Charges reduced in Shores death

Charges reduced in Shores death

There are 126 comments on the Macomb Daily story from Apr 17, 2008, titled Charges reduced in Shores death. In it, Macomb Daily reports that:

First-degree murder charges against two young women accused of killing Maria Nicole Carissimi, 20, of St.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Macomb Daily.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
ytee

Mentor, OH

#1 Apr 20, 2008
what if the races were reversed? can you imagine the media circus? Not only would the first degree charge stick they would also get the "hatecrime" charge.
Babs

Waterford, MI

#2 Apr 21, 2008
So, if the white girl was black...no no no...
I don't think so. Besides, the girls charged (Hall) is black the other girl (Farmer) American white/Mexican.
Only if all whites killed a black person than they would call it racist, but blacks can kill whites and it's not called raceist or considered a hate crime. It shameful and it is unfair we should all get along no matter what the race is. We are afterall all Americans. Children of God and we should all act like it.
ytee

United States

#3 Apr 21, 2008
No, if the perps were white/latino/asian and the vic was black. we would be seeing al sharpton and jessie jackson on the local news. the "black" community would be calling for blood. think about it three non-black (white, yellow, olive, whatever) girls invite a black girl out to party...they take her to belle isle in the middle of the night and beat her to death. doesn't that sound "racist" to you?
DISAPPOINTED

Hamtramck, MI

#4 Apr 28, 2008
I believe that the judge should be dismissed from this trial! How irritating to hear that this was an act of juvenile behavior? THE HELL IT WAS! The judge probably knows these girls.. They knew they were goin to BEAT HER ASS. They knew that the two of them on her was NOT a FAIR FIGHT, or that Maria would walk away OKAY. THEY KNEW THIS!!! And still went along and KILLED MARIA CARISSIMI! These girls SHOULD FACE LIFE IN PRISON, NO PAROLE! and I HOPE the ladies in prison have FUN WITH THESE USELESS LIVES! Maybe they WILL finally GET WHAT THEY BOTH DESERVE! Karma IS a BITCH, and it WILL always find its way BACK.
Babs

Waterford, MI

#5 May 1, 2008
ytee... the girl that was taken to the island with so called friends to get her butt kicked and ended up accidentelly dead was white. Two girls, the one in the car was black, the Hall girl was black and the Farmer girl white/ Mexican so where is it racial? It was no way a racial thing. Just girls acting stupid. It was a stupid fight gone array / wrong. Noone went there to kill anyone. It's a shame it happened.
Babs

Waterford, MI

#6 May 1, 2008
DISAPPOINTED wrote:
I believe that the judge should be dismissed from this trial! How irritating to hear that this was an act of juvenile behavior? THE HELL IT WAS! The judge probably knows these girls.. They knew they were goin to BEAT HER ASS. They knew that the two of them on her was NOT a FAIR FIGHT, or that Maria would walk away OKAY. THEY KNEW THIS!!! And still went along and KILLED MARIA CARISSIMI! These girls SHOULD FACE LIFE IN PRISON, NO PAROLE! and I HOPE the ladies in prison have FUN WITH THESE USELESS LIVES! Maybe they WILL finally GET WHAT THEY BOTH DESERVE! Karma IS a BITCH, and it WILL always find its way BACK.
What I think is that you know these girls. Your, Possibly Marie's friend. Your HATE is the bad Karma. So you are trying to make the Judge take the fall because maybe it's not going your way. If the Judge knew anyone in this case he would by law have to remove himself from the case. So you are barking up the wrong tree. You don't know what they deserve if you weren't there. The Judge will and the jury will determine their destiny. And the Good Lord. You say it was not a fair fight I will give you that, maybe, of course I wasn't there either. But... how fair are you? You've convicted them without a trial. Should a accident ever happen to you would you feel the same way if you would have done something and accidently, and unintentional killed someone in the process... would you ask for life in prison for yourself without parole? And hope that the girls in prison give you what you deserve... and think your life is useless. You sound like a eye for a eye and a tooth for a tooth type of gal. Hope you get yours too.
thatgirl

Royal Oak, MI

#7 May 18, 2008
Babs wrote:
<quoted text>
What I think is that you know these girls. Your, Possibly Marie's friend. Your HATE is the bad Karma. So you are trying to make the Judge take the fall because maybe it's not going your way. If the Judge knew anyone in this case he would by law have to remove himself from the case. So you are barking up the wrong tree. You don't know what they deserve if you weren't there. The Judge will and the jury will determine their destiny. And the Good Lord. You say it was not a fair fight I will give you that, maybe, of course I wasn't there either. But... how fair are you? You've convicted them without a trial. Should a accident ever happen to you would you feel the same way if you would have done something and accidently, and unintentional killed someone in the process... would you ask for life in prison for yourself without parole? And hope that the girls in prison give you what you deserve... and think your life is useless. You sound like a eye for a eye and a tooth for a tooth type of gal. Hope you get yours too.
It wasnt an accident, if they didnt want her dead they would have let her breath instead of pushing her face in the mud so she suffacated. those girls can deny what ever they want but the facts are pretty obvious.
Marisa

East Lansing, MI

#8 Jun 8, 2008
Maria was one of my best friends, and that comment about us being her friend so we are mad because the judge did not rule in our favor is completely and utterly wrong. I was with her that night before anything happened, and i went home early because my daughter had woken up. If anyone can actually justify what was done to her is absolutely sickening. Those girls took her there with intentions to kill her, any person who is murdered in such a brutal matter deserves first degree murder. you guys are speaking about racism and so forth, that has nothing to do with the situation. it is simply 2 sick sick individuals who commiteted a terrible crime. and karma does happen and judgement day will soon come to these ladies.
Marisa

East Lansing, MI

#9 Jun 8, 2008
oh, and you say that something like that is accidental? you take someone to belle isle to beat there ass and kill them, then your just as sick as they are, because nobody in there right mind would do that.

MDN

“God Forgives You! G.F.Y.”

Since: Feb 08

St.Clair Shores Since 1957

#10 Jun 8, 2008
Marisa wrote:
oh, and you say that something like that is accidental? you take someone to belle isle to beat there ass and kill them, then your just as sick as they are, because nobody in there right mind would do that.
Killing a person and beating someone up is a chance you can take .
If the person ends up in the hospital and gets out alive , you can be sued !

If the same person dies then you end up in jail for murder.

1st , 2nd ,3rd degree murder is bs.murder is murder !
Curious

United States

#11 Jun 9, 2008
It is not that simple.
Babs

Waterford, MI

#12 Jun 14, 2008
Marisa wrote:
oh, and you say that something like that is accidental? you take someone to belle isle to beat there ass and kill them, then your just as sick as they are, because nobody in there right mind would do that.
Nobody took anyone to Belle Isle to kill them.
I'm very sure about that. Maybe to fight.
Do you think that after a fight someone thought of.... Oh! lets move her head out of the mud. I'm sure noone even thought that she couldn't breath and drown in the mud. Or even realized that she could die from the mud. I'm sure that they wish it never happened. It's very sad.
But I never heard of any such thing before.
Had it not rained or snowed prior to the incident which made the ground muddy she would still be alive.
It would have just been a fight. There was no intention to commit a murder. Not that I can see anyways. The mud being there was unforseen.
The Alisha Hall and her court girlfriend who blew her kisses in court are liars. Her lying testimoney for her "girlfriend" is a joke she has been abuseing the law at least since she was 16 drinking under age in bars with false ID. Do you think the public is stupid with blinders on? She is the culprit here. They have a plan to make this Misty Farmer to take the wrap for her bad dicisions and actions. She is the one who had it out for Maria and talked openly in this town about it. She has befiended Maria and Misty both.
watching idiots

United States

#13 Jun 14, 2008
Babs wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody took anyone to Belle Isle to kill them.
I'm very sure about that. Maybe to fight.
Do you think that after a fight someone thought of.... Oh! lets move her head out of the mud. I'm sure noone even thought that she couldn't breath and drown in the mud. Or even realized that she could die from the mud. I'm sure that they wish it never happened. It's very sad.
But I never heard of any such thing before.
Had it not rained or snowed prior to the incident which made the ground muddy she would still be alive.
It would have just been a fight. There was no intention to commit a murder. Not that I can see anyways. The mud being there was unforseen.
The Alisha Hall and her court girlfriend who blew her kisses in court are liars. Her lying testimoney for her "girlfriend" is a joke she has been abuseing the law at least since she was 16 drinking under age in bars with false ID. Do you think the public is stupid with blinders on? She is the culprit here. They have a plan to make this Misty Farmer to take the wrap for her bad dicisions and actions. She is the one who had it out for Maria and talked openly in this town about it. She has befiended Maria and Misty both.
What the hell does somebody who drinks under age have anything do do with this. You are a poor misguided dumb bitch who obviously has a friendship with one of the accused. If that would have been my daughter dead, I would be raising holy hell right now. Wheather or not a murder was intended or not should have been a question for a jury. Take the young juvenile who was drunk driving and killed those people in Livonia. he is currently on trial for murder. He did not intend to kill anybody when he got behind the wheel, but death was still the result. Murder 2 or Manslaughter is the right charge hear. Anything else is unacceptable.

MDN

“God Forgives You! G.F.Y.”

Since: Feb 08

St.Clair Shores Since 1957

#14 Jun 14, 2008
watching idiots wrote:
<quoted text>
What the hell does somebody who drinks under age have anything do do with this. You are a poor misguided dumb bitch who obviously has a friendship with one of the accused. If that would have been my daughter dead, I would be raising holy hell right now. Wheather or not a murder was intended or not should have been a question for a jury. Take the young juvenile who was drunk driving and killed those people in Livonia. he is currently on trial for murder. He did not intend to kill anybody when he got behind the wheel, but death was still the result. Murder 2 or Manslaughter is the right charge hear. Anything else is unacceptable.
Who's your daddy ?
DISAPPOINTED

Hamtramck, MI

#15 Jun 23, 2008
Acutally I never met MARIA in my LIFE! OR Alicia Hall, BUT yes i do know Misty and DO NOT think for ONE MINUTE that this was an accident. I do believe Alicia was runnin around talkin shit bout wantin to beat MARIA's ass. But Alicia is NOT the one who sat on Maria's back ....IT was MISTY! And YES who honestly would take someone to belle isle to "BEAT THEM UP"? CMON!!!!!! Like Maria would get in the car with them after they beat her up???? I wish I DID KNOW MARIA ...just so i could have told her OR WARNED her, how fucking stupid and JEALOUS theses bitches are! But im sure she knows now.
DISAPPOINTED

Hamtramck, MI

#16 Jun 23, 2008
Babs wrote:
<quoted text>
What I think is that you know these girls. Your, Possibly Marie's friend. Your HATE is the bad Karma. So you are trying to make the Judge take the fall because maybe it's not going your way. If the Judge knew anyone in this case he would by law have to remove himself from the case. So you are barking up the wrong tree. You don't know what they deserve if you weren't there. The Judge will and the jury will determine their destiny. And the Good Lord. You say it was not a fair fight I will give you that, maybe, of course I wasn't there either. But... how fair are you? You've convicted them without a trial. Should a accident ever happen to you would you feel the same way if you would have done something and accidently, and unintentional killed someone in the process... would you ask for life in prison for yourself without parole? And hope that the girls in prison give you what you deserve... and think your life is useless. You sound like a eye for a eye and a tooth for a tooth type of gal. Hope you get yours too.
Im not an EVIL person! I would not kick someone's ass over a guy, OR KILL THEM (intentionally). KARMA is coming your way. Being friends with girls like this is only making you evil, just like them. Have a nice day.
haha

United States

#17 Jun 23, 2008
DISAPPOINTED wrote:
Acutally I never met MARIA in my LIFE! OR Alicia Hall, BUT yes i do know Misty and DO NOT think for ONE MINUTE that this was an accident. I do believe Alicia was runnin around talkin shit bout wantin to beat MARIA's ass. But Alicia is NOT the one who sat on Maria's back ....IT was MISTY! And YES who honestly would take someone to belle isle to "BEAT THEM UP"? CMON!!!!!! Like Maria would get in the car with them after they beat her up???? I wish I DID KNOW MARIA ...just so i could have told her OR WARNED her, how fucking stupid and JEALOUS theses bitches are! But im sure she knows now.
Your language pretty much says it all. I pray that if and when you have children, That you do not have to experience the horrible pain of having to bury one of them. That family derserves better that what the got in wayne county. I don't see that going as well in Macomb.
MAD

Las Vegas, NV

#18 Jun 25, 2008
It's so messed up what happened!
haha

United States

#19 Jun 25, 2008
MAD wrote:
It's so messed up what happened!
The problem is that the Wayne County Judge decided that this girl died at the hands of the other girls. but the girls really did not mean to kill her (although there was a fight and her face was shoved in mud). So he reduced the charge from murder to assault with intent to do great bodily harm. I guess a girls life does not mean that much in wayne county.

“Today”

Since: Aug 07

St. Clair Shores, MI

#20 Jun 25, 2008
haha wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is that the Wayne County Judge decided that this girl died at the hands of the other girls. but the girls really did not mean to kill her (although there was a fight and her face was shoved in mud). So he reduced the charge from murder to assault with intent to do great bodily harm. I guess a girls life does not mean that much in wayne county.
Makes me wonder if the fact that the deceased is from Macomb and the perps are from Wayne. I would hope not but this case is a farce and a complete injustice.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Clair Shores Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Problems At The Saint Joan of Arc Fair 2 hr Sandy 2
Why are shrinkwrapped boats, still being allow... (Jan '12) 2 hr Steve 22
Dogs in SCS must have vaccinations and license 8 hr Dog Gone 7
Uncle Ron's Ice Cream wagons (Jun '09) 18 hr Uncle Creepy again 14
GLWA Macomb County Mon LewisPiss 1
Why no diversity on City Council? Typical Racisim. (Apr '14) May 30 Just a watcher 39
Debate: Marijuana - St. Clair Shores, MI (Aug '10) May 29 Mandingo 53
More from around the web

St. Clair Shores People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]