Concerned

Oklahoma City, OK

#1 Feb 14, 2013
Does anyone know what happened at Bains Lower Elementary this afternoon? I pulled in there to pick up my kid and there was three or four police officers there arresting a man. They also searched his vehicle after they transported him. I'm a little concerned about it especially with everything that's been happening lately.
Also Concerned

Oklahoma City, OK

#3 Feb 15, 2013
Custody battle involving a restraining order and the man refused to leave. That's all I know.
Concerned

Oklahoma City, OK

#4 Feb 15, 2013
Thanks for the info!
worried

Zachary, LA

#5 Feb 15, 2013
Concerned wrote:
Does anyone know what happened at Bains Lower Elementary this afternoon? I pulled in there to pick up my kid and there was three or four police officers there arresting a man. They also searched his vehicle after they transported him. I'm a little concerned about it especially with everything that's been happening lately.
It concerns me that Bains Lower was on lockdown, a WF Sherif Resourse officer from another school had to come to restrain the man and the other schools on the campus was NOT put on lockdown or notified. Parents also were not notified. This is the same old thing about how information is NOT shared when it comes to situations at our school. God Forbid that something should happen to our children because we as parents would be the last to know. It appears that the Administration is more concerned about the image of #2 school than our children's safety. Oh I know, according to Sherif Daniel security has been heightened. BS!!!! I have walked those halls at the high school with not one person stopping me. Security is not what it should be at our schools!
STOP worrying about the image and put our kids first!!!!!
The facts

Oklahoma City, OK

#6 Feb 15, 2013
First of all get your facts straight. I work at Bains Lower and we HAVE taken extra security precautions since the unfortunate CT incident. Out classrooms are locked 24/7 and we have had TWO police officers in uniform at our school all day every day since the Sandyhook tragedy. One walking the halls and one stationed in the parking lot. The so called other resource officer you say that had to leave another school and restrain the man in completely false. An off duty police officer was waiting in line to pick up his child in parent pickup and got out to see what was going on. The other schools were not notified because it occurred at 2:30 and the HS and WFMS were dismissed. At no time was it a dangerous situation. Proper procedures were followed and everything was under control. Instead of complaining that all the schools care about is their image, you should be damn happy that we do. Those teachers bust their asses for our children. How about a thank you instead of complaining?
Curious

Oklahoma City, OK

#7 Feb 15, 2013
Anyone know who it was?

“Fresh Air”

Since: Jan 11

Saint Francisville

#8 Feb 16, 2013
Resident

Saint Francisville, LA

#9 Feb 16, 2013
Sounds like our school employees took appropriate and timely actions to prevent a child from potentially being abducted by a parent. How many children are abducted during child custody cases and never heard from again? Looks like instead of complaining about not being kept "up to date" we should all be thankful that WF schools work so hard to protect our children. We all know what happened today because it is in the Advocate. Doesn't appear anyone was trying to cover up anything. Just looks like school and law enforcement personnel were trying to ensure everyone was safe before worrying about releasing information.

Since: Jul 10

Saint Francisville, LA

#10 Feb 16, 2013
Really! It surprises me that this kind of thing happens in St. Francisville and actually gets reported. They hide so much! I wonder how this little tidbit of info got in the hands of the media. Bad things happen in St. Francisville, too? Wow! EFP doesn't have to deal with the trash by itself!
Imesnit

Saint Francisville, LA

#11 Feb 16, 2013
worried wrote:
<quoted text>
It concerns me that Bains Lower was on lockdown, a WF Sherif Resourse officer from another school had to come to restrain the man and the other schools on the campus was NOT put on lockdown or notified. Parents also were not notified. This is the same old thing about how information is NOT shared when it comes to situations at our school. God Forbid that something should happen to our children because we as parents would be the last to know. It appears that the Administration is more concerned about the image of #2 school than our children's safety. Oh I know, according to Sherif Daniel security has been heightened. BS!!!! I have walked those halls at the high school with not one person stopping me. Security is not what it should be at our schools!
STOP worrying about the image and put our kids first!!!!!
Total BS!
Lauren

Prairieville, LA

#12 Feb 19, 2013
Inquiring Minds 2 wrote:
Really! It surprises me that this kind of thing happens in St. Francisville and actually gets reported. They hide so much! I wonder how this little tidbit of info got in the hands of the media. Bad things happen in St. Francisville, too? Wow! EFP doesn't have to deal with the trash by itself!
Finally! Someone willing to tell it like it really is. Happy Tuesday to you my friend.
Want to know

Saint Francisville, LA

#13 Feb 19, 2013
Inquiring Minds 2 wrote:
Who are THEY and what have they hiden?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Francisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Opperman for DA 2 hr Be honest about it 95
WF Schools 3 hr thatguy 18
who should take place as New Sherrif. 4 hr HowSad 23
Historical Bayou Sara Riverfront 5 hr Mother Earth 59
Rodeo Arena 15 hr Bronco Billy 3
Publics Settlement Proposal on Lambert lawsuit Sep 27 Well 142
sydney picou judge !! really Sep 27 Mother Earth 35

St. Francisville Jobs

St. Francisville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE