Osceola sheriff's sergeant arrested o...

Osceola sheriff's sergeant arrested on child-sex charge

There are 31 comments on the El Sentinel story from Oct 31, 2009, titled Osceola sheriff's sergeant arrested on child-sex charge. In it, El Sentinel reports that:

An Osceola sheriff's sergeant was arrested Friday on domestic sexual-battery charges after a woman told police he molested her daughter.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
YEAH RIGHT

Saint Cloud, FL

#1 Nov 1, 2009
I've known Chad Lakey for 9 years. I went to the academy with him and served along side of him as well. I don't believe a word of this garbage. Hmmm, oh by the way, back in 2008, I was raped by Chad Lakey. Ok, yeah, that happened. Chad is a good cop and a good person. I'm sure the truth will come out. I hope his agency stands behind him.
Mc Gruff

United States

#2 Nov 1, 2009
YEAH RIGHT wrote:
I've known Chad Lakey for 9 years. I went to the academy with him and served along side of him as well. I don't believe a word of this garbage. Hmmm, oh by the way, back in 2008, I was raped by Chad Lakey. Ok, yeah, that happened. Chad is a good cop and a good person. I'm sure the truth will come out. I hope his agency stands behind him.
One cop lies and the other swears to it. Get a life, creeps are in all occupations. What would you tell someone that you arrested? Answer: "Sure I believe you, but I must of heard that same story a million times today. We don't arrest innocent people".
Army Major

Orlando, FL

#3 Nov 2, 2009
"we don't arrest innocent people". Gee, that's a relief, now we can do away with those pesky trials and move right on to sentencing. Should save $$$ and clear out the back log of court cases we have pending. We don't arrest innocent people, gee I must have missed that in law school!
Stop the violence

Orlando, FL

#4 Nov 2, 2009
This is scary! The only thing I can say is "innocent until proven guilty" so we just have to wait to hear the truth! I pray that it isn't true!
Dear Mc Gruff

Melbourne, FL

#5 Nov 4, 2009
Back in the day many people were burnt at the stake during the Salem with trials. Small minded people like you were around in those days too believing "children don't lie". I just hope not too many of your brainless relatives end up on a jury- if it goes that far. The truth will come out but we do not need people jumping too conclusions without all the facts.
In the mean time legal eagle remember, all it takes for probable cause to arrest you or a family member is another individual giving a sworn statement events occurred; period. So if one was to find themselves in a predicament such as this and exercised their right to counsel; they can very well find themselves arrested with their name all over the news with idiots like you posting comments on just someone's word. Unfortunately because of the reverse sexism of the statutes and the "poor pity the children" attitudes, this individual will have a hard time either way.
Mc Gruff

United States

#6 Nov 4, 2009
Dear Mc Gruff wrote:
Back in the day many people were burnt at the stake during the Salem with trials. Small minded people like you were around in those days too believing "children don't lie". I just hope not too many of your brainless relatives end up on a jury- if it goes that far. The truth will come out but we do not need people jumping too conclusions without all the facts.
In the mean time legal eagle remember, all it takes for probable cause to arrest you or a family member is another individual giving a sworn statement events occurred; period. So if one was to find themselves in a predicament such as this and exercised their right to counsel; they can very well find themselves arrested with their name all over the news with idiots like you posting comments on just someone's word. Unfortunately because of the reverse sexism of the statutes and the "poor pity the children" attitudes, this individual will have a hard time either way.
So what you are saying is the alleged victim is a liar and any potential juror is unqualified because of inherent prejudices and the statutes are working against the accused because of his occupation. Well, if that were all true maybe we should just say forget it, don't you just wish? The obligation of a LEO is "To Protect and Serve" NOT "Molest and Intimidate".
Dear Mc Gruff

Melbourne, FL

#7 Nov 5, 2009
Nice Mc Gruff. Glad to see your such an intelligent individual. I'll try to type s l o w l y f o r y o u OK? What I said was simply that an arrest does not mean someone is guilty. I pointed out for your SSSLOW mind what it actually takes to get arrested. Common sense would then dictate that before you run off the mouth about someones guilt, review the facts not just headlines. I called for reason not to jump to conclusions as you and others like to do. I made no claim to innocents or guilt. If the facts came down to her statement versus his- no physical evidence who would you believe? Remember this could very well be the case and there has been more incidents of children lying than of those not. And you as well as all involved should be concerned about a legal system which subscribes one class of persons more credibility than others based soley upon sex, race or age.
Mc Gruff

United States

#8 Nov 6, 2009
Dear Mc Gruff wrote:
Nice Mc Gruff. Glad to see your such an intelligent individual. I'll try to type s l o w l y f o r y o u OK? What I said was simply that an arrest does not mean someone is guilty. I pointed out for your SSSLOW mind what it actually takes to get arrested. Common sense would then dictate that before you run off the mouth about someones guilt, review the facts not just headlines. I called for reason not to jump to conclusions as you and others like to do. I made no claim to innocents or guilt. If the facts came down to her statement versus his- no physical evidence who would you believe? Remember this could very well be the case and there has been more incidents of children lying than of those not. And you as well as all involved should be concerned about a legal system which subscribes one class of persons more credibility than others based soley upon sex, race or age.
When you enter the classes of people given more creditability you failed to mention occupations. You are being biased by insinuating that the child will have greater creditability when in reality it would be the LEO. On a stand in court, a Leo is cognizant of factors that sway a jury and is mature enough to alter testimony to suit the direction of questioning. A child would be more easily manipulated by an experienced ambulance chaser thus being at a disadvantage. I personally hold an adult to a higher standard of accountability than a juvenile no matter their classification. It won't be the first time a Leo, minister, teacher or care giver has shocked friends and family that held them in high regard when the evidence was shown. I bet you a dollar to a donut you will be suprised at the outcome unless the good ole boy network has their way.
Dear Mc Gruff two

Melbourne, FL

#9 Nov 7, 2009
Nice reference to LEO's and others having a different impact on juries. Again I'll try and write in slow words for you. I have neither said he was innocent or guilty. I just pointed out that people like you who like to jump to conclusions need to remember what it takes to have someone arrested versus convicted and not jump to any conclusions. As far as occupational bias...Maybe in 1950 or earlier there was some but not today. Especially not with COPS who are accused and arrested by other COPS. The general inclinations of most people are " surely Cops stick together so for this guy to be on trial, he must be guilty otherwise they would have covered it up by the blue line". truth is more often than not COPS when on the other side are treated differently by the system oftentimes out of political fear hidden by the terms " were held to a higher standard". In this case the COP fighting for his life, despite having an understanding of the system, has to fight testimony of other COPS and Legal Personnel as well as the emotional connections juries feel with children and females etc. What I was conveying is that if all there is in any case is one persons word against another, the ONLY way for someone to be found guilty is based upon "personal feelings" -prejudices- period. As far as difference in treatments for COPS, if this is the case of word versus word as alluded to with the beginning supporter; I'd be willing to bet there have been other similar cases without arrest warrants and many of those cases were not filed by the State Attorneys. In this case, if the assumptions of lack of evidence mentioned are true, this individual most likely was arrested in the manner he was and will be vigorously prosecuted because of the fact that he is a COP. Guarantee if this were a higher standing political figure this arrest might not have happened.
Natasha

Orlando, FL

#10 Sep 16, 2011
OMG....Chad Lakey found guilty of all four counts.
Natasha

Orlando, FL

#11 Sep 16, 2011
YEAH RIGHT wrote:
OMG....Chad Lakey found guilty of ALL four counts! Yikes....
really

Saint Cloud, FL

#12 Sep 17, 2011
Amazing, guilty.
Badcop

Casselberry, FL

#13 Nov 22, 2011
Hey Chad, Lets sing a song!!! Ha Ha now you will be someones bitch in prison! I hope you truely were innocent. Talk about cowboy justice. Fk u and your family!!! Better hope you dont go to a prison I went too!!!
Sorry

Fort Wayne, IN

#14 Nov 22, 2011
Regardless of your nasty comments, my beliefs haven't changed. He was a good cop, and I still don't believe he's guilty.
Natasha wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG....Chad Lakey found guilty of ALL four counts! Yikes....
TJI

Orlando, FL

#15 Feb 27, 2012
There's some confusion between profession and perversion.
As I'm told, the girl was about a month from turning 17.
That was stupid, but I'm sure the loss of a good job, the loss of face, forever being labeled a sex predator in the FDLE database, going to jail and having to look his law enforcement family in the eyes....that's enough to make him understand what a dumb thing that was.
I don't know the circumstances but it's unfortunate for everyone involved.
I'm glad to know he's not into kiddies because his lives 300 feet from Lakeview Elementary School - clear shot of the school playground from his backyard. Knowing what happened, I'm not really concerned about that, but that's only because I finally found out about the case.

He is super lucky he is even allowed to live where he does. State law prevents sex offenders from living 1000 feet from any school or park, he is 800 feet under that line. I guess they feel he's safe. He also has an ankle braclet on so that's good.
Stupid shit. All to mess around with a teenager? Sheesh man.
really

Saint Cloud, FL

#16 Feb 28, 2012
TJI your an idiot. The facts of the case will shine out and be proven. The heart strings were played and the people bought it hook line and sinker. Word versus Word can never be proven "beyond a reasonable doubt" which is the standard to take someones liberties in this country. Time will tell all.
TJI

Daytona Beach, FL

#17 Mar 8, 2012
Really? I'm an idiot? How about this - you're a moron. Think of something good to say before you turn yourself into TS Elliot. Time will tell all. Laugh.
TJI

Daytona Beach, FL

#18 Mar 8, 2012
Unless you're the actual offender, I doubt you know what happened either. Are you Mr. Lakey?
really

Saint Cloud, FL

#19 Mar 9, 2012
TJI you challenge me to say something good about your posts. Well let see...It is good that you bulls**tn, nosy ass is doesn't like being called an idiot. Maybe you will think about that before your give your little mouth running tirade. Now make sure you break out your air duster, spray off your keyboard, wipe down your screen, polish the sides of your computer nice and smooth. When that's all done, turn that sum bitch sideways and shove it up your ass cause you still are an idiot.
stcloudman

Saint Cloud, FL

#20 Mar 13, 2012
YEAH RIGHT wrote:
and i hope he dont stand behind his agency then we could have another problem lmfao

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Cloud Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Murder count hits grim 50 in Orange's deadliest... (Oct '06) 5 hr Lostluv 15
Living in Poinciana, FL (May '07) Feb 14 John 180
Kissimmee police left as I had 2nd stroke Feb 10 Left to die 2
Review: The New Multi Services LLC (Feb '13) Jan '17 Miriam 6
Review: Solivita (Sep '12) Jan '17 charlie Z 47
seller beware!!!! Jan '17 Facts 1
Clinton/Trump Fling Jan '17 Facts 1

St. Cloud Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

St. Cloud Mortgages