Homicide Investigating Apparent Suici...

Homicide Investigating Apparent Suicide of Deputy's Girlfriend in St. Augustine

There are 56 comments on the WTLV story from Sep 3, 2010, titled Homicide Investigating Apparent Suicide of Deputy's Girlfriend in St. Augustine. In it, WTLV reports that:

ST. JOHNS COUNTY, Fla. -- The girlfriend of a St. Johns County sheriff's deputy died overnight in an apparent suicide, officials said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTLV.

Give it a rest

Jacksonville, FL

#45 Dec 7, 2011
People are still posting on all these things? Why don't all you drama queens just let the family move on. Half the people say they fought like crazy, neither one of them were perfect, heard she had a real bad temper, and yes people commit suicide every day to the disbelief of their loved ones. You see posts to Michelle on this and on behind the blue wall, hey people shes not gonna read them, shes not here, but the family will and have all the pain dragged back up. Just stop, go talk to her gravesite like normal people stop posting on sites like she can see it, that's stupid. Dont get me wrong he needs to be locked up for a while but why continue to harass the family whose trying to live their own lives.
Cloud

Tacoma, WA

#46 Dec 8, 2011
Michelle O'Connell will continue to be discussed and remembered out loud.
Give it a rest

Saint Augustine, FL

#47 Dec 8, 2011
Thats nice not like you have been there at all. You havent been a comfort to the family you just keep it in the front of everyones minds at all times. Dont be concerned that they cant move on that its causing severe depression and emotional issues and continuing to destroy the family. Youre selfish and you want attention. I use to be a friend to one of the brothers emphasis on use to be, he hasnt had friends since this happened. Do you care about that? Rest in peace means nothing to you.
Give it a rest

Saint Augustine, FL

#48 Dec 8, 2011
You are just a faceless blogger from who knows where.
This Needs to End

Saint Augustine, FL

#49 Jan 10, 2012
You had it almost right. NO, he shouldn't be put away. You said people commit suicide everyday to the disbelief of their family. Sadly, this is true. And, it this case, she did. I agree w/ everything else in your post - this needs to stop. As for CLOUD - mind you own business.
Give it a rest wrote:
People are still posting on all these things? Why don't all you drama queens just let the family move on. Half the people say they fought like crazy, neither one of them were perfect, heard she had a real bad temper, and yes people commit suicide every day to the disbelief of their loved ones. You see posts to Michelle on this and on behind the blue wall, hey people shes not gonna read them, shes not here, but the family will and have all the pain dragged back up. Just stop, go talk to her gravesite like normal people stop posting on sites like she can see it, that's stupid. Dont get me wrong he needs to be locked up for a while but why continue to harass the family whose trying to live their own lives.
JBFOH

Saint Augustine, FL

#51 Feb 19, 2012
Seems to me the girls family is strange and does things in the same manner. They are trying to pin this on Jeremy. Im wondering if they even tried to contact the biological father of the deceased's child. Does he know shes dead or is the family trying to hide it? "this needs to end" do you know anything about that? Feel like it needs to be brought up. Since obviously Jeremy was not the dad. I've seen this happen before.
Truth

Killington, VT

#55 Apr 1, 2012
This will never go a way.
A person has left us. She left a beautiful young girl, and loving family.
How dare you to mention to give it up!
Would you, if someone you loved died, with no answers to what happened? Do you not have love or a heart.
It is just easier for everyone to just give up, sorry for you, hope you never lose someone you care about.
JB CLEARED

Saint Augustine, FL

#56 Apr 1, 2012
After TWO States Attorney's offices THOROUGH investigations (one in the middle of Florida that had no connection to our county) the case was not accepted, it was DECLINED for further review. This should clearly counter anyone's belief of a cover-up by the SJC Sheriff's office. Further, in a 5-page memo to her family they were told that there was NO probable cause on JB's part and that HE DID NOT ENGAGE IN ANY WRONGFUL CONDUCT. It is OVER. The sad fact remains that she is still gone, but at her own hand. Please accept this. CREDITABLE officials are telling you to accept this.
Truth wrote:
This will never go a way.
A person has left us. She left a beautiful young girl, and loving family.
How dare you to mention to give it up!
Would you, if someone you loved died, with no answers to what happened? Do you not have love or a heart.
It is just easier for everyone to just give up, sorry for you, hope you never lose someone you care about.
JB fan-fan

United States

#57 Apr 1, 2012
I so agree with JB cleared statement above...This has got to be the most investigated incident EVER! And the one sad thing that remains is that she is still gone. We are saddened by this, as no family should go through what her family has gone through.
However...the lies and conspiracy theories that have gone on about JB has bordered on delusional.
I also agree with the person "give it a rest"...it needs to stop.
When this site goes dormant...we will let it go. When you continue to say lies about JB it is impossible to let it go. As we love him as much as her family loves her.
And "Cloud", whoever you are...at least on this site both sides can vent. You never post supporting responses for JB...shame, shame, shame on you. As you knew neither one of them. We did...and we know the truth.
Concerned

Lake Butler, FL

#58 Apr 1, 2012
You're right, it will never go away! Suicide is a life long decision to a temporary problem. Yes Cloud, I posted that very correct statement to your site many months ago, and you chose not to make it public, but you can't edit or delete it on this site. That statement can't be denied no matter who we're talking about. Your site is nothing but a bunch of I heard or I was told, and that's at it's best! I've read many many times about no investigation! Well it's been investigated many times over and because it didn't produce the conclusion that yall wanted, you're still convicting the innocent. Sadly, I recently had a family member commit suicide, and the easy thing would have been to blame it one someone else, but she took her own life, no one else did so we had to accept that as truth. It's hard, but it happens every day. It takes a very unstable and selfish person to commit suicide, but this case is no different from many, many others. The difference is there is a young police officer and a young woman with a child that no one would expect her to leave her daughter, but she did! You had every single right to question and ask for further answers and those questions have been answered. Sadly it wasn't what you wanted to hear. I'm not going to say let it go I'm just saying it's time to try to accept the truth!
knock down 7x up 8

United States

#60 Apr 2, 2012
I'm sure FDLE used credible experts during their investigating. It has to be asked, have any of the states attorneys used this persons expertise before? Why all the sudden in this case is his opinion deemed unreliable? Really, and you wonder why this can't be put to bed.
FightForMichelle

Dallas, TX

#67 Apr 24, 2012
Love you friend.
sorry but waiting

Saint Augustine, FL

#68 Aug 7, 2012
I know what happened, he knows what happened, she knows what happened!!!!! the only three there. let me tell you, she killed herself........
watching

Jacksonville, FL

#71 Aug 10, 2012
Well, sorry but waiting, only Jeremy and Michelle were there. I can only assume that you are Jeremy, God or Jeremy's other personality.
JB Ex-girlfriend

United States

#73 Aug 14, 2012
I Know this is quite a time later but I just have to say it. Tracie, the person who said JB was an officer who was trained to lie, deceive, and that batterers are good at making people believe they are good and demotalizing the victim. Sounds to me that you may have been raised around corrupt cops. I one from a family of cops and your outlook is totally different then I have ever experiences. I dated JB in middle school and remained friends in high school. At the time when a "batterer" hasn't mastered the art of hiding their abusive behaviors. He was an amazing friend and human being. He was the kid in school that you could always count on being there for you, even if he wasn't a friend. To me that does not sound like a man who intentionally inflicts harm on a woman or a child!!!!! I have met my share of "corrupt cops" and JB does not have any qualities that I had ever seen. I have had many breakups, some not so civil. But there was never any abuse and I am still alive. People need to stop watching so many lifetime
Movies. This is real life, A real life was lost. I definetly feel for the family of Michelle. I have lost loved ones and almost lost my father to suicide, and the first thing I did was try to think of who I could blame. and when there was no one I blamed myself. But I had no "scapegoat" and that is exactly what JB is to Michelle's family. If it helps them sleep at night to secretly blame him so be it. But why destroy another human life and another loving family. For a family who seemed so big on justice, being they had multiple police officers. It saddens me that for so long they stand beside the justice system and expect everybody to agree or deal with a verdict but when it comes to their family all of a sudden the justice system in Florida is WRONG!!!! But only when it comes to their family. there will come a day when they will either die an angry person or except the fact that life, and death happened. It's a sad and horrific thing but nobody is to blame. And blaming somebody will not bring Michelle back.
Hastings

