Flint, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2012

Judged:

Why is it when you go in the administratio office the huge number 600 is posted on the wall? That is the magic number for school of choice children wanted this year from the district! That is their goal. Shouldn't the number be a low number like 24a or 25? Meaning the maximum children in a class. Princeton has some class sizes at and between 30-32. With such a high goal in mind teachers should be hired instead of thinking about the greed of money. Quality education could be a goal with.lower class numbers!

Since: Mar 09

Saint Clair Shores, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2012

Judged:

That is why my kids go to private school now. SOC has destroyed the children trying to learn, the teachers trying to teach, the schools and neighborhoods. I wish we as taxpayers had a say on SOC.
you should run Gerald

Saint Clair Shores, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2012

Judged:

Gerald Sinclair wrote:
That is why my kids go to private school now. SOC has destroyed the children trying to learn, the teachers trying to teach, the schools and neighborhoods. I wish we as taxpayers had a say on SOC.
We all do. It is called vote out the school board members who voted for it and vote in school board members who will vote it out. People complain about the schools all the time but no one cares enough to step up. This is not a knock against you, Gerald, just a comment about people in general.
WWKT1

Roseville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2012

When I was in high school if there were 35 in a class that was a small class.

Since: Mar 09

Saint Clair Shores, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2012

Judged:

you should run Gerald wrote:
<quoted text>
We all do. It is called vote out the school board members who voted for it and vote in school board members who will vote it out. People complain about the schools all the time but no one cares enough to step up. This is not a knock against you, Gerald, just a comment about people in general.
Voting out a school board takes years, and they are ecstatic with the enrollment numbers, they keep all the teachers fully employed and the union is happy. It is nothing about the "kids" that they all say they're for.
you should run Gerald

Saint Clair Shores, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2012

Judged:

Gerald Sinclair wrote:
<quoted text>
Voting out a school board takes years, and they are ecstatic with the enrollment numbers, they keep all the teachers fully employed and the union is happy. It is nothing about the "kids" that they all say they're for.
Agreed sadly. The terms are ridiculous, 6 years a term I think.
Sounds Like a Plan

Royal Oak, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2012

Judged:

you should run Gerald wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed sadly. The terms are ridiculous, 6 years a term I think.
If you think back you'll remember that Ron Frederick was a strong supporter of Schools of Choice when he was on the South Lake School Board. So what did the residents of SCS do? They keep electing Ron as a councilman to represent the residents. Why would anyone vote for him after he helped bring in Schools of Choice?

Next thing you know the South Lake School Board will be telling the residents that the schools are overcrowded and that we need to build a new school. I suggest that instead of building a new school, the South Lake School Board go out and buy one of the empty Detroit Public School buildings in Detroit and put the name South Lake on it. Then use it for Schools of Choice students.
rewind

New Baltimore, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2012

please remember the topic; Lakeview class size. They are very high and this is now not when we went to school. The teachers have more responsibility than ever before. Hopefully, the "we are Lakeview" will matter to the admin. office and put an end to these class numbers at about 25 or lower. They could actually help out the economy of Michigan, the education of children and employ more teachers. Horace is right!
u r incorrect

Grosse Pointe, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2012

Judged:

Sounds Like a Plan wrote:
<quoted text>
If you think back you'll remember that Ron Frederick was a strong supporter of Schools of Choice when he was on the South Lake School Board. So what did the residents of SCS do? They keep electing Ron as a councilman to represent the residents. Why would anyone vote for him after he helped bring in Schools of Choice?
Next thing you know the South Lake School Board will be telling the residents that the schools are overcrowded and that we need to build a new school. I suggest that instead of building a new school, the South Lake School Board go out and buy one of the empty Detroit Public School buildings in Detroit and put the name South Lake on it. Then use it for Schools of Choice students.
Dear Poster. If you would only take the time to check the voting records you then would realize that your accusation of a former school board member is incorrect. Most posts here do are not fact based. It would be great if they were. Please set the record straight if your going to use names by listing the names of board members who voted for SOC.
tom tom

Grosse Pointe, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2012

Judged:

Gerald Sinclair wrote:
You are right schools are all about $$$$$$$ and Detroit KEEZS

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the St. Clair Shores Forum right now

Search the St. Clair Shores Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Mich. lawsuit claims cops coldly executed dog 8 hr D D B 6
millage and proposals Thu Bad policy 1
Preston v St Clair Shores Wed Contempt 43
Lawmaker Plans Bill To Reinstate Michigan's Fir... Wed Fed Up 6
do not shop at art van (Nov '06) Wed Dirk Diggler 219
MI 2010 Michigan Primary Election: Did you vote? (Aug '10) Wed gottondas 5,482
Ted Whaby is responsible for what accomplishme... Jul 22 Learn you nonbeliver 221
•••
•••
•••
•••

St. Clair Shores Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

St. Clair Shores People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••