and other 45 and you get a ticket doing 46 on the 45 side the hell with zachary.
RedAss

Baton Rouge, LA

#11 Jan 20, 2014
You actually don't have to pay those. They have no proof that it was even you driving the vehicle. They just sucker people into thinking they have to pay them.
hiya

Duluth, GA

#12 Feb 10, 2014
countrylad wrote:
We don't need photo tickets here.

We get the personal attention of local SF Police, including Butch Chennault (great-grandson of one of the U.S.'s most famous generals, Lieutenant General Claire Lee Chennault (September 6, 1893 – July 27, 1958).

Now, isn't that better than a stupid camera?
Yep and the mayor is telling them to write as many tickets as they can regardless of who you are or the one mike over the speed limit so he can fix them and win election votes. How nice of him.
Brandon

Baker, LA

#13 Feb 21, 2014
Speed cameras are no longer in Zachary. Current administration and some of the councilmen were not in favor since taking office in 2011. However, the contract allowed no way for the city to get out of it. The cameras were removed as soon as the contract ended last November.

Also, to a previous poster, Old Baker Rd. runs from Baker to Zachary with a large portion of it in Zachary, which is where the speed trailer was at one time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Francisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Publics Settlement Proposal on Lambert lawsuit 4 hr Captain Smith 80
West Feliciana Schools Make Front Page Today! 7 hr Listening 10
WF Schools 18 hr youbett 17
Opperman for DA Sun Filing_this_week 75
Economic development Sep 19 Bubbles 11
New Lebanese Restaurant in Town Sep 19 Whoa 42
corruption Sep 19 interested 120
•••
•••
•••