Vacant Blockbuster, Manzella's to Get...

Vacant Blockbuster, Manzella's to Get New Tenants

There are 53 comments on the Patch.com story from Aug 9, 2012, titled Vacant Blockbuster, Manzella's to Get New Tenants. In it, Patch.com reports that:

A number of redevelopment projects in vacant buildings are underway in St. Clair Shores.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Patch.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Joe the trader

Southfield, MI

#1 Aug 10, 2012
I thought a Trader Joe's was going in Manzaella's
Mike

Eastpointe, MI

#2 Aug 10, 2012
Sorry to hear about Manzella's. Also lost Guillio's and Pete & Frank's recently. Guess the Dagos are moving too far north?
oh no

Grosse Pointe, MI

#3 Aug 10, 2012
Dollar General at Manzellas?
Everything is over a dollar in that place.. How can they call it "Dollar" General.
UGH, I can see the ghetto streaming in now.
tom tom

Grosse Pointe, MI

#4 Aug 11, 2012
MR ALLENS 2 For Fitty.
Attn Shoppers

Los Angeles, CA

#5 Aug 11, 2012
oh no wrote:
Everything is over a dollar in that place.. How can they call it "Dollar" General.
Dollar Tree is the only real dollar store around here. Everything is $1. Of course, that means they can't carry some thins. The "fivebelow" store is a bigger joke. All they have is junk that Dollar Tree would not bother selling for $1.
X Detroiter now SCS

Detroit, MI

#6 Aug 12, 2012
oh no wrote:
I love Afro bait
Ursula

United States

#7 Aug 12, 2012
No, SCS would never get a decent store like Trader Joes here in the Shores.
Joe the trader wrote:
I thought a Trader Joe's was going in Manzaella's
please no

Grosse Pointe, MI

#8 Aug 12, 2012
not a dollar store!
jeezus
Joe the trader

Southfield, MI

#9 Aug 13, 2012
OK - so the Dollar Store from 12 and Little Mack (remember it WAS supposed to be the new Emagine Theatre) must be moving there. That means we are left with nothing but the Arab Oil Change/Pest Control on the Southeast corner of 12 and L. Mack. What a drag.

So can anyone tell me are we REALLY getting a Buffalo Wild Wings behind Lindas Disgrace...er I mean Place or was that just BS as well?
Spell Check

Howell, MI

#10 Aug 13, 2012
tom tom wrote:
MR ALLENS 2 For Fitty.
That's Mr. Alan's
skool o choice

Denver, CO

#11 Aug 13, 2012
And its 2 for Foady!
SCS

Detroit, MI

#12 Aug 13, 2012
I was hoping for another produce & meat market to occupy that building. I heard a rumor that Randazzo's was interested but NO!
Ursula

United States

#13 Aug 13, 2012
Why can't the city planner get the kinds of companies and businesses the residents want? Those are going to be the businesses that do well, not some stupid store no one wants to shop at. Even a casket shop would be better than a More-Than-A-Dollar-More-Junk-F rom-China General store.
tom tom

Grosse Pointe, MI

#14 Aug 13, 2012
Spell Check wrote:
<quoted text>
That's Mr. Alan's
You bezz a gout speller sorry
Digger

Farmington, MI

#15 Aug 13, 2012
Ursula wrote:
Why can't the city planner get the kinds of companies and businesses the residents want? Those are going to be the businesses that do well, not some stupid store no one wants to shop at. Even a casket shop would be better than a More-Than-A-Dollar-More-Junk-F rom-China General store.
The way things are going I would think that opening a casket shop in Detroit would be a good idea.
nooooo way

Grosse Pointe, MI

#16 Sep 3, 2012
A General Dollar store!?
Come on CC.. Cant you guys do better then that to "attract" business in the Shores?
Rubino Observer

Saint Clair Shores, MI

#18 Sep 3, 2012
nooooo way wrote:
A General Dollar store!?
Come on CC.. Cant you guys do better then that to "attract" business in the Shores?
CC doesnt do anything. Same with the movie theatre that was thinking of 12 and Little Mack. Did CC approach them? No, but a certain rager member wanted to take credit for it... but now there is nothing to take credit for.

Roseville has fewer empty storefronts, but then again Roseville actually has an economic development co that works. SCS just has a bunch of lazy dummies who sit and watch things happen (or not happen), and get paid for going to a few meetings here and there where they pretend in front of the TV to have done something the other 25 days of the month.
Fakebook

Grosse Pointe, MI

#19 Sep 3, 2012
Rubino Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
CC doesnt do anything. Same with the movie theatre that was thinking of 12 and Little Mack. Did CC approach them? No, but a certain rager member wanted to take credit for it... but now there is nothing to take credit for.
Roseville has fewer empty storefronts, but then again Roseville actually has an economic development co that works. SCS just has a bunch of lazy dummies who sit and watch things happen (or not happen), and get paid for going to a few meetings here and there where they pretend in front of the TV to have done something the other 25 days of the month.
Yeah yeah yeah, but let's get to something that actually matters. Has anyone noticed that the new burger joint (well new as of 2 years ago) has a sign on Jefferson that says "best buns in town"? It probably means hamburger buns, but we all know that buns can also mean something else. Like a certain body part. Such filth on Jefferson.

Grrr new businesses in the city! Council should nitpick the signage more! But I'm also going to criticize council for not doing enough to bring new businesses in. I want it both ways.

I'm glad there isn't a movie theater in SCS. Imagine the marquee if they wanted to play a movie with a swear word in the title. There was a movie a year ago called Kick A--. The tragedy that would have been in our city if that was placed on a sign.

Grrr.
Mrs Kowolski

New Baltimore, MI

#21 Sep 5, 2012
It's such a shame what happens when those coloreds move into a nice neighborhood. They ruin everything. They don't watch their kids. They just don't want to work, and they steal anything.
empty minds

Grosse Pointe, MI

#22 Sep 5, 2012
I'd rather see an empty building then a "things that cost more then a dollar" Dollar Store.
Vito should of just bought the building back and called it Vito's Fruit Market

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Clair Shores Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lorie Barnwell 25 min grapes1934 12
Lorie Barnwell 40 min grapes1934 7
Kmart on 9 harper (Jan '13) Apr 23 Change in Plans 28
Crystal Ball Apr 21 Jack Van Impe 2
Ron Frederick Mar 28 Too cheesy 7
Homeless people Mar '18 Merv 4
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Michigan (... (Oct '10) Mar '18 Guest 26

St. Clair Shores Jobs

Personal Finance

St. Clair Shores Mortgages