Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2009

Judged:

Say no to higher taxes and less city services. Change SCS. It is up to you the voter to rid of all the trash from St.Clair Shores.
This includes not voting for Ahearn and Troester and making sure none of Ted Wahby's (Current county treasurer and ex-mayor of the Shores)buddies ever get any city position ever again.
These people have ruined SCS and put a huge financial burden on the residents of SCS.
Ahearn- voted for expensive contracts and did not want to save money for the residents. Millions of dollars spent and none saved for the future.
Troester- has a huge pension over and above what he made while working. Millions of dollars taken away from our city and none for the future of the police and fire.
Both of these campaigns are backed by the Committee for Responsible Government which receives contributions from various city contractors and vendors and then the money funds political campaigns for the likes of AHEARN and TROESTER.
Ted Wahby, Mayor Hison, Ron Frederick, and Beverly McFayden all support these candidates and have taken away the future of SCS by spending the money for too long.
Take the trash out by voting out AHEARN (the blue and white sign) and TROESTER (the red and white sign).
Say no to higher taxes and less city services.
NO to Ahearn
NO to Troester
NO to Ahearn
NO to Troester

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2009

Judged:

I will say no to the people who only look after their own pocket.(Kips recent attempt to make money for an unsolicited proposal)

Persons who want to be Mayor in one breathe and deny it in the next.

Persons who do not acknowledge the chair of a group and talk to others when their profession dictates to talk to the person in charge.

Persons who will not acknowledge activities they have done after they have been exposed.

Persons who read the city charter and claim that things are not in it that are.

Those people are not fit to serve.
Kwome Killpatrik

Westland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2009

Judged:

WAS WHO KNOW THINKING 1 wrote:
I will say no to the people who only look after their own pocket.(Kips recent attempt to make money for an unsolicited proposal)
Persons who do not acknowledge the chair of a group and talk to others when their profession dictates to talk to the person in charge.
Persons who will not acknowledge activities they have done after they have been exposed.
WWKT 1 are you mentally stable? Here is your own quote "Persons who read the city charter and claim that things are not in it that are.
Those people are not fit to serve".

Read the charter and your group never would have made Podolski the Manager and Dumas the head of DPW, both of those procedures are against the Charter!

I can't stand Barry Hussein but his campaign slogan "Vote for Change" rings true with this city council election!
Joe

Dearborn Heights, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2009

Judged:

Rubello for Mayor
Tree

Dearborn Heights, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2009

Your time is comming Was. Your friend exposed who you are already, and you will be exposed . I am waiting for the right time.
Tree

Dearborn Heights, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2009

Kwome Killpatrik wrote:
<quoted text>
WWKT 1 are you mentally stable? Here is your own quote "Persons who read the city charter and claim that things are not in it that are.
Those people are not fit to serve".
Read the charter and your group never would have made Podolski the Manager and Dumas the head of DPW, both of those procedures are against the Charter!
I can't stand Barry Hussein but his campaign slogan "Vote for Change" rings true with this city council election!
touche' on Was Not Was
Huh

Roseville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2009

Judged:

Sounds just like Ahearn,. Alot of words with no content.

Since: Apr 08

Sidney, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2009

Judged:

Speaking of trash day...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v619/Chroma...

I assume this sign was posted in support of Troester. It's actually sitting in a huge pile of wood chips the city's DPW created on Grant street when they cut down about 10 large trees.

I don't know the motivation for the tree cutting, but if it was to combat the Emerald Ash Bore, I doubt leaving huge piles of debris sitting at the curb for three weeks+ is helpful. At any rate, it looks like s#it, and is another example of the city's double standard.
Ready for change

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2009

I had the chance to speak with Candice Rusie. These are the reasons I am voting for her. She owes no one anything, she wants to work for the residents. She is educated to look at all sides of an issue and make her own decision. She knows contracts and contract law. She knows how to research and bring to council written proof if they are handling something against the city charter. She can speak up and ask the proper questions to Ihrie or other council people. This is what an attorney does. She is willing to work for the people of St. Clair Shores for roughly $8,000 per year. Do the math that is about $8.00 per hour probably even less when you factor in going to events and such. When attorneys bill $150-$250 per hour, this would be a bargain to the citizens of SCS. I have seen things saying yes she is smart but she has no experience. Are you kidding me, she has practiced law for 2 years. To make it through college and then go directly to law school and graduate with the honors and degrees that she has show me that she has the drive, dedication and yes intelligence to balance the council and not just hand the Ahearn, McFadyen, Frederick, Hison another slam dunk vote. When Ahearn was voted into office he was the same age as Rusie. Yes, I know he was able to connect the green and white wires. But that is not what a good council person needs to be able to do. The way they all echo each others opinions and votes is scary. We do not have 7 people making independent decisions we have 4 ramming one view point down the throats and wallets of every tax payer. So that is why I am voting for Rusie for City Council. I pray that others also realize that now is the time for change in our council and if they vote in business as usual then I do not want to read or hear them complaining about what council is doing. Now is the chance to show them that we want something better for our city then what we have had. I hope we have a clean sweep. Get rid of Ahearn. Moffit can go to we need the seat for someone better. Say NO to Troester. Next time lets broom McFadyen and Frederick. Then we can have a council doing things legally within the city charter. So that is why I am running to the polls on August 4th to cast my vote for RUSIE.
Kitty

Harper Woods, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2009

Ready for change wrote:
I had the chance to speak with Candice Rusie.
He are you voting for with your other two votes?????
Kitty

Harper Woods, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2009

"Who" not "he"
Ready for change

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2009

Judged:

Hi Kitty, I plan to vote for Rubino and Walby. The direction the current council is going is making me very nervous. Thanks for asking.
NO BRINE IN 2009

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2009

Judged:

Ready for change wrote:
Hi Kitty, I plan to vote for Rubino and Walby. The direction the current council is going is making me very nervous. Thanks for asking.
Please don't vote for the two drunks, Moffitt and Troester these two are part of the existing machine. Vote Walby, Rubino, Downey and you will have a voting team don't you understand. When talking to Troester all you can smell is ALCOHOL, hes a noted drunk.
Ready for change

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2009

Ready for change wrote:
Don't forget RUSIE tops my voting list.

Since: Jun 09

Dearborn Heights, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2009

Why vote for anyone who claims:The council is "not respecting the city charter" by trying to micromanage, he said. "The city manager needs to run the city," he said. "The council spends too much time interacting with the city manager."
Troester
or"We have proof we are getting a good rate," he said. "Other communities that have bid out for professional services are paying more."
Ahearn
From Fridays Macomb Daily
city beat

Lacoochee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2009

Is it true that Mark Moffitt has bounced so many checks the city has him on the dead beat list?
Ready for change

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2009

Salad Bar Sam wrote:
Why vote for anyone who claims:The council is "not respecting the city charter" by trying to micromanage, he said. "The city manager needs to run the city," he said. "The council spends too much time interacting with the city manager."
Troester
or"We have proof we are getting a good rate," he said. "Other communities that have bid out for professional services are paying more."
Ahearn
From Fridays Macomb Daily
Amen Brother!
Machine Parts

Novi, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2009

Ready for change wrote:
I had the chance to speak with Candice Rusie. These are the reasons I am voting for her. She owes no one anything, she wants to work for the residents. She is educated to look at all sides of an issue and make her own decision. She knows contracts and contract law. She knows how to research and bring to council written proof if they are handling something against the city charter. She can speak up and ask the proper questions to Ihrie or other council people. This is what an attorney does. She is willing to work for the people of St. Clair Shores for roughly $8,000 per year. Do the math that is about $8.00 per hour probably even less when you factor in going to events and such. When attorneys bill $150-$250 per hour, this would be a bargain to the citizens of SCS. I have seen things saying yes she is smart but she has no experience. Are you kidding me, she has practiced law for 2 years. To make it through college and then go directly to law school and graduate with the honors and degrees that she has show me that she has the drive, dedication and yes intelligence to balance the council and not just hand the Ahearn, McFadyen, Frederick, Hison another slam dunk vote. When Ahearn was voted into office he was the same age as Rusie. Yes, I know he was able to connect the green and white wires. But that is not what a good council person needs to be able to do. The way they all echo each others opinions and votes is scary. We do not have 7 people making independent decisions we have 4 ramming one view point down the throats and wallets of every tax payer. So that is why I am voting for Rusie for City Council. I pray that others also realize that now is the time for change in our council and if they vote in business as usual then I do not want to read or hear them complaining about what council is doing. Now is the chance to show them that we want something better for our city then what we have had. I hope we have a clean sweep. Get rid of Ahearn. Moffit can go to we need the seat for someone better. Say NO to Troester. Next time lets broom McFadyen and Frederick. Then we can have a council doing things legally within the city charter. So that is why I am running to the polls on August 4th to cast my vote for RUSIE.
I read that Mr. Wahby's machine gave Troester $ 5,000.00 and gave Moffitt $ 1,000.00 how much did Ms. Rusie receive and if she didn't I'm sure she will be approached. I wonder what her honest reaction will be, being in the legal field maybe put it under another name as the donor. I am asking not condemning, we have that right, I believe. Everyone knows what the ole saying is. How do you know when an attorney is lying, when you see their lips moving. Age is no barrier everyone has a price tag!
ELLIE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2009

Judged:

Machine Parts wrote:
<quoted text>I read that Mr. Wahby's machine gave Troester $ 5,000.00 and gave Moffitt $ 1,000.00 how much did Ms. Rusie receive and if she didn't I'm sure she will be approached. I wonder what her honest reaction will be, being in the legal field maybe put it under another name as the donor. I am asking not condemning, we have that right, I believe. Everyone knows what the ole saying is. How do you know when an attorney is lying, when you see their lips moving. Age is no barrier everyone has a price tag!
I heard Jack Downey got arrested back around 2002 for an incident involving a gun and being drunk. Has anybody else heard this? it would explain why he does certain things and why he hates cops.
WAS WHO NEVER THINKING 1

Clinton Township, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2009

ELLIE wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard Jack Downey got arrested back around 2002 for an incident involving a gun and being drunk. Has anybody else heard this? it would explain why he does certain things and why he hates cops.
You heard? Thats where the problem is. Only an idiot hears things and believes it. Next time try telling us what you KNOW.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent St. Clair Shores Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wally's Frozen Custard in St. Clair Shores (Feb '14) 3 hr Little Caesar 194
no to mike smith 3 hr Grass Roots 26
Third Man Records announces debut solo record b... Mon TMZ 1
Splash Pad Closed Again Mon Wondering Why 7
Recall Sun Lost 20
Who do you support for Attorney General in Mich... (Oct '10) Aug 23 Truthisgood 115
looking for softball players for kyte monroe Aug 22 tycujo 1

Search the St. Clair Shores Forum:
•••
•••
•••

St. Clair Shores Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

St. Clair Shores People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE