Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Guest too

Wentzville, MO

#6834 Sep 5, 2012
MacCounty wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely correct. I know several people who raise puppies, and they are all kept in very good conditions with outdoors dog runs and indoor shelter with heating and cooling. Most dogs do not live in as good of conditions as the "puppy mill" dogs I have witnessed. They probably exist, but I have yet to see a typical dog house with heating in it. The main thing I have against puppy farms is I would not wanna live near one due to the barking... but that is not grounds for outlawwing them.
I have a feeling you live very near one. Your own! I personally have visited three puppy mills in Southeast Mo. that are not good, not good at all. At one,the man suggested I buy the mother of one litter. Said she was a "great little money maker".She was kept inside a building full of kennels with numerous other dogs--four different breeds--that smelled terrible. There was no air conditioner or heaters.Some of the biggest puppy mills are owned by the Amish. Theirs are clean but not heated or cooled. They are still puppy mills.Dogs to them are no different than poultry. They don't believe they have feelings.
Addressing another comment about a "pet" being an animal that is kept inside the house.There are lots of pets that never see the inside of a house. I had many when I was growing up.
truth

West Plains, MO

#6835 Sep 5, 2012
Guest too wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a feeling you live very near one. Your own! I personally have visited three puppy mills in Southeast Mo. that are not good, not good at all. At one,the man suggested I buy the mother of one litter. Said she was a "great little money maker".She was kept inside a building full of kennels with numerous other dogs--four different breeds--that smelled terrible. There was no air conditioner or heaters.Some of the biggest puppy mills are owned by the Amish. Theirs are clean but not heated or cooled. They are still puppy mills.Dogs to them are no different than poultry. They don't believe they have feelings.
Addressing another comment about a "pet" being an animal that is kept inside the house.There are lots of pets that never see the inside of a house. I had many when I was growing up.
The Amish don't beleive in modern air condition and am sure none of their puppys ever froze to death. How do you know poultry animals don't have feelings? Did you know their are hundreds of familys right now who live without air conditions in southeast missouri, and will live with no heat this winter? they have feelings. When anyone breeds dogs to make money the dogs live in a building full of cages with other breeds because if they didn't they would run off and couldn't be controled the right way. what if everyone who wants to breed dogs for sale just dig a big underground cave on their property where the air temp stays the same all yr long, would that make you lefty's happy?
aur56

Aurora, MO

#6836 Sep 6, 2012
MacCounty wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely correct. I know several people who raise puppies, and they are all kept in very good conditions with outdoors dog runs and indoor shelter with heating and cooling. Most dogs do not live in as good of conditions as the "puppy mill" dogs I have witnessed. They probably exist, but I have yet to see a typical dog house with heating in it. The main thing I have against puppy farms is I would not wanna live near one due to the barking... but that is not grounds for outlawwing them.
ALL dog breeders are NOT puppy mills. Puppy mills are filthy, sickly,overbred dogs,with little or no vet care, no outdoor space beyond their tiny enclosure. They mainly walk on wire bottom cages(ruins the feet and legs) dirty water and fed whenever someone is in the mood to feed them. Many,dog breeders are responsible ,loving,people who take great care of their dogs. Those dog breeders have nothing to fear from this law,it's only to shut down cruel,over crowded,filthy breeders.
DoggyStyle

Irving, TX

#6837 Sep 6, 2012
This looks like a good place to avertise puppies 4sale!
Pet Store Owner