United States

#76 Aug 15, 2012
I wonder why the family has publicized only the reports that they like! Why not publicize the States Attorneys 5 page report? Oh wait, that one contains all the information as to why this is a suicide and not a homicide!
watching
#77 Aug 16, 2012
Print it, I'll read it. However, the State Attorney is a politician and former deputy. I do not believe he is an investigator, nor do I believe he is a forensics expert. I will take take the results of the FDLE and the forensics expert every time.
Deborah Jerolman

Guilford, CT

#79 Aug 23, 2012
JB Ex-girlfriend wrote:
I Know this is quite a time later but I just have to say it. Tracie, the person who said JB was an officer who was trained to lie, deceive, and that batterers are good at making people believe they are good and demotalizing the victim. Sounds to me that you may have been raised around corrupt cops. I one from a family of cops and your outlook is totally different then I have ever experiences. I dated JB in middle school and remained friends in high school. At the time when a "batterer" hasn't mastered the art of hiding their abusive behaviors. He was an amazing friend and human being. He was the kid in school that you could always count on being there for you, even if he wasn't a friend. To me that does not sound like a man who intentionally inflicts harm on a woman or a child!!!!! I have met my share of "corrupt cops" and JB does not have any qualities that I had ever seen. I have had many breakups, some not so civil. But there was never any abuse and I am still alive. People need to stop watching so many lifetime
Movies. This is real life, A real life was lost. I definetly feel for the family of Michelle. I have lost loved ones and almost lost my father to suicide, and the first thing I did was try to think of who I could blame. and when there was no one I blamed myself. But I had no "scapegoat" and that is exactly what JB is to Michelle's family. If it helps them sleep at night to secretly blame him so be it. But why destroy another human life and another loving family. For a family who seemed so big on justice, being they had multiple police officers. It saddens me that for so long they stand beside the justice system and expect everybody to agree or deal with a verdict but when it comes to their family all of a sudden the justice system in Florida is WRONG!!!! But only when it comes to their family. there will come a day when they will either die an angry person or except the fact that life, and death happened. It's a sad and horrific thing but nobody is to blame. And blaming somebody will not bring Michelle back.
Lady are you delusional! Because he did not hurt you, you think this could not have happened? Read the FACTS-
Deborah Jerolman

Guilford, CT

#80 Aug 23, 2012
Regarding JB ex-girlfriend_

!!!!! Lady are you delusional! Because he did not hurt you, you think this could not have happened? Read the FACTS-!!!!
MRC

Jacksonville, FL

#83 Aug 24, 2012
Maybe I've missed something here Gods Message Only.... & I may be stepping in front of a train unnecessarily, but I'm JB's pastor & have been since he was a child. If you'd like to speak to me personally about your concerns, you know where to find me. It's not necessary to produce comments like this. I am wide open to talk to you about it. I personally haven't taken a side - but made a decision to care. If you feel that I've overlooked someone - I apologize for that, but it wasn't intentional. Maybe you do know me, maybe you don't... But I DO have family issues & anyone in our church can tell you that I AM real about that... Constantly...
As I said... If you know me, step out of the shadows, contact me & let's discuss your concerns... I am always available & if I've been wrong, am MORE than able to admit that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Augustine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 5 of the most picturesque campuses around the g... Jan 4 Taxpayerspay 1
help what water softener system? Jan 4 volksbugusa 1
News Guest: A look at local bias and fake news Dec 30 Nojaguar 1
News 4 Unexpected Places to Celebrate the Holidays i... Dec '17 Falsenews 1
Good Will should be avoided. Dec '17 Martin Luther 2
Review: Heather Michelle Greene Dec '17 HEATHER MICHELLE ... 1
Thomas Woodward Jr of Palm Coast Fl Nov '17 Anon 3

St. Augustine Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance