Mother Jones reporter wins Polk Award for Romney story

Posted in the St. Anthony Forum

Awful Truth

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Feb 18, 2013

Source: AP

NEW YORK (AP) The reporter for Mother Jones magazine who broke the story of Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney's remarks that 47 percent of Americans "believe they are victims" is among the winners of the 64th annual George Polk Awards in Journalism.

David Corn, Mother Jones' Washington bureau chief, received the political reporting prize for his work, which shook up the campaign when he reported on the remarks in September.

The awards were announced Monday by Long Island University. Winners also include journalists from Bloomberg News, The New York Times, CBS News, McClatchy Newspapers, GlobalPost, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, The New Yorker, The Washington Post, the Maine Sunday Telegram, "Frontline," and the nonprofit California Watch.

Among the top prizes in U.S. journalism, the Polk Awards were created in 1949 in honor of CBS reporter George W. Polk, who was killed while covering the Greek civil war. This year's awards will be given out April 11.

Read more: http://bigstory.ap.org/article/mother-jones-r...
Whackingthebush

Grantsburg, WI

#2 Feb 18, 2013
Awful Truth wrote:
Source: AP
NEW YORK (AP) The reporter for Mother Jones magazine who broke the story of Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney's remarks that 47 percent of Americans "believe they are victims" is among the winners of the 64th annual George Polk Awards in Journalism.
David Corn, Mother Jones' Washington bureau chief, received the political reporting prize for his work, which shook up the campaign when he reported on the remarks in September.
The awards were announced Monday by Long Island University. Winners also include journalists from Bloomberg News, The New York Times, CBS News, McClatchy Newspapers, GlobalPost, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, The New Yorker, The Washington Post, the Maine Sunday Telegram, "Frontline," and the nonprofit California Watch.
Among the top prizes in U.S. journalism, the Polk Awards were created in 1949 in honor of CBS reporter George W. Polk, who was killed while covering the Greek civil war. This year's awards will be given out April 11.
Read more: http://bigstory.ap.org/article/mother-jones-r...
No Integrity Name Stealer,

As a defective that "Joneses for his Mommy" can you enlighten us from your perspectives in Mommy's Spare Bedroom WHY an award from a Propaganda Source to an Official Propagandist of the Sheeple Media, is relevant?

It suffices to say that the Awful Truth that Mr Romney spoke, which fed ammunition (Propaganda) to your Talking Points Leaders was foolish on Romney's part.

I will not take the time to produce the 1000's of LIES from your "Leaders and their "Sources", but suffice it to say, their consistent stream of lies, deflections, minimizing, and Talking Point Production IS very affective to manipulate you ill educated Sheeple.

Just look at this post of yours.

Romney is a name in History and useless/obscure, but just like "It is Bush's Fault" has animated you Sheeple for 5 years, Mr Romney should be good for at least 3 years for you in the Kool Aid Classes!

Learn a little bit of personal shame!
Awful Truth

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Feb 18, 2013
Perhaps your reading comprehension is a bit rusty. The story is about an award for a journalist that broke possbily the biggest story in last years election.

Myself, I'd be ashamed to post if I was unable to understand what the topic was. But that's just me.
Whackingthebush

Grantsburg, WI

#4 Feb 18, 2013
Awful Truth wrote:
Perhaps your reading comprehension is a bit rusty. The story is about an award for a journalist that broke possbily the biggest story in last years election.
Myself, I'd be ashamed to post if I was unable to understand what the topic was. But that's just me.
Clown,

We see from your posts that your most used tool as a Sheeple is expressions based on...

"A majority Feel"

"Most Feel"

"Everyone Feels"

"All Feel"

YOU may feel that the Story promoted by the Propagandists that easily manipulated you Sheeple in 2012, was the 24/7 coverage of the Awful Truth Mr Romney spoke of.

As a Sheeple this satiates you.....we get it.

The 80% of Americans that did not vote for your Messiah, and do not have an overwhelming need to "seem relevant", realize that the 1000's of Lies ignored by your Propagandists in the Demokrat Politburo, are why America is where it is!

David Corn is a Fauching Idiot, as are the other Heroes you Sheeple adore, who produce your Kool Aid on those Web Sites that you use for affirmation that you are relevant and important, a part of what "Everyone Feels".

Bbahayahahayahh!
Awful Truth

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Feb 18, 2013

----------

David Corn deserves the congressional medal of honor for breaking the story of Romney's true beliefs.
Dave

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Feb 18, 2013
Your ability to describe your "feelings" as "facts" and opposing "facts" as "feelings" is legendary. You never disappoint. You're funnier when you're drunk though.
Whackingthebush

Grantsburg, WI

#7 Feb 18, 2013
Dave wrote:
Your ability to describe your "feelings" as "facts" and opposing "facts" as "feelings" is legendary. You never disappoint. You're funnier when you're drunk though.
No Integrity Name Stealer,

Mommy will not like it if she finds out that you have started answering your posts to yourself again!
Awful Truth

Saint Paul, MN

#8 Feb 18, 2013
Give him an hour or so and he'll be shitfaced.
Whackingthebush

Grantsburg, WI

#9 Feb 18, 2013
Awful Truth wrote:
Give him an hour or so and he'll be shitfaced.
Interesting rant.
Unique and unexpectedly original from a Low Integrity Poster that fears the light outside of Mommy's Spare Bedroom.

You win today's Fragile Ego Contest.

I have tired of slapping you around.

Besides I have a Business to get to. Not a Furtune 500 Bidness, but business that I enjoy none the less.
Awful Truth

Saint Paul, MN

#10 Feb 18, 2013
In other words, you give up and quit because you are unable to muster anything but personal insults as opposed to presenting any kind of facts related to the topic.
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#11 Feb 18, 2013
How many names have you stolen and how many lies will you tell, con the clown ??? Poor troll, playing a loser game is a pitiful life...

I think you've done a very good job of showing who the "fauching idiot" is with your post.

Now do YOUR "gay" bit, drunken con/troll. LMAOROTFU~!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Anthony Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thanks Black People For The Entertainment 1 hr No sympathy for T... 3
Car plows through protesters during Ferguson ra... 1 hr No sympathy for T... 5
Mpls. police: Driver who hit protester was flee... 1 hr No sympathy for T... 1
Ferguson rioters destroy businesses, police car... 1 hr Liberal Lover 27
How do I explain this to my black students? 3 hr Space ace 26
The Gentle Violent Giant 7 hr Mammie brown 3
Burn Diss Place Down 8 hr Mammie brown 9
St. Anthony Dating
Find my Match

St. Anthony People Search