House Springs, MO

#6838 Sep 6, 2012
truth wrote:
<quoted text>Wow a racist pet store owner! Do you seperate the Black animals from the White ones HONKEY? I can take your store down if I feel like it so watch what you say racist. I took down those racist bastards and am working on another group right now. These bastards are the worse then I have seen yet. They blend in at stores, Churches, Schools, as your neighbors, and are sly as a fox and sneaky, mean, inbred, overweight, you know who I am speaking of, your kind. HEHEHE. Shut the hell up punk or else.
You dumb kneegar ...the white ones won't even go near the black ones, phckin smell is to strong. Not to mention, the white poodles are afraid of being robbed and raped by the black ones. then you got the stinky chimps always trying to escape from their cages and then rioting for more free handouts! Bananas, pork rines, grape soda, watermellon, ribs, okra, there is no pleasing these chimps. The only true racist are BEAST in the streets commiting murder , rape, and robbery against the civilized whites. Just try bringing your Mississippi Blue Gum Nappy Headed non-belt saggy pants wearing ghetto azz in my store boy I gor plenty of cages...
Insaneclownposse

Ballwin, MO

#6839 Sep 6, 2012
Pet Store Owner wrote:
<quoted text>You dumb kneegar ...the white ones won't even go near the black ones, phckin smell is to strong. Not to mention, the white poodles are afraid of being robbed and raped by the black ones. then you got the stinky chimps always trying to escape from their cages and then rioting for more free handouts! Bananas, pork rines, grape soda, watermellon, ribs, okra, there is no pleasing these chimps. The only true racist are BEAST in the streets commiting murder , rape, and robbery against the civilized whites. Just try bringing your Mississippi Blue Gum Nappy Headed non-belt saggy pants wearing ghetto azz in my store boy I gor plenty of cages...
They say in Montana 40-below keeps them out concur.bwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwa
truth

West Plains, MO

#6840 Sep 6, 2012
Pet Store Owner wrote:
<quoted text>You dumb kneegar ...the white ones won't even go near the black ones, phckin smell is to strong. Not to mention, the white poodles are afraid of being robbed and raped by the black ones. then you got the stinky chimps always trying to escape from their cages and then rioting for more free handouts! Bananas, pork rines, grape soda, watermellon, ribs, okra, there is no pleasing these chimps. The only true racist are BEAST in the streets commiting murder , rape, and robbery against the civilized whites. Just try bringing your Mississippi Blue Gum Nappy Headed non-belt saggy pants wearing ghetto azz in my store boy I gor plenty of cages...
your not a real racist because a real racist wouldn't spell it kneegar, and I am White and love, bananas, grape soda, watermellon,ribs,okra, pork rines not so much, your point sucked, and arn't you commiting, murder of a race, rape of a persons reputation and robbery of a black mans right as an American the same rights you have? PUNK!

Wentzville, MO

#6841 Sep 6, 2012
aur56 wrote:
<quoted text> ALL dog breeders are NOT puppy mills. Puppy mills are filthy, sickly,overbred dogs,with little or no vet care, no outdoor space beyond their tiny enclosure. They mainly walk on wire bottom cages(ruins the feet and legs) dirty water and fed whenever someone is in the mood to feed them. Many,dog breeders are responsible ,loving,people who take great care of their dogs. Those dog breeders have nothing to fear from this law,it's only to shut down cruel,over crowded,filthy breeders.
Amen!!! This puts the whole issue in the perfect sized box.Nothing else need be said.
Meh

Pittsburg, KS

#6842 Sep 6, 2012
The bill has been written into oblivion. There are already laws on the books that there is no manpower to enforce. This thing looks like a public perception appeasement to me.

As for feed lots, I am all for regulating them. Horrible cruelty and shitty tasting meat just aren't my thing.
Boo

Stover, MO

#6843 Sep 6, 2012
Meh wrote:
The bill has been written into oblivion. There are already laws on the books that there is no manpower to enforce. This thing looks like a public perception appeasement to me.
As for feed lots, I am all for regulating them. Horrible cruelty and shitty tasting meat just aren't my thing.
There are plenty of agents to enforce the new laws. I help at an animal rescue (shelter) and we get harrassed by the new agents all the time, they nit pick small things just so they can say they did their job and found something.
You can bet feed lots will be on the next go round, this is how it started in Calif. with a puppy mill bill and they now pay $5 a doz for eggs because of all the crazy new laws

Wentzville, MO

#6844 Sep 6, 2012
Boo wrote:
<quoted text>
There are plenty of agents to enforce the new laws. I help at an animal rescue (shelter) and we get harrassed by the new agents all the time, they nit pick small things just so they can say they did their job and found something.
You can bet feed lots will be on the next go round, this is how it started in Calif. with a puppy mill bill and they now pay $5 a doz for eggs because of all the crazy new laws
Well hey Boo!! Now I understand why you have your nose stuck in all the animal abuse forums. You work at an animal shelter and don't want anyone looking over your shoulders.

Wentzville, MO

#6845 Sep 6, 2012
Meh wrote:
Amen!
Boo

Stover, MO

#6846 Sep 7, 2012
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Well hey Boo!! Now I understand why you have your nose stuck in all the animal abuse forums. You work at an animal shelter and don't want anyone looking over your shoulders.
We had 2 previous inspectors before the "Puppy mill Bill" and they used common sense. There has to be guide lines to go by for shelters as well as breeders. However, the way the new laws are written they can take them any way they want and twist them. We now have a new young punk that was hired after the BILL and he picks at things that can be taken more than one way, the way it is written, guess if he does not find something he has not done his job. WE are a rescue that is there to help the animals, we get no state funding and rely strictly on donations and adoptions to keep us going. We just had to spend over $800 to correct something that was not a problem with the two previous inspectors. Like I said they used common sense
Boo Who

Wentzville, MO

#6847 Sep 7, 2012
Boo wrote:
<quoted text>
We had 2 previous inspectors before the "Puppy mill Bill" and they used common sense. There has to be guide lines to go by for shelters as well as breeders. However, the way the new laws are written they can take them any way they want and twist them. We now have a new young punk that was hired after the BILL and he picks at things that can be taken more than one way, the way it is written, guess if he does not find something he has not done his job. WE are a rescue that is there to help the animals, we get no state funding and rely strictly on donations and adoptions to keep us going. We just had to spend over $800 to correct something that was not a problem with the two previous inspectors. Like I said they used common sense
So you have another rescue going, you are such a lazy old woman.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#6848 Sep 8, 2012
No. Although I do not support animal abuse in any way from anyone the effect it would have on local livestock would be astonishing and the last thing we need is food cost skyrocketing.
truth

Ozark, MO

#6849 Sep 8, 2012
What is animal abuse, real animal abuse. Is smoking cigeretts around your pet animal abuse, buying no name cheap pet food animal abuse, driving around in your car without your pet seatbelted in animal abuse, You freakin whack jobs! what about that poor monkey by the square sitting out in the heat everyday in a cage too small for it to stand straight up, is this animal abuse? Don't see any of the lefty control freaks bitching about that. What about the 29 ft python snake I have in a glass fish tank, my tiger I have living under my house in the crawl space, my alligator's I have living in my pond, WOOPs! The snake is gone, the lid is freakin off, damn it, OH crap! the crawl space door is open, damn it! West Plains just became a dangerous place people, the snake will sqweeze you to death and the tiger will eat you and if you cow farmers don't start feeding your cows more just because theres a drought, the alligator's might not stick around with your skinny ass boney cows to eat. That's right people, I steal your cows and horses and pet dogs and pet cats and pet birds and a couple of times homeless people to feed them, I will admit it, they eat anything that makes a splash. You animal freaks, I will set this monkey by the square free.

Wentzville, MO

#6850 Sep 8, 2012
truth wrote:
What is animal abuse, real animal abuse. Is smoking cigeretts around your pet animal abuse, buying no name cheap pet food animal abuse, driving around in your car without your pet seatbelted in animal abuse, You freakin whack jobs! what about that poor monkey by the square sitting out in the heat everyday in a cage too small for it to stand straight up, is this animal abuse? Don't see any of the lefty control freaks bitching about that. What about the 29 ft python snake I have in a glass fish tank, my tiger I have living under my house in the crawl space, my alligator's I have living in my pond, WOOPs! The snake is gone, the lid is freakin off, damn it, OH crap! the crawl space door is open, damn it! West Plains just became a dangerous place people, the snake will sqweeze you to death and the tiger will eat you and if you cow farmers don't start feeding your cows more just because theres a drought, the alligator's might not stick around with your skinny ass boney cows to eat. That's right people, I steal your cows and horses and pet dogs and pet cats and pet birds and a couple of times homeless people to feed them, I will admit it, they eat anything that makes a splash. You animal freaks, I will set this monkey by the square free.
You had better keep a watch out your window.If ever you see two big guys dressed in white carring an article of clothing with straps attached you had better get out the back door and run like hell.
God, please be with anyone that has to live around this person.
Sparta, MO

#6851 Sep 8, 2012
For all you animal lovers--I love them too...ON MY PLATE!!!
truth

Ozark, MO

#6852 Sep 8, 2012
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
You had better keep a watch out your window.If ever you see two big guys dressed in white carring an article of clothing with straps attached you had better get out the back door and run like hell.
God, please be with anyone that has to live around this person.
Are you talking about mental hospital workers? Sorry, I won't be going because I am just insane not crazy, protected by the laws of this great nation, I don't take medications because I can't buy into the therory medicine we call mental health so that won't work. It only takes 2 adults in this Country to sign a complaint to the law to get someone held for 72hrs in a mental hospital from a judge and to be evaluated by a doctor to decide if mental health care should be longer, but insane people know how to play the system so that won't work and the 2 better run and hide come 72hrs. In America you can own any animal you want be it domestic or exotic, either legally or illigally just don't get caught with the illegal ones like the 14 siporous vipers I used to own and the only medicine for these bites is in Australia, the bite kills within 12 seconds and they got loose about 4 days ago because of the illegal monkey I have was playing with the cage lid, poko didn't make it and had a nice memorial service by the skate park tree's. But anyhow these 14 vipers most likely won't make it through a Missouri winter but you should be worried for a couple of months and pray for a hard winter. I did notice my neighbors dog hasn't been barking for a couple of days now,hmmmmm wonder what happened? send the white coats my freind, they won't take me alive. HEHEHE
Near Truth

Wentzville, MO

#6853 Sep 8, 2012
truth wrote:
<quoted text>Are you talking about mental hospital workers? Sorry, I won't be going because I am just insane not crazy, protected by the laws of this great nation, I don't take medications because I can't buy into the therory medicine we call mental health so that won't work. It only takes 2 adults in this Country to sign a complaint to the law to get someone held for 72hrs in a mental hospital from a judge and to be evaluated by a doctor to decide if mental health care should be longer, but insane people know how to play the system so that won't work and the 2 better run and hide come 72hrs. In America you can own any animal you want be it domestic or exotic, either legally or illigally just don't get caught with the illegal ones like the 14 siporous vipers I used to own and the only medicine for these bites is in Australia, the bite kills within 12 seconds and they got loose about 4 days ago because of the illegal monkey I have was playing with the cage lid, poko didn't make it and had a nice memorial service by the skate park tree's. But anyhow these 14 vipers most likely won't make it through a Missouri winter but you should be worried for a couple of months and pray for a hard winter. I did notice my neighbors dog hasn't been barking for a couple of days now,hmmmmm wonder what happened? send the white coats my freind, they won't take me alive. HEHEHE
I think a better quess would be something he/she is sucking up his/her nose or smoking in a pipe.Someone to pity in any case.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Charles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
big head country boy and his fugly wife 21 hr thelastlaugh 8
Election Who do you support for State Senate in Missouri... (Oct '10) Thu NO 6
homeless black woman on mid rivers mall drive (Aug '11) Apr 22 David 79
Save A Buck Landscaping Apr 22 Curioushomeowner 1
News Luxury home builders invent new tactics to draw... (Jan '09) Apr 22 Butter Bean 6
Wanting to surprise my husband with a threesome. Apr 21 Candy Licious 5
House on Pine Street (Apr '14) Apr 19 Words of wisdom 6
More from around the web

St. Charles People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]