Firecrackers and bottle rockets
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Wrong

Grosse Pointe, MI

#21 Jun 18, 2012
30 cents of every dollar bill spent in the city stays in the city. Ppl will buy fireworks anyway and I'd rather have them spend there cash in SCS then in another city! Ron is right here to want ppl to be able to buy their fireworks in SCS instead of going someplace else to do it. Keep the cash in SCS!
Snap crackle pop

Farmington, MI

#22 Jun 18, 2012
mikefan wrote:
<quoted text>
i want fireworks!!!!! its summer and 4th of july ppl!!!!! whats wrong w all u ppl??? and i thinked that ron was goin 2 fix this so i wouldnt have 2 drive far 2 get them
If you're that upset with Ron not fixing this then why don't you attend the council meeting tonight and ask what happened during audience participation? Of course that would require that you get the permission of your parents to go to the meeting. Be sure to tell your parents that the meeting will likely not be over until after the street lights have come on. Remember to lock your bicycle when at City Hall and to watch out for the boogy-man on the way home. Better yet maybe you should have your friend mike come with you. I heard that at this time of the year he's allowed outside until 11pm so that he can watch the fish flies under the street lights and hear them go snap, crackle and pop like little firecrackers when a car drives by.
Susan

Grosse Pointe, MI

#23 Jun 18, 2012
My neighbor did call the SCS police and we were told that' they are legal, so they won't come!!!!!
Roseville

United States

#24 Jun 19, 2012
Susan - I recommend contacting the chief of police or the city manager. They are legal to purchase, but not legal to set off without a permit. Don't just go by what the dispatcher tells you. This law is so new that not everyone understands what to do. Don't give up.

Check on the SCS noise ordinances as well.
A shot in the dark

United States

#25 Jun 19, 2012
Look on the bright side. In a few years it won't be firecrackers that you'll be hearing. It will be the sound of gunfire. And it won't just be during the summer months. It will be every day and night. Just like it is in the "D" now.
Sue

Roseville, MI

#26 Jun 19, 2012
So it is now ok thanks to Governor Snyder for my neighbor to let off any type of fire works and they all are landing on my and my other neighbors roof and the city will not do anything?
Buckshot Jones

Mount Clemens, MI

#27 Jun 19, 2012
I had a bottle rocket what hit me in the eye. When I called the police they say thay are legel an there aint nothing they can do. They say I was lucky it hit me in my brown eye an not in my face. An now my brown eye blue
KSR

Royal Oak, MI

#28 Jun 20, 2012
Fireworks yes..but not the whole friggin month of June and than July. I can't even get my dog to go out side at night anymore because she is scared of all the loud noise.
Smallie Biggs

United States

#29 Jun 22, 2012
Alll these honkys settin off fireworks burnin up money. Pay the rent first! White trash Roachville.
Thunderlips

Saint Clair Shores, MI

#31 Jul 3, 2012
Hey guys and gal can you make an ordinance to stop the early mornin' thunderstorms that wake me out of my bed. Unfair .no storms till after dusk.
gossamer

Roseville, MI

#32 Jul 3, 2012
mikefan wrote:
dude take a chill pill!!!!!
fire works aree kick butttt and its summer to party!!!!
im just mad i can not get more stuff in scs cuuz i have to go to other area 2 get more cuz i b runnin out of big stuff all reddy cuz of gr8 wether!!!!
usa!!!!! 4th of july all evryday
So it's summer and time to party. That's your excuse?

Whats your excuse for New Years? Because it's winter and time to party.

I knew all these people setting off fire works had some sort of mental problem.
Mother Courage

Chicago, IL

#33 Jul 3, 2012
I bet these are the same people on the city FB page telling everyone they are on their roof watering their shingles so the house will not catch fire! BAAAAAAHAAAAAAA! Morons. Get a life.
Ladies and Gentleman

Fraser, MI

#34 Jul 3, 2012
I present you the new King Hillbilly of SCS:

Resident Joseph Backus was the lone person to speak against the amended ordinance, and saw it a restriction of “freedom of expression.”

(courtesy SCS Patch)
King Nutjob

United States

#35 Jul 3, 2012
Did you see Backus on tv figeting, shaking his head yes and no, and talking to himself? Coo-coo, coo-coo!
Secret admirer

United States

#36 Jul 3, 2012
King Nutjob wrote:
Did you see Backus on tv figeting, shaking his head yes and no, and talking to himself? Coo-coo, coo-coo!
He does that to get Rusie's attention. Surprised he didn't ask if he could sit next to her in Rubino's vacant seat during the meeting.
remassog

United States

#37 Jul 3, 2012
Keep on with that fireworks crap, but not paying your child support. Way to go, white trash Roachville.
mustangcobratim

Denver, CO

#38 Jul 4, 2012
Roseville wrote:
Susan - I recommend contacting the chief of police or the city manager. They are legal to purchase, but not legal to set off without a permit. Don't just go by what the dispatcher tells you. This law is so new that not everyone understands what to do. Don't give up.
Check on the SCS noise ordinances as well.
Roseville, maybe you should look up the law act 256 0f 2011, 28.466. if you are too lazy to look for it. you do not need a permit to light off consumer grade fireworks! so you need to stay in La. and mind your business! GOD BLESS AMERICA!
Moving on up

Farmington, MI

#39 Jul 4, 2012
A shot in the dark wrote:
Look on the bright side. In a few years it won't be firecrackers that you'll be hearing. It will be the sound of gunfire. And it won't just be during the summer months. It will be every day and night. Just like it is in the "D" now.
Last night we was out in the yard listening to all the firecrackers going off and my woman said that it reminded her of a few years ago when we lived in the D. Back then ever night we heard gunfire either close by or far way. We sure hope that all the sounds were hearing now is just firecrackers. If not we be starting to look at homes further north in the S.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Clair Shores Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Rusie Clan 4 hr Popcorn 1
Erin Stahl tries again 4 hr Blah blah 35
Scott Dodich for St. Clair Shores 6 hr Top Dog 13
Candice Rusie 17 hr Eyes Wide Open 38
Rentals Sep 13 rufus 2
Rubello is An SCS Treasure (Dec '15) Sep 5 In the Know 114
cement sidewalk program (Feb '16) Aug '17 Stan 20

St. Clair Shores Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance