St. Augustine Residents Say a UFO Fle...

St. Augustine Residents Say a UFO Flew Over Their Homes

There are 153 comments on the First Coast News Jacksonville story from Apr 19, 2008, titled St. Augustine Residents Say a UFO Flew Over Their Homes. In it, First Coast News Jacksonville reports that:

Talk Back: Post a comment on this article ST. AUGUSTINE, FL - " Locals in St. Augustine are used to planes flying over head, after all they are close to an airport.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at First Coast News Jacksonville.

Jim

United States

#21 Apr 20, 2008
These responses are why people like myself don't tell of stranger encounters than this. They are here and have been here since the beginning of time. These wacko replies help keep the truth secret so its all well planned!
steve

United States

#23 Apr 20, 2008
The ufo was at my house having a drink I told them not to fly low when the left. They never listen.
Richard

Decatur, GA

#24 Apr 20, 2008
They were probably two military aircraft in afterburner. It happens all of the time.
Road Scholar

Babson Park, FL

#26 Apr 20, 2008
UFOs are Unidentified Flying Objects. That is all they are. I have seen UFOs myself but I do not believe they came from 'outer space'. Hey, where did those folk get that bad weed from.
willow

Jacksonville, FL

#27 Apr 20, 2008
I think it is very ignorant of us humans to believe that we are the only living beings in the galaxy. We have become so conditioned to wait for someone else to give us explanation of everything. There is a time that you truly must form your own opinions of what your eyes are seeing. I saw the very same thing, and I was walking on the beach.
Believer

Killeen, TX

#29 Apr 20, 2008
Sorry, but the orange orbs have been proven to be flares.
Donna

Jacksonville, FL

#30 Apr 20, 2008
I think she has lost her mind. Maybe she had one too many to drink. I live on the beach and have never seen anything unusual.
Shelly C

Saint Augustine, FL

#32 Apr 20, 2008
I believe what she saw coould have been fireworks. I believe the fireworks were downtown. They were being set off around 9:00 p.m. as well.
boog

AOL

#33 Apr 20, 2008
Samantha wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, that is pretty neat!Never seen or heard of it before. thanks.
SkyLanerns are really cool!
When we were kids we made our own OFO's out of dry cleaner bags, plastice straws and birthday candles sort of the the ones in Sky Lantern.
You need a really still night (no wind) to launch them.
Great family fun. The only down side is that people think they are aliens.
Cathy

Hastings, FL

#34 Apr 20, 2008
My husband and I live in Middleburg. We have been witnessing these lights almost every night in the sky. We will see anywhere from 2-7. We watched three traveling at the same time in different directions. We did some research on-line and it says that there are 10,000 satellites in the sky and that you can see them in the early dusk. However we are not exactly sure what we are seeing. Some have been white and some have been the orange fiery look like it was described in this article. Some of them move faster than others and some move slower. They will come in and out as you watch it. There is no rhyme or reason to them. We have talked with other people in the Middleburg and Orange Park area that to have seen these.
I with you

Jacksonville, FL

#35 Apr 20, 2008
I saw an orb like that in N.Y. when I was eight. It was a dull white that appeared to be on fire.
It hovered withing 100ft, totally silent then left slowly.
Mork

United States

#36 Apr 20, 2008
Mindy has been keeping me locked up for so long, I had to break loose last night. Sorry, if I scared anyone. I'm heading back to Ork.
Marian

Saint Augustine, FL

#37 Apr 20, 2008
I used to live on St Augustine beach about two years ago and had a similar experience. It was an orange ball that appeared to be on fire arcing towards the earth. It moved surprisingly slow.(No, I had not been drinking). I figured it was just a meteor. My guess is that folks on the beach have less light pollution and just see more things in the sky, whatever the origin. The Lyrid meteor shower is in fact supposed to be happening within a day or two: http://www.spaceweather.com/meteors/lyrids/ly...
Middleburg Resident

Jacksonville, FL

#38 Apr 20, 2008
Well, I have yet to see these flying objects over Middleburg...

Ill be waiting on my porch with no pants on.. Mr Aliens

it was a full moon lastnight wasn't it? Well the moon was bright anyways.

stop sippin your daddys cough medicine
hungrymama

United States

#39 Apr 20, 2008
I think it was Obama chasing Rev Wright, Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson.

Since: Jul 07

AOL

#40 Apr 20, 2008
Larry wrote:
http://www.skylanterns.com/ind ex.php
That's so freaking awesome!
LAURA -ST AUGUSTINE

AOL

#41 Apr 20, 2008
JUST WANTED TO LET ALL YOU OF YOU KNOW THAT, NOT ONLY DO WE HAVE PICS- WE ALSO HAVE VIDEO. WE ARE NOT THE ONLY ONES THAT SAW THEM. MANY OTHERS DID AS WELL AND LET ME TELL YOU THEY WERE NOT SHOOTING STARS, PLANES OR WEATHER BALLOONS. IF YOU SAW THE SAME THING PLEASE EMAIL ME AT [email protected] ALSO DID YOU KNOW THAT THERE HAVE BEEN OVER 2000 REPORTS OF THIS IN FLORIDA SO FAR THIS YEAR AND THOUSANDS MORE ACROSS THE COUNTRY. HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!
Got Milk

Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

#42 Apr 20, 2008
ROFLMAO -***giggles*** more ***giggles****
I can't stop laughing long enough to be able to leave a proper comment...I'm sorry, this is just too funny! Tapes another glow stick to a glow in the dark frisbee and tosses it into the air!***giggles***

“WHAT HUMP? ”

Since: Mar 08

Chicago

#43 Apr 20, 2008
LAURA -ST AUGUSTINE wrote:
JUST WANTED TO LET ALL YOU OF YOU KNOW THAT, NOT ONLY DO WE HAVE PICS- WE ALSO HAVE VIDEO. WE ARE NOT THE ONLY ONES THAT SAW THEM. MANY OTHERS DID AS WELL AND LET ME TELL YOU THEY WERE NOT SHOOTING STARS, PLANES OR WEATHER BALLOONS. IF YOU SAW THE SAME THING PLEASE EMAIL ME AT [email protected] ALSO DID YOU KNOW THAT THERE HAVE BEEN OVER 2000 REPORTS OF THIS IN FLORIDA SO FAR THIS YEAR AND THOUSANDS MORE ACROSS THE COUNTRY. HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!
Not really a big deal anymore. We know they're out there...watching. I think the government has known for some time. They will never contact us though, because we are so primitive and warlike.
Got Milk

Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

#44 Apr 20, 2008
beep...beep...beep...this just in! Sales of glow sticks and glo-in-the-dark frisbees are sky rocketing! LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Augustine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Heather Michelle Greene Tue HEATHER MICHELLE ... 1
Thomas Woodward Jr of Palm Coast Fl Nov 24 Anon 3
Good Will should be avoided. Nov 21 Michael Johnson 1
News Regan: LightUp! Night will be safe, secure, and... Nov 16 Safeprice 1
News Blackface Halloween costume sparks protests; wo... Nov '17 Mediacon 1
American Legion Oct '17 curious and hopeful 1
News Mayor praises Irma volunteers from "other" home... Oct '17 Cheapphoto 1

St. Augustine Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance