Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CBS2

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Comments
48,681 - 48,700 of 49,281 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
The Troll Stopper

Blacksburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2014

Judged:

Homophobia Suks wrote:
Good grief can you homophobes get a life? No one cares; your incipient posts are beyond annoying.

Fixed that for you.
Obama Suks

Romeoville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2014

Judged:

Fixed what now go away you queer bait.
The Troll Stopper wrote:
<quoted text>
Good grief can you homophobes get a life? No one cares; your incipient posts are beyond annoying.
Fixed that for you.

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2014

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I've posted a webmed site about anal sex countless times. I've posted the government stats on anal sex. The fact is, children know you don't play in shit.
All you have is denial and gay troll personal attacks. You are the sissy punk.
Smile.
So you can't present a link to support your statistical claim. Yes, we all knew that coward.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2014

Riigsby5555 wrote:
<quoted text>you should change your name to the earth fairy,you're nothing but a limp wristed fudge packing queer terry
You should go f*ck yourself. I'm sure it won't be the first time.
Norton

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2014

Judged:

Enough wrote:
Never thought so in the past but think so now. The media is DEFINITELY liberal.
Hey BOZO have you ever heard of faux news? You should check it out Hippocrates galore!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2014

Judged:

Registered Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
So you can't present a link to support your statistical claim. Yes, we all knew that coward.
You can google, why are you afraid to?

http://www.fhcrc.org/en/news/releases/2004/07...

"The first study, by lead author Lisa G. Johnson, Ph.D., a statistical-research associate in Fred Hutchinson's Public Health Sciences Division, found that incidence rates of anal cancer have increased significantly in the past 30 years, jumping 160 percent in men and 78 percent in women.

The sharpest increase was among African-American men, whose incidence of anal cancer has more than doubled in the past three decades. Black men also had a lower survival rate from the disease. The five-year survival rate for black men with early stage disease was 62 percent as compared to 79 percent for white men with localized cancer.

The study, funded by the National Cancer Institute, was based on the records of 6,093 anal-cancer patients (2,888 men and 4,015 women) diagnosed between 1973 and 2000. The data came from tumor registries in five states (Connecticut, Hawaii, Iowa, New Mexico and Utah) and four metropolitan areas (Atlanta, Detroit, San Francisco and Seattle), all of which are part of the NCI Surveillance, Epidemiology and End Results, or SEER, program.

The second study, led by epidemiologist Janet Daling, Ph.D., a member of Fred Hutchinson's Public Health Sciences Division, set out to better understand the underlying biological and lifestyle causes behind the rising incidence of anal cancer.

The study tested for the presence of human papillomavirus, or HPV a well-known sexually transmitted viral marker of anal cancer in both blood and tumor tissue. It also assessed the impact of various lifestyle factors associated with the disease, such as smoking, sexual orientation, number of sexual partners and history of anal intercourse.

"We found that infection with HPV is necessary in most if not all cases of anal cancer, as close to 90 percent of the tumors studied were positive for the virus," said Daling, a pioneer in studying the link between HPV and anogenital-cancer risk.

Overall, regardless of the patient's sexual orientation or gender, the researchers found that 88 percent of the tumors were positive for HPV DNA. Of these, 73 percent tested positive for a strain called HPV-16, and 7 percent contained a strain called HPV-18. Both strains of HPV are implicated in cervical-cancer development as well.

The researchers also found significantly higher amounts of circulating HPV antibodies in the blood of anal-cancer patients as compared to healthy controls. Approximately 40 percent of the women and 50 percent of the men with anal cancer tested positive for HPV antibodies as compared to about 15 percent of the men and women in the control group."
HPV

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2014

Judged:

There were almost 20 times as many new cases of cervical cancer last year from HPV than there was from anal cancer. What point are you trying to make? HPV is a highly infectious disease that is transmitted through all forms of sex. Please don't abuse science to make your argument.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2014

Judged:

HPV wrote:
There were almost 20 times as many new cases of cervical cancer last year from HPV than there was from anal cancer. What point are you trying to make? HPV is a highly infectious disease that is transmitted through all forms of sex. Please don't abuse science to make your argument.
Did you read the article?

"We found that infection with HPV is necessary in most if not all cases of anal cancer, as close to 90 percent of the tumors studied were positive for the virus," said Daling, a pioneer in studying the link between HPV and anogenital-cancer risk."

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2014

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You can google, why are you afraid to?
http://www.fhcrc.org/en/news/releases/2004/07...
I'm not afraid at all coward Greg Kirshmann. Now, let's review shall we?

Your claim was that the "vast majority" of women that engage in anal sex never do so again. The claim was made by you here.... http://www.topix.com/forum/city/johnston-city...

