created by: sal minnella | Feb 27, 2009

St. Clair Shores, MI

220 votes

have you been a victim of driveby snow removal?

Click on an option to vote

• yes and i am mad as hell
  • yes and and i deserved it
  • no but i think it is unfair
  • no but it is far too expensive
  • no but it is a fair price
Comments
1 - 20 of 40 Comments Last updated Oct 15, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

MDN

“God Forgives You! G.F.Y.”

Since: Feb 08

St.Clair Shores Since 1957

#1 Feb 27, 2009
How many city people have got this service and never got a bill for it , because of who they are ?

I believe the city is responsible for all checks and balances , and it should be made public.
SandysFamilyIsWh iteTrash

Clinton Township, MI

#2 Feb 27, 2009
MDN wrote:
How many city people have got this service and never got a bill for it , because of who they are ?
I believe the city is responsible for all checks and balances , and it should be made public.
Who ever voted it's a fair price should just have the city do your snow for now on. You would lose your house in three months. People go door to door asking for not even a quarter of the price the city asks for to shovel your snow.
Jack Downey

United States

#3 Feb 27, 2009
MDN wrote:
I think that this practice is a total disgrace. In certain circumstances I believe that this practice and policy is totally illegal, we are not living under a dictatorship and the City Manager Ken Podolski and Mayor Hison should be brought to justice. They are the ones who implied these sanctions, I say even if they change their policy the residents should pool their monies together and retain an attorney, outside Macomb County and go after the city of SCS, as well as the individuals, Hison and Podolski with a class action lawsuit. Let them know what its like to be on the short end of the stick. Also, if the City Council had anything to do about approving this type of policy bring them into the lawsuit also. I would like to see where these administration fee's have actually gone to, deposit slips, invoices etc. etc. lets open that can of worms, the honest people don't have a thing to worry about and I'm sure will agree with this procedure.
I have 3 people coming to the meeting with the bill that they were mailed for snow removal. Please and I repeat myself please, don't anyone attempt to pay any bill or invoice for snow or grass cutting until the dust settles, I'll just bet they (the city) won't be so friskie, in a sort period of time. UNITED WE STAND!

“Today”

Since: Aug 07

St. Clair Shores, MI

#4 Feb 27, 2009
Jack Downey wrote:
<quoted text>I think that this practice is a total disgrace. In certain circumstances I believe that this practice and policy is totally illegal, we are not living under a dictatorship and the City Manager Ken Podolski and Mayor Hison should be brought to justice. They are the ones who implied these sanctions, I say even if they change their policy the residents should pool their monies together and retain an attorney, outside Macomb County and go after the city of SCS, as well as the individuals, Hison and Podolski with a class action lawsuit. Let them know what its like to be on the short end of the stick. Also, if the City Council had anything to do about approving this type of policy bring them into the lawsuit also. I would like to see where these administration fee's have actually gone to, deposit slips, invoices etc. etc. lets open that can of worms, the honest people don't have a thing to worry about and I'm sure will agree with this procedure.
I have 3 people coming to the meeting with the bill that they were mailed for snow removal. Please and I repeat myself please, don't anyone attempt to pay any bill or invoice for snow or grass cutting until the dust settles, I'll just bet they (the city) won't be so friskie, in a sort period of time. UNITED WE STAND!
Yes and the Mayor admonishes people for using the term racket. This is the epitomy of a racket!!!! An easy money grab for the city. Way to get people to the meeting Jack.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#5 Feb 27, 2009
The mental continue. Which one has the cane?
SnowJob

Roseville, MI

#6 Feb 27, 2009
Mentally superior. It takes a genius to play a cd. roflmao

MDN

#7 Feb 27, 2009
WAS WHO KNOW THINKING 1 wrote:
The mental continue. Which one has the cane?
I have know idea who's got the cane , i DO KNOW THAT L.S.'s, has a record of all the jobs performed on residence including pictures , and our cities billings better match up !
thats just wrong------

