Homeless man pulling a cart???

Posted in the St. Charles Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of38
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Mar 10

Mount Prospect, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Mar 24, 2010
 
Has anyone seen that homeless dude that pulls a long bicycle with everything that he owns from place to place?? He is very spiritual and seems mentally sound. He never bothers anyone either. Im trying to figure him out because apparently he is choosing this path for himself (what ive heard from other people)
Jim

Plainfield, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Mar 24, 2010
 
He'll show up when it warms up. I feel bad for the poor dog he keeps in that lil kid cart.
JolietKid

Joliet, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Mar 24, 2010
 
He was across the street from Wal-Mart on Jefferson Street preaching yesterday with another guy.
Muffin dolnak

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Apr 7, 2010
 
His name ...Gary Dolnak
Mike Meyers

Joliet, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Apr 8, 2010
 
Your point being? If the dude chooses to life like that, then that in fact is his choice. We all have to choose who we will be, now choose!

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Apr 12, 2010
 

Judged:

1

I really wish I could do more for that guy than to give him a $10 or some McDonalds when I do see him. I've sat and talked with him a few times and he really is a decent guy. I wish I knew his story though.
Mike Meyers

Joliet, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Apr 12, 2010
 

Judged:

1

God helps those who help themselves! It is obvious this guy doesn't want to get his life together. By throwing him money, or such...you are enabling his behavior.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Apr 12, 2010
 

Judged:

2

1

You don't know his situation and assuming that he chose this life just may be completely off-base. I don't see this as enabling...I see it as making sure he has food to eat and can feed his dog. I have the money, so I'll spend it how I see fit. I won't be throwing it in a crackhead's can, but instead giving it to someone who I know is homeless and I'm pretty sure is not shooting the money in his arm or up his nose.

If you're going to be preachy about it, why not quote a bit about helping your fellow man?

Until you walk in someone else's shoes, you have no right to judge.
Mike Meyers

Joliet, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Apr 13, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

I was homeless many years ago. I use to go around feeling sorry for myself, until one day I decided to get my act together. I found a homeless shelter, shaved off my beard. Got on public aid and eventually found a job. I now own my own business and give back to the community all the time, but not by giving homeless people Mcdonalds. I hand them a cup of coffee and information on the nearest homeless shelter. I hand out blankets from time to time. I have walked in 'someone' else's shoes, and I didn't like him. So I am a much better person for it.
mquantrell

Joliet, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
May 3, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

WOW! There is an article on this man in the herald news http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews... . His name is Steve Sherwood. He did not chose his path but once he was homeless he found a calling in it. He preaches to those that need it the most. He is providing what he can for those that are in spirtual need! I think it is amazing and self sacrificing! He is not asking for hand outs, nor have I ever seen him beg for anything! He is doing what he is doing because he has felt God move in his heart. Judging someone because they are homeless is WRONG. I hate that people believe because he is homeless he must be lazy, a drug addict or etc. The reason this world is the way it is, is because people judge others instead of just doing what it right and helping in anyway they can! Shame on you that believe that he should help hismself or that it's wrong!!! God Bless this man and what he is trying to do! It's about time someone preaches to those that need it the most!

Since: May 10

Joliet, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
May 4, 2010
 

Judged:

3

1

1

I think people should be careful about talking down to "the homeless". Many of those living in Joliet's "Vinyl Jungle" West of RT 59 are in the same spot, maybe worse. If Net Worth is the indicator of how some one is doing in the American society, then those that are upside down in their mortgages, and auto loans, and have huge credit card debts really are worse off than the guy pushing the bike with the trailers. They may appear not to be, but they are in fact worse off economically.

“No, that's not a picture of me”

Since: Dec 07

Plainfield, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
May 4, 2010
 
Mike Meyers wrote:
God helps those who help themselves! It is obvious this guy doesn't want to get his life together. By throwing him money, or such...you are enabling his behavior.
Five-to-one you're a teabagger
No_User_Name

Des Moines, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
May 6, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

lostinthevines wrote:
<quoted text>
Five-to-one you're a teabagger
It's funny because this guy believes God wants him to be homeless. I'm sure a bible thumper will be quick to say "God works in mysterious ways" now that I've pointed out the irony.
martin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Aug 9, 2010
 

Judged:

2

1

1

To no name user get a fucking life me and steve are friends he ask 4 nothing and trys how ever he can to help he prayed for my sick dog last week I think very highly of him he is a great man he loves. His dog she is well taken care of all the time and as for the joliet police fuck all of u but 1 there's at least 1 good 1 I know harassing him telling him he has to leave places he has permission to be you are all rotten to do that he bothers no one he doesent drink or do drugs he's a good man I havr never been religious but if someone can make me it would be him so if u see steve stop and talk wit him he won't hurt ya
Steve

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Aug 14, 2010
 
His name is Steve. I've met him. I have a very good friend that befriended Steve that is how I met him. This is the life he leads now and has choosen. His calling is to help other homeless people. Many times the items that are donated to him, he shares with other homeless people. His calling is to teach other's about God. He is very kind and a gentle man.
grewupinjoliet wrote:
Has anyone seen that homeless dude that pulls a long bicycle with everything that he owns from place to place?? He is very spiritual and seems mentally sound. He never bothers anyone either. Im trying to figure him out because apparently he is choosing this path for himself (what ive heard from other people)
Steve

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Aug 14, 2010
 
I don't believe that he thinks God wants him to be homeless as much as he feels it's his calling to help other homeless people with the word of God. He's been offered a home etc. His calling is to help those on the streets.
No_User_Name wrote:
<quoted text>
It's funny because this guy believes God wants him to be homeless. I'm sure a bible thumper will be quick to say "God works in mysterious ways" now that I've pointed out the irony.
Robert

Roselle, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Sep 15, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

Steve is a super hero!!! One time he pulled my car with his cart when I ran out of gas. I also made it to one of his religious meetings behind wallgreens on a bench which he made it to a podium. Next week he is teaching me how to beg for money. Can't wait!!!!!!
Mark

Plainfield, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Sep 15, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Robert wrote:
Steve is a super hero!!! One time he pulled my car with his cart when I ran out of gas. I also made it to one of his religious meetings behind wallgreens on a bench which he made it to a podium. Next week he is teaching me how to beg for money. Can't wait!!!!!!
He don't beg for anything
Common Sense

Morris, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Sep 16, 2010
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Give a man a fish and he can live for a day, teach him to fish and he can feed many.

Every man must decide for himself the path he or she chooses.

God judges his heart.
TRUTHHURTS

Geneva, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Sep 16, 2010
 
Common Sense wrote:
Give a man a fish and he can live for a day, teach him to fish and he can feed many.
Every man must decide for himself the path he or she chooses.
God judges his heart.
HE IS LIKELY MENTALLY ILL. PRAY FOR HIM YOU RELIGIOUS NUT, NOT CONDEMN HIM.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of38
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent St. Charles Discussions

Search the St. Charles Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 10 min Chicagobunny 47,070
IL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Illinois ... (Oct '10) 12 min jimtownhounddogsniffing 6,537
IL Who do you support for Secretary of State in Il... (Oct '10) 6 hr Be kuel 505
St. Charles Massage Parlor Worker Charged With ... 19 hr Beyonce's Weave 1
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) Fri jimtownhounddogsniffing 3,777
missing person (ROBIN ABRAMS) Apr 17 Help Find Robin Abrams 4
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) Apr 16 Be kuel 1,808
•••
•••
•••
•••

St. Charles Jobs

•••
•••
•••

St. Charles People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••