Potholes, patches & hubcaps

Potholes, patches & hubcaps

There are 9 comments on the Herald News story from Jan 16, 2008, titled Potholes, patches & hubcaps. In it, Herald News reports that:

“I don't remember it being there the day before.”

A portion of the shoulder of County Line Road in Plainfield held a collection of shiny, dented wheel covers. via Herald News

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Herald News.

Anna

Plainfield, IL

#1 Jan 22, 2008
The County line road was terrible,we lost 2 new tires in new car,because of the hole.Spent $400.00
We are really mad.Who will pay our loss.
sioux

AOL

#2 Jan 19, 2009
on my way to work,(in joliet) i hit a huge pot hole now i need a new time and rim who pays for
this the same thing happened last year. different place but a mile or so down route 6.
IN A HURRY

Charlottesville, VA

#3 Jan 20, 2009
Larkin Ave from Jefferson to Plainfield rd is horrible they need to lay some cold patch to keep people from damaging their cars on that stretch of road
The world is ending

Plainfield, IL

#4 Jan 20, 2009
Anna wrote:
The County line road was terrible,we lost 2 new tires in new car,because of the hole.Spent $400.00
Check with the Township Highway Commissioner. I believe that is a Township road. He is up for re-election April 7, 2009.

http://www.plainfield-township.com/
Say what

Oswego, IL

#5 Jan 20, 2009
Anna wrote:
No one. The City wasn't aware of any potholes in Joliet. Not on any of their streets no way you won't find one pothole.
Say what

Oswego, IL

#6 Jan 20, 2009
sioux wrote:
on my way to work,(in joliet) i hit a huge pot hole now i need a new time and rim who pays for
this the same thing happened last year. different place but a mile or so down route 6.
The City isn't liable for potholes that they aren't aware of. If they were aware of them and neglected them, then they were be liable. But if they aren't aware of any potholes in Joliet on Joliet streets, then there is no neglect. So in answer to your question. You will have to pay for your damaged tire. The taxpayers.
jose

Chicago, IL

#7 Jul 11, 2014
Pot hole off ramp 257 joliet/aurora exit route 30
Caused me 2 replace wheel bearring on veichle
ron

Sugar Grove, IL

#8 Jul 12, 2014
jose wrote:
Pot hole off ramp 257 joliet/aurora exit route 30
Caused me 2 replace wheel bearring on veichle
WHINER>
over paid

Crest Hill, IL

#9 Jul 12, 2014
give the bill to Obama, he loves handing out tax payer money

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Charles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Crowds deflect anti-gay activists at Geneva church Dec 13 Palin s Turkey Th... 1
Gasoline prices super high in Elgin! Nov 30 Elsie 1
Who do you support for U.S. House in Illinois (... (Oct '10) Nov 29 Willie 162
scooters burning. Nov 29 Justice League 2
Dave Nov 29 FLT 4
News Man charged with concealing homicide of missing... Nov 24 Garrisons 4
News Former U.S. House Speaker Hastert indicted on f... (May '15) Nov 20 Rightwing pedophilia 75

St. Charles Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

St. Charles Mortgages