The importance of Local Elections

Posted in the St. Augustine Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
mortagus

Atlanta, GA

#2 Feb 12, 2008
"I think it's important for people to realize that the closer government is to you, the more impact it has on your day-to-day life."

I agree! Champaign Series 2008 will be hosted by The Republican Club of Greater St. Augustine. The Primary Election is August 26th which is roughly 6 months away. Candidate Series 2008 is designed to provide a platform for group discussions with elected officials and Republican candidates. This is not a venue for debate between candidates but an avenue to educate members and guests on what each candidate stands for.

The goal of the Candidate Series is to empower constituents with information. This is not an endorsement of any candidate.

The schedule follows:

Tonight at 7:30 State's Attorney John Tanner.

March 11th
Candidate for State Attorney, RJ Larizza

April 19th
The Republican Club of Greater St. Augustine Membership Social. Live Entertainment by Randy Dukes.

May 13th
St. Johns County Commission District 1 Candidates

June 10th
St. Johns County Commission District 5 Candidates

July 15th
St. Johns County Commission District 3 Candidates

Speak with the Candidates in person at “Candidate Series 2008” at the St. Augustine Yacht Club.
Anne Marie Gennusa

United States

#3 Feb 17, 2008
mortagus wrote:
"I think it's important for people to realize that the closer government is to you, the more impact it has on your day-to-day life."
I agree! Champaign Series 2008 will be hosted by The Republican Club of Greater St. Augustine. The Primary Election is August 26th which is roughly 6 months away. Candidate Series 2008 is designed to provide a platform for group discussions with elected officials and Republican candidates. This is not a venue for debate between candidates but an avenue to educate members and guests on what each candidate stands for.
The goal of the Candidate Series is to empower constituents with information. This is not an endorsement of any candidate.
The schedule follows:
Tonight at 7:30 State's Attorney John Tanner.
March 11th
Candidate for State Attorney, RJ Larizza
April 19th
The Republican Club of Greater St. Augustine Membership Social. Live Entertainment by Randy Dukes.
May 13th
St. Johns County Commission District 1 Candidates
June 10th
St. Johns County Commission District 5 Candidates
July 15th
St. Johns County Commission District 3 Candidates
Speak with the Candidates in person at “Candidate Series 2008” at the St. Augustine Yacht Club.
Do you know if they will be inviting Judicial candidates to speak?
mortagus

Atlanta, GA

#4 Feb 17, 2008
Thanks for asking, I'll give you a call on Tuesday.

Since: Oct 07

St. Augustine, FLORIDA

#5 Feb 18, 2008
Anne Marie Gennusa wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know if they will be inviting Judicial candidates to speak?
No reason to wait until Tuesday to answer that question, Anne Marie.
Even though judicial candidates run in non-partisan elections, The Republican Club has historically allowed any announced candidate to make introductions.
Unless you feel like you need to talk to a neophyte "image consultant" like mortagus, you can get unbiased answers from club President, Robert T. Smith at mrgopbob@aol.com or Robert Veit, Chairman of the St. Johns County Republican Executive Committee.
mortagus

Atlanta, GA

#7 Feb 18, 2008
Plazabum I am the organizer of the above event posted. Why don't you give me a call? I would hate for you to put out inaccurate information to a candidate in the name of the Republican Party.

BTW both people you referred to above will refer Ms. Gennusa to me about Champaign Series 2008.

PB I'd like to invite you to a meeting. We'll make you the guest speaker on PACS using the internet.

You have to love politics in St. Johns County.:>)

St. Augustine, FLORIDA

#8 Feb 18, 2008
mortagus wrote:
I would hate for you to put out inaccurate information to a candidate in the name of the Republican Party.
I never spoke in the name of the Republican Party, nor was I speaking to you.

I was referring a non-partisan judicial candidate to the President of the local Republican CLUB and the Chairman of the Republican Executive Committee - NOT the "Republican Party".

Since you are advertising yourself as a paid "image consultant" now, I thought it best to refer the candidate directly to the un-paid source.
mortagus

Atlanta, GA

#9 Feb 18, 2008
"Since you are advertising yourself as a paid "image consultant" now, I thought it best to refer the candidate directly to the un-paid source."

No matter what you thought you continue to put out miss information and I can only believe there is some problem having nothing to do with me.

So PB, I'm ready to book your speaking engagement.
We would love you...hiccup.
mortagus

Atlanta, GA

#10 Feb 18, 2008
For future reference PB, I am a representative for the Republican Party of St. Johns County so every incorrect political statement you make is made to me as well as directed at the group.

Let’s get that straight and end the communications there.
Skookum

Saint Augustine, FL

#11 Feb 18, 2008
When in fear or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout.

You guys are too funny.
Cincinnatus

Saint Augustine, FL

#12 Feb 18, 2008
mortagus wrote:
I am a representative for the Republican Party of St. Johns County so every incorrect political statement you make is made to me as well as directed at the group.
So are YOU the voice for the "Republican Party" now?
paradise

Saint Augustine, FL

#13 Feb 18, 2008
Glad to see the moderator/editer doing his job on this topic also.

Half the men in this County must be related to pb.com .

What a genetics nightmare.
Cincinnatus

Saint Augustine, FL

#14 Feb 19, 2008
mortagus wrote:
For future reference PB, I am a representative for the Republican Party of St. Johns County
Really?

I believe you are a volunteer officer of the Republican CLUB of Greater St. Augustine (a social club) and not The Republican Executive Committee which represents St. Johns County on behalf of the Republican Party of Florida.

In fact, according to the Supervisor of Elections office, when the candidate, Mrs. Gennusa, was registering as a member of the Republican Party here, almost ten years ago, you had just registered to vote -- as a DEMOCRAT.

According an announcement in "The Record" and reports from people who you have handed business cards to, you are holding yourself out as a paid political "public image consultant".

Are you attempting to use your volunteer position in a local political club for your personal financial gain as a consultant to political candidates and doing so under the guise of speaking for the "Republican Party"?
mortagus

Atlanta, GA

#15 Feb 19, 2008
OK PB aka Cincinnatus I do represent the Republican Party of St. Johns County. You need to brush up on your research techniques.

With the amount of work volunteers put in I am surprised anyone would try to discredit their work.

I love these internet stalkers that hide their identities.

What’s your party affiliation? What are your credentials? I would say that we don’t know who you are, so what you say is dead air.

Have a good day of stalking.

St. Augustine, FLORIDA

#16 Feb 19, 2008
mortagus wrote:
BTW both people you referred to above will refer Ms. Gennusa to me about Champaign Series 2008.
You should receive calls about the "Champaign Series 2008" but the "Candidate Series 2008" should probably be directed to the local club.

By the way, do you believe everyone who points out your misstatements is me? Talk about paranoid! Paradise, pass your friend mortagus some of those meds, will you?

And (no surprise here) you didn't indicate whether or not a Republican seeking a non-partisan office would be allowed to make an introduction at a Republican Club event the stated purpose of which is to "educate members and guests on what each candidate stands for".

Sorry, Mortagus, your "public image" is showing!
paradise

Saint Augustine, FL

#17 Feb 19, 2008
PlazaBum wrote:
<quoted text>
You should receive calls about the "Champaign Series 2008" but the "Candidate Series 2008" should probably be directed to the local club.
By the way, do you believe everyone who points out your misstatements is me? Talk about paranoid! "Paradise, pass your friend mortagus some of those meds, will you?"
And (no surprise here) you didn't indicate whether or not a Republican seeking a non-partisan office would be allowed to make an introduction at a Republican Club event the stated purpose of which is to "educate members and guests on what each candidate stands for".
Sorry, Mortagus, your "public image" is showing!
What are you talking about, bum?

St. Augustine, FLORIDA

#18 Feb 19, 2008
Believe it or not, Paradise, every conversation is not about you.

On a side note, I do find it interesting that Cincinnatus has uncovered mortagus' true role with the "Republican Party".

That will make for some good discussion ... somewhere ...
mortagus

Atlanta, GA

#19 Feb 19, 2008
He hasn't a clue.(speaking to myself)

Good luck with spin PB.

Why won't he give his credentials, because he hasn’t any? He's a ghost.

Step up Casper
mortagus

Atlanta, GA

#20 Feb 19, 2008
Hello Skookum,

How is the Beach?

I understand Andrea Samuels is running.

She's a great gal...
paradise

Saint Augustine, FL

#21 Feb 19, 2008
PlazaBum wrote:
Believe it or not, Paradise, every conversation is not about you.
... somewhere ...
Thank God for that, BUT I am entitled, bum, to answer every single post I ever wanted..

So please, continue your petty responses, with out any positive input, because God forbid you can plead your case without denigrating some one else.

St. Augustine, FLORIDA

#22 Feb 22, 2008
paradise wrote:
I am entitled, bum, to answer every single post I ever wanted.
Like anything on God's green earth could stop you!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Augustine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Town and gown committee restructured in St. Aug... Tue Ed Slavin 2
Top stories of 2014: Civil rights leaders celeb... Dec 22 Stopprforbowls 1
Debate: Marijuana - St. Augustine, FL (Aug '10) Dec 18 Anna 51
Richard Dec 18 RICHARD 6
Susan Parker: Boles' tenure as mayor matches lo... Dec 4 Judy 4
St. Augustine Shipyard could bring hundreds of ... Dec 3 Spinersspin 1
Looking for mike ramsey Dec 1 Yesitaucks 1
St. Augustine Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web