United States

#8 Feb 28, 2009
MDN wrote:
<quoted text>
I have know idea who's got the cane , i DO KNOW THAT L.S.'s, has a record of all the jobs performed on residence including pictures , and our cities billings better match up !
GOOD POINT!!
jerry from the shores

AOL

#9 Feb 28, 2009
the bill i got yesterday floored me. never knew there was a law to remove your snow from your sidewalk in 24 hours or the city will do it for you and charge you 135.00 for it. this is crazy and i will fight it.
Ekim

Roseville, MI

#11 Feb 28, 2009
I am willing to bet that there will be police in the room during the meeting. I hope all the council members show up.
Good luck to all of you!

Since: Oct 08

Roseville, MI

#12 Feb 28, 2009
jerry from the shores wrote:
the bill i got yesterday floored me. never knew there was a law to remove your snow from your sidewalk in 24 hours or the city will do it for you and charge you 135.00 for it. this is crazy and i will fight it.
I thought it was 36 hours?

MDN

#13 Feb 28, 2009
over concerned wrote:
<quoted text>I thought it was 36 hours?
Don't mean to be a smart azz ,but it's when ever they feel like it.

The bigger question is , if nobody else is benefiting from this drive-by crap , then why did Sandy send them out hours before another snow storm ?

Another thing I have seen is , our city doesn't do a very good job with the snow themselves , so how do they get away with..........Do as I say ...Not as I do scenario.
SandysFamilyIsWh iteTrash

Clinton Township, MI

#14 Mar 2, 2009
If it's a fair price then let me do your snow every time it snows and then you can give me 135$ every time. You people keep trying to justify what your doing is right. The citizens of SCS won't pay for your ignorance for too long. You will find that out tonight.
Truth

Fairfax, VA

#15 Mar 2, 2009
jerry from the shores wrote:
Ignorance of the law is no defensce.

“It's Time for Change!”

Since: Sep 08

St. Clair Shores, MI

#16 Mar 3, 2009
If the city was so confident in this so called "law" I wonder why they waived 100% of the admin fee and are considering waiving the $35 fee as well.

Since: Oct 08

Roseville, MI

#17 Mar 3, 2009
MDN wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't mean to be a smart azz ,but it's when ever they feel like it.
The bigger question is , if nobody else is benefiting from this drive-by crap , then why did Sandy send them out hours before another snow storm ?
Another thing I have seen is , our city doesn't do a very good job with the snow themselves , so how do they get away with..........Do as I say ...Not as I do scenario.
I was not trying to be a smart as, I was told it was 36 hours. But after last nights meeting I now know that when Ken and his neighbors have shoveled their show hes making the call. So that could be an hour after the snow falls.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#18 Mar 3, 2009
dabambam wrote:
If the city was so confident in this so called "law" I wonder why they waived 100% of the admin fee and are considering waiving the $35 fee as well.
I see you have been bribed.

“It's Time for Change!”

Since: Sep 08

St. Clair Shores, MI

#19 Mar 3, 2009
<quoted text>
I suggest you be very careful of making accusations like that my friend. No one has bought me nor have I ever given one penny to campaign funds. I have a lot more facts in the hat that I haven't presented and some of them may pertain to you. So I suggest you stop with the accusations of being bought right now!
KM Dana

United States

#20 Mar 3, 2009
<quoted text>
Who exactly "bribed" us?
Sherlock Holmes

Waterford, MI

#21 Apr 17, 2009
Next topic Have you been a victim of drive by grass cutting.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Clair Shores Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Flooding in metro Detroit a call to action on c... 10 hr Meanie 2
what did Vitally do? (Oct '12) 14 hr Know when to fold em 93
snorted too much white lightning (Oct '13) Fri Maybe he saw the ... 108
Splash Pad Closed Again Fri time keeper 9
Wally's Frozen Custard in St. Clair Shores (Feb '14) Aug 28 Hunkey Howies 195
thomas golick Aug 27 soulmates8784 1
no to mike smith Aug 27 Mirror Mirror 28
•••
•••
St. Clair Shores Dating