[FL] Deputy Halford "Bubba" Harris can beat, threaten to kill, and...

There are 12 comments on the Behind The Blue WAll story from May 3, 2009, titled [FL] Deputy Halford "Bubba" Harris can beat, threaten to kill, and.... In it, Behind The Blue WAll reports that:

St. Johns County Sheriff David Shoar has overriden recommendations to fire a deputy after a criminal and administrative investigation into alleged domestic abuse, giving the deputy a "second chance"... "There are no hard and fast rules necessarily on when an arrest is made.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Behind The Blue WAll.

food for thought

Saint Augustine, FL

#1 May 4, 2009
if i had done any of the findings that mr harris has done and is known to have done i would have had my house surrounded by guntoting officers there to protect my spouse and to render me harmless. it seems because it is one of their own the one protected is the officer and not the victem. and why do we as a society have to wait for someone (victem) to come up missing, or dead, or killed or something mysteriously happens to them before a sherriff or some one else may rethink the situation and say "maybe he did not deserve the chance. If I violate the law am I given a second chance with nothing more than a handshake.
RCVB

Middleburg, FL

#2 May 4, 2009
food for thought wrote:
if i had done any of the findings that mr harris has done and is known to have done i would have had my house surrounded by guntoting officers there to protect my spouse and to render me harmless. it seems because it is one of their own the one protected is the officer and not the victem. and why do we as a society have to wait for someone (victem) to come up missing, or dead, or killed or something mysteriously happens to them before a sherriff or some one else may rethink the situation and say "maybe he did not deserve the chance. If I violate the law am I given a second chance with nothing more than a handshake.
Shades of Dean Kelly..protect your own and to hell with rest......sad but true.
st augustine guy

Saint Augustine, FL

#3 May 4, 2009
i heard the deputy has resigned.
st auggy girl

Saint Augustine, FL

#4 Jun 9, 2009
i think there are always more than one side to every story. yes this deputy has resigned...and it is not fair. hes a great guy and didnt deserve this.
Okay

Jacksonville, FL

#5 Aug 27, 2010
st auggy girl wrote:
i think there are always more than one side to every story. yes this deputy has resigned...and it is not fair. hes a great guy and didnt deserve this.
Really, I know the J A$$ he does deserve it!
pensacolabeach

Columbus, GA

#6 Nov 9, 2010
[
I have met Bubba and I like him. He comes from a fine family And yes, there are two sides to every story. Unfortunately Bubba's side was not published.
Anonymous

Vero Beach, FL

#7 May 14, 2011
Wow..I used to love Shoar, but this needs to stop! Sjso is not holding their deputies responsible for their actions! How many officers are going to break the law and keep hiding behind the badge! I dont know this officer but I know I lost someone I love to a killer sjso officer and Shoar gave.him a lifesaving award just months later. Wake up!!!! Just because they claim to be officers of the law, they are human and some humans are currupt. Even ones in uniform! Sjso is really showing off thefact that they protect officers more than they care about protecting citizens. If you are accused of anything as a deputy,,ANYTHING SERIOUS...your local sheriffs office/employer/co workers/friends should not be the ones in charge of investigating an offending officer! Sjso has some good and some bad...and even some that have murdered before, sure open your doorforthese guys! But watch what you say, they might just shoot you in the head for disagreeing with them...Is this sooo unbelievable..ABSOLUTELY! Open your eyes!
Anonymous

Vero Beach, FL

#8 May 14, 2011
Absolutely NOT****
Live Oak

Interlachen, FL

#9 Sep 29, 2011
He is now a deputy in Suwannee Co. nice to know our Sheriff will hire people that behave this way!
Outragious

Alachua, FL

#10 Dec 4, 2011
Live Oak wrote:
He is now a deputy in Suwannee Co. nice to know our Sheriff will hire people that behave this way!
I just learned this and am outraged. Time to let Cameron know this is beyone unacceptable. What BS to hire a piece of garbage to protect the citizens, especially women citizens. I heard he almost broke a woman's arm that he arrested and that they charged her with assault on Harris. Seriously??? WTF
pensacolabeach

United States

#11 Dec 12, 2011
Outragious wrote:
<quoted text>
I just learned this and am outraged. Time to let Cameron know this is beyone unacceptable. What BS to hire a piece of garbage to protect the citizens, especially women citizens. I heard he almost broke a woman's arm that he arrested and that they charged her with assault on Harris. Seriously??? WTF
Fact: Facts: the wife lied, was having an affair with another deputy, she reported false abuse claims and also denied the affair. GUESS WHAT?? She remarried, to whom???? the deputy she had the affair with. These are facts. Advice: please stop talking crap unless you know both sides of this blown-out-of proportion story!!!!
okay

United States

#12 Mar 10, 2013
pensacolabeach wrote:
<quoted text> Fact: Facts: the wife lied, was having an affair with another deputy, she reported false abuse claims and also denied the affair. GUESS WHAT?? She remarried, to whom???? the deputy she had the affair with. These are facts. Advice: please stop talking crap unless you know both sides of this blown-out-of proportion story!!!!
I can confirm this......I was with her myself...after her divorce....not knowing she was seeing her now husband....he found out and still married her!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Augustine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mark Miner, former St. Johns County commissione... 17 min Hooah 2
News Pakistani businessman Parvez Henry Gill builds ... May 20 Nellie 2
News One dead, two in custody after shooting at St. ... May 20 Peace 2
News Mayor tastes Spanish Paella about the El Galeon May 19 Brenda Kush 17
Lights turned green, why can't people step on g... May 18 Shelly 3
News Veterans group gets cold shoulder on parade plan May 18 David 2
News Settling 7-Eleven property fight May 18 Enough Taxes 2
More from around the web

St. Augustine People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]