Right to Work in Mich
RtW

United States

#1 Dec 6, 2012
Looks like it's going to happen, and soon. Thoughts?
YAHOO

Denver, CO

#2 Dec 6, 2012
Its about time. F the unions!
ekim

Mount Clemens, MI

#3 Dec 6, 2012
Right to work FOR LESS
tom tom

Grosse Pointe, MI

#4 Dec 6, 2012
YAHOO wrote:
F Small biz
analysis

United States

#5 Dec 7, 2012
Clearly this was passed because the several hundreds of union members who showed up to the Capitol did not scream enough rhyming slogans at the politicians they never did and never would vote for anyway. Intelligent, compelling arguments like "Hey Hey Ho Ho Right To Work has got to go!" likely would have convinced several more staunch Republicans to vote against it, if only it had been shouted a little louder and a little longer. Maybe they could spent a few more minutes at the union hall drawing more posterboard signs, too.
dumb analysis

United States

#6 Dec 11, 2012
analysis wrote:
Clearly this was passed because the several hundreds of union members who showed up to the Capitol did not scream enough rhyming slogans at the politicians they never did and never would vote for anyway. Intelligent, compelling arguments like "Hey Hey Ho Ho Right To Work has got to go!" likely would have convinced several more staunch Republicans to vote against it, if only it had been shouted a little louder and a little longer. Maybe they could spent a few more minutes at the union hall drawing more posterboard
signs, too.
Better than hiding your face using Topix!
Joe Schmoe

Fraser, MI

#7 Dec 11, 2012
dumb analysis wrote:
<quoted text>
Better than hiding your face using Topix!
Better than entering homes for sale under false pretenses.
dumb analysis

United States

#8 Dec 11, 2012
Joe Schmoe wrote:
<quoted text>
Better than entering homes for sale under false pretenses.
Santa?
About Time

Ann Arbor, MI

#9 Dec 11, 2012
So glad this will pass!! I have union employee's and dealing with them and the CBA they have in place is a nightmare!! I have NEVER been a part of any union and I worked for what I have and damn hard I might add!! Poor job performance, don't worry, your raise is automatic. Mad about something, file a greivance. Feel like doing what you want and when.........union has your back. Aspire to be nothing, unions will make sure you get over-payed for that. People who are in unions have an epic misunderstanding of what a unionized job does to them. Talk about putting people in chains. Private sector jobs encourage growth in one's own self to become more valuable. With more value comes more responsibility and with that more $$$$. If you don't get the money then you go find a job that will pay you more. I have asked and pleaded with my union employee's to take classes, to take leadership roles and have been met with a resounding NO thanks. My non-union employees jump at every chance because they know that it's the only way to grow. I love when a union employee comes to me for a raise. The same answer is given. "your raise has been negotiated into your contract and you will receive that and only that when the time comes" to which I get "but I deserve more". YOU voted on your contract!! You signed your contract!! Trust me as a manager, things will only get better now that this will pass!!
analysis

United States

#10 Dec 11, 2012
Instead of spending time fighting this, the unions need to concentrate on how to retain and attract membership. They will need to focus on the wonderful things the union offers its members, like satin jackets embroidered with the union logo, rhyming dictionaries to make chanting easier, and free bus rides to other states to yell at their legislators.
Joe Schmoe

Fraser, MI

#11 Dec 11, 2012
Union thugs and dummocrats squealing like stuck pigs.

LMAO
VITO

Grosse Pointe, MI

#12 Dec 11, 2012
Joe Schmoe wrote:
Union thugs and dummocrats squealing like stuck pigs.
LMAO
You are A Dork.
YAHOO

Southgate, MI

#13 Dec 11, 2012
YAHOO wrote:
What will all you union thugs do now?
Joe Schmoe

Fraser, MI

#14 Dec 11, 2012
VITO wrote:
<quoted text>You are A Dork.
THat you for proving my point. SuuuuuuuuuEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
analysis

United States

#15 Dec 12, 2012
The hard-working, tolerant, and proud union brothers furthered their cause of fightin' for the middle class workin' folk when they knocked over and destroyed Mr. Tarver's iconic hot dog stand and called him the n-word. Not to mention punching the reporter and threatening to pull a gun on him, and looting and destroying the AfP tent with women and elderly people inside. "Race-to-the-bottom, " indeed.

Will Frederick and Vitale denounce these actions? Will Bieda or Roberts? Obama, Hackel, the Levins, and Stabeow? Maybe they will pass the hat to buy Mr. Tarver a new hot dog stand so he can continue earning his livelihood.
Opportunity Knocks

Oak Park, MI

#16 Dec 12, 2012
analysis wrote:
The hard-working, tolerant, and proud union brothers furthered their cause of fightin' for the middle class workin' folk when they knocked over and destroyed Mr. Tarver's iconic hot dog stand and called him the n-word. Not to mention punching the reporter and threatening to pull a gun on him, and looting and destroying the AfP tent with women and elderly people inside. "Race-to-the-bottom, " indeed.
Will Frederick and Vitale denounce these actions? Will Bieda or Roberts? Obama, Hackel, the Levins, and Stabeow? Maybe they will pass the hat to buy Mr. Tarver a new hot dog stand so he can continue earning his livelihood.
Frederick won't say a word. Instead he'll take over the iconic hot dog stand and start selling pizza by the slice there. Perhaps even a few custard cones too.
Joe Schmoe

Fraser, MI

#18 Dec 30, 2012
More union thugs acting like typical union thugs

http://articles.philly.com/2012-12-29/news/36...
not in union

Saint Clair Shores, MI

#19 Dec 30, 2012
I work for myself. I find that the majority of people I work for are union people. They mostly say that they would not have a union person working for them because they take too long, and the work is acceptable but not good.
Joe Schmoe

Fraser, MI

#20 Dec 30, 2012
not in union wrote:
I work for myself. I find that the majority of people I work for are union people. They mostly say that they would not have a union person working for them because they take too long, and the work is acceptable but not good.
I deal with union and non union groups all the time in my business. The quality of the work is not distinguishable. They all have to meet the specifications and pass the inspections. The union jobs however often involve infighting between the various trade groups.....sabotaging each others work, tools and equipment. For as much as the beat the chests at council meeting acting like they are so much better than everyone else.....on the job site, it is often like babysitting 5 y.o. kids.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Clair Shores Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
school of choice made south lake look like a gh... (Oct '07) Aug 26 EMPRESS K 465
Uncle Ron's Ice Cream wagons (Jun '09) Aug 23 Kkl 15
9& Harper restaurant Aug 23 Out go the lights 24
News Obama trying to boost free community college plan (Sep '15) Aug 22 Ole Miss Heroin 60
Jim Goodfellows Aug 20 Jim Beam me up 33
News Redford Township may not be among nation's safe... (Sep '06) Aug 17 John Buck 128
News Hillary Clinton is talking jobs, jobs, jobs a "... Aug 16 Synque 32

St. Clair Shores Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

St. Clair Shores Mortgages