Police: Man Arrested For Fleeing Cops...

Police: Man Arrested For Fleeing Cops, Causing Fatal Accident

There are 20 comments on the WCCO story from Apr 16, 2011, titled Police: Man Arrested For Fleeing Cops, Causing Fatal Accident. In it, WCCO reports that:

St. Cloud Police arrested a man who allegedly caused a fatal accident while fleeing police Friday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WCCO.

AINT NO SUNSHINE

Moline, IL

#1 Apr 16, 2011
Bet the inmates have fun with this dude,his head has built in handlebars already.

Since: Aug 09

Tappahannock, VA

#2 Apr 16, 2011
>was wanted for possession of a controlled substance

As well as some additional charges which have that whiff of police invention to me.

Most police know there are risks in high speed pursuits, whether it is ultimately a cop car or a perp's car that ends up striking someone or something.

Not these cops! Maybe this controlled substance fellow didn't know enough to get on any police bribery payroll. That would surely make him public enemy no. 1.

“....VETS”

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#3 Apr 16, 2011
NY's Top Court Rejects Local Man's Murder Conviction
New York's top court rejected a Rochester parolee's murder conviction in the death of a woman in a car crash back in 2004.

The Court of Appeals said the evidence was legally insufficient for the jury to convict Michael Prindle of "depraved indifference murder" in the death of Lisa Kuligowski, 27.

Prindle stole a snowplow, lead police on a chase in his van, and crashed. Kuligowski was a passenger in the van.

The court did uphold his conviction for second degree manslaughter. His sentence of 22 years to life will be shortened as a result of the ruling.

Tappahannock, VA

#4 Apr 17, 2011
tallyho wrote:
New York's top court rejected a Rochester parolee's murder conviction in the death of a woman in a car crash back in 2004.
The Court of Appeals said the evidence was legally insufficient for the jury to convict Michael Prindle of "depraved indifference murder" in the death of Lisa Kuligowski, 27.
Prindle stole a snowplow, lead police on a chase in his van, and crashed. Kuligowski was a passenger in the van.
The court did uphold his conviction for second degree manslaughter. His sentence of 22 years to life will be shortened as a result of the ruling.
Nobody ever said the cops don't get their way, by hook or by crook.

“....VETS”

WELCOME HOME

#5 Apr 17, 2011
corrective_unconscious wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody ever said the cops don't get their way, by hook or by crook.
I have very personal knowledge of this case both of Mike and the mother, he did intentional cause the accident and the death , but what the court is saying , there isn't enough evidence to give him the max , he will do the mim,

he is going to be re-tried as a persistent felony which he is , a fact I do know ,

now nobody is saying there isn't corruption in all walks of life , even the presidency

oh his reasoning was the police would have to care for the accident victim and he gets away , which he did , for awhile
anonymous

United States

#6 Apr 18, 2011
I hope the inmates kill this ass...he killed my step-brother..Peshtigo, WI

Silver Spring, MD

#7 Apr 18, 2011
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
I have very personal knowledge of this case....
Your word around here is gold, I tell you, gold.

Neither of your replies speaks to the common sense point: Some police departments have, you know, policies about when to engage in high speed chases.

For exactly this reason - they can lead to fatal accidents.

I guess the fatality here was just another product of our glorious "war on drugs." The "war on turrur" must have had the day off.

“....VETS”

WELCOME HOME

#8 Apr 18, 2011
<quoted text>
Your word around here is gold, I tell you, gold.
Neither of your replies speaks to the common sense point: Some police departments have, you know, policies about when to engage in high speed chases.
For exactly this reason - they can lead to fatal accidents.
I guess the fatality here was just another product of our glorious "war on drugs." The "war on turrur" must have had the day off.
this is a case , that I posted about a kid , of 35 , who on purpose crashed into a van which resulted in the death of an innocent person , what does this have to do with the war on drugs .

so splain me Ricki

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#9 Apr 18, 2011
Real winner, that one is.

Tappahannock, VA

#10 Apr 18, 2011
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
this is a case , that I posted about a kid , of 35 , who on purpose crashed into a van which resulted in the death of an innocent person , what does this have to do with the war on drugs .
so splain me Ricki
Gladly stupid, although it won't do any good.

Apparently the original charge was a drug related one (along with the oft made up "resisting" claims.) You see, drunk alike, that was my entire point: Some departments wisely have policies about when to engage in high speed pursuits...because of the dangers to civilians not involved in the event.

But the war on drugs is so damn important to this country, of course, that no matter how many jails get filled, how many localities get bankrupted, no matter how many families are torn asunder, no matter how many others get killed in gang wars (or in drug arrest related high speed chases,) no matter how much tax revenue is lost, we MUST react to any drug crime as though it's the most serious threat on earth!

Of course, I recognize drug use - including tobacco and alcohol - are very damaging problems. That's why they should be treated as serious medical and social problems...rather than as serious, quasi military-law enforcement ones.

I know this is an argument made up of inter related ideas and propositions, and as such will be impenetrable through an alcoholic haze.

“....VETS”

WELCOME HOME

#11 Apr 19, 2011
so if you have a warrant and you are in a car you shouldn't be pursued unless you are a foot ??

right ... but ths only applies to drugs

good luck sheriff

Silver Spring, MD

#12 Apr 19, 2011
tallyho wrote:
so if you have a warrant and you are in a car you shouldn't be pursued unless you are a foot ??
right ... but ths only applies to drugs
good luck sheriff
No cretin, no one with a brain said, "you shouldn't be pursued unless you are a foot."

Lots of police departments have policies about when and when not to engage in high speed pursuits...for exactly the reasons demonstrated in this story.

And, again for the terminally stoopit, much of the "war on drugs," like the "war on turrur," is an overheated, hysterical, counter productive mirage, although they both certainly feed into corporate profits for a select group of companies.

As I predicted, a simple explanation will not help in your case. Now lay off the sauce.

“....VETS”

WELCOME HOME

#13 Apr 19, 2011
<quoted text>
No cretin, no one with a brain said, "you shouldn't be pursued unless you are a foot."
Lots of police departments have policies about when and when not to engage in high speed pursuits...for exactly the reasons demonstrated in this story.
And, again for the terminally stoopit, much of the "war on drugs," like the "war on turrur," is an overheated, hysterical, counter productive mirage, although they both certainly feed into corporate profits for a select group of companies.
As I predicted, a simple explanation will not help in your case. Now lay off the sauce.
so why don't you write what you perceive as acceptable pursuit policy ... question you suffer from Hypoxia

Silver Spring, MD

#14 Apr 19, 2011
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
so why don't you write what you perceive as acceptable pursuit policy ... question you suffer from Hypoxia
Because I think you're a lying drunk, and because many police departments already have such policies. They're already written.

Also, if you didn't read like such a damn alcoholic all the time you would have understood that I don't consider drug crimes or drug priors - as in this case - worth having sociopaths with badges drag racing all around town, thereby directly or indirectly causing truly innocent bystanders to be killed.

Okay, you stoopit pos?

“....VETS”

WELCOME HOME

#16 Apr 20, 2011
never mind I just seen what a jerk you are .

only an idiot would make fun of a disaster , on anyone's birthday .........

corrective_uncon scious

Reading, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
3 hrs ago

Judged:
[Clueless]

[Nuts]

[Mean]

At first authorities mistook all the lit candles on his cake were another Fukiyama reactor meltdown.
I'm going to be in your area in Aug meet me and this drunk will teach you a lesson , trust me

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#17 Apr 20, 2011
"...you shouldn't be pursued unless you are a foot."

????

“....VETS”

WELCOME HOME

#18 Apr 20, 2011
read all the post mot one

“....VETS”

WELCOME HOME

#19 Apr 20, 2011
not
Cannon

Charlotte, NC

#20 May 21, 2011
I was the jury foreman on this case and we gave this a great deal of thought. What it came down to was the Mr. Prindle didn't attempt to brake or avoid the collision the killed a young woman. He deserved the 22 years he got, because people like Mr. Prindle will surely do it again.

“T!CK T0CK T!CK”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#21 May 23, 2011
G that sounds like something I would do hehe

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Cloud Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Understanding the assault on Black interests Jun 17 Hello 4
News Law enforcement converge on site near Wetterlin... (Jun '10) Jun 12 LiarCatcher 168
News More racial unrest at St. Cloud Tech High School May '15 arcanaknight 4
News Bail set for St. Joseph man in sex abuse case (Feb '10) May '15 jessica ann schmidt 2
a little help needed May '15 looking for info 1
Poll Worked with Bill Mccann - Ham Lake (Feb '08) Feb '15 Mr cash only 48
TGI Friday's Restaurant Closes in St. Cloud Jan '15 I agree 1
More from around the web

St. Cloud People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

St. Cloud Mortgages