This little cut and paste you provided that you like to pretend I'm "afraid of" (LOL!!!) doesn't address the lie that you've been called on.

Care to try again old fool? Provide a link that supports you're claim coward.
HPV

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2014

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you read the article?
"We found that infection with HPV is necessary in most if not all cases of anal cancer, as close to 90 percent of the tumors studied were positive for the virus," said Daling, a pioneer in studying the link between HPV and anogenital-cancer risk."
Yes and there are 20 times as many cervical cancers cases caused by HPV every year. Over 90% of cervical cancer cases show HPV DNA as well. Those are caused by penile-vaginal intercourse.

I read the article. What point are you trying to make here?

HPV is a sexually transmitted disease that is highly infectious during all forms of sexual contact and affects gay and straight populations indiscriminately. That is the point of the article.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2014

Judged:

HPV wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes and there are 20 times as many cervical cancers cases caused by HPV every year. Over 90% of cervical cancer cases show HPV DNA as well. Those are caused by penile-vaginal intercourse.
HPV is a sexually transmitted disease that is highly infectious during all forms of sexual contact and affects gay and straight populations indiscriminately. That is the point of the article.
KiMare can't be bothered with facts when opinions are so much easier to present.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2014

Registered Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not afraid at all coward Greg Kirshmann. Now, let's review shall we?
Your claim was that the "vast majority" of women that engage in anal sex never do so again. The claim was made by you here.... http://www.topix.com/forum/city/johnston-city...
This little cut and paste you provided that you like to pretend I'm "afraid of" (LOL!!!) doesn't address the lie that you've been called on.
Care to try again old fool? Provide a link that supports you're claim coward.
Im simply pointing out that its easy to google facts. Look at all the time youve wasted calling me a coward instead of simply proving me wrong.

You know you cant.

Smile.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2014

Judged:

HPV wrote:
<quoted text>
Validate your claim.
HPV

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2014

Judged:

http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/factsheet/...

Virtually all cervical cancers are caused by HPV infections, with just two HPV types, 16 and 18, responsible for about 70 percent of all cases

Once again, what point were you trying (and failing) to make?

Did you not understand the original article, or are you deliberately trying to make it sound like it says something it does not?
HPV

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2014

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Im simply pointing out that its easy to google facts. Look at all the time youve wasted calling me a coward instead of simply proving me wrong.
You know you cant.
Smile.
Except the webpage that you have googled does not support your claims. It's easy to find facts. Finding facts that support your religious beliefs, not so much.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2014

HPV wrote:
<quoted text>
Except the webpage that you have googled does not support your claims. It's easy to find facts. Finding facts that support your religious beliefs, not so much.
Honey, these stats don't condemn me. I'm not at risk for an STD related cancer.

"HPV and Cancer
Doctor speaking with patient
Several types of cancer are associated with HPV:
Cervical cancer: The most common HPV-associated cancer. Almost all cervical cancer is caused by HPV.
Vulvar cancer: About 50% are linked to HPV.
Vaginal cancer: About 65% are linked to HPV.
Penile cancerExternal Web Site Icon: About 35% are linked to HPV.
Anal cancerExternal Web Site Icon: About 95% are linked to HPV.
Oropharyngeal cancers (cancers of the back of the throat, including the base of the tongue and tonsils): About 60% are linked to HPV."

http://www.cdc.gov/hpv/cancer.html

Now, what is the number of cervical cancers and the number of anal cancers related to HPV?

Why do you think that is so?

SMile.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2014

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/women-who...

"But, more than half of women who have had receptive anal sex describe it as an unpleasant experience they probably wouldn't repeat."

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2014

See how easy that was?

Smirk.
HPV

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2014

Judged:

The stats don't condemn anyone. The judgment and condemnation is entirely in your head.

These stats also don't condemn homosexuality and neither does your article.

I know you're not going to like this, but HPV caused anal cancers are mostly in women.

http://www.cancer.org/cancer/analcancer/detai...

You have no point. You are trying to abuse science to make your argument.
HPV

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2014

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
See how easy that was?
Smirk.
I notice that the article is an unsubstantiated opinion, much like yours. What studies have shown this "more than half" stat that you are banking on?

If you can't name them, you have nothing.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent St. Charles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 22 min whatitis 3,914
hot sheet 14 hr Beyonce's Weave 2
Should there be a Tax Write Off For New Mailbox... Fri mailbox remedies 0
X Factor is Kane County's Best Night Club Fri Bob E 4
jennifer armitage Thu Fitz 4
Can't afford yet another tax increase Thu Fitz 2
Two Illinois Coal Power Plants Going Offline Thu CC Ryder 4

Search the St. Charles Forum:
•••
•••
St. Charles Dating

more search filters

less search filters