Topix in the Toilet
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Miss Piggy

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Nov 29, 2012
Topix has sunk to a new low with about 3 people actually contributing anything of substance, and about 3 trolls using many different names posting nothing but ignorant insults.
It's become nothing but a waste of time.
Elmo

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Nov 29, 2012
Jumbo doesn't care. But with an I.Q. of ~75, he thinks he's in the thick of it. Predictable.
The Truth

Saint Paul, MN

#4 Nov 29, 2012
Let's take bets on how many of the 3 previous posts were done by the same North St. Paul resident.

I bet all 3.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#5 Nov 29, 2012
Miss Piggy wrote:
Topix has sunk to a new low with about 3 people actually contributing anything of substance, and about 3 trolls using many different names posting nothing but ignorant insults.
It's become nothing but a waste of time.
You are right. I pop on here maybe once a day, make several witty comments, ignore the ignorant nameless trolls and move on!
Amused Slew

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Nov 29, 2012
The Truth wrote:
Let's take bets on how many of the 3 previous posts were done by the same North St. Paul resident.
I bet all 3.
One of the clueless ones speaks out, a inacurate worthless comment.
The Truth

Minneapolis, MN

#7 Nov 29, 2012
Amused Slew wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the clueless ones speaks out, a inacurate worthless comment.
Another comment from Schmmahl in No St Paul.
Consistent

Grantsburg, WI

#8 Nov 29, 2012
The Truth wrote:
I bet all 3.
We hear from the Number One Name Changing Troll in Topix History. He is wearing his Tin Foil hat as he hides from Shmall of St Paul!

If you ain't the Seattle Sociopath, then please join her when she consumes that Thorazine stash she has for her big trip to the light!

Smart Liberal

“The one and only Smart Liberal”

Since: Aug 12

Former MN Tax Payer

#9 Nov 29, 2012
The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Another comment from Schmmahl in No St Paul.
Topix has gone in the toilet lately. Thanks, Bob.
The Truth

Saint Paul, MN

#10 Nov 29, 2012
Thank you whoever pointed out that that post was from Schmahl. It indeed was.

Consistent is a good example of everything wrong with Topix. Rather than posting facts, Consistent posts insults interlaced with a few ultra right wing talking points but is incapable of arguing or debating a point.

CRASSUS is another great example of everything wrong with Topix. Because registration isn't required, CRASSUS can post things that he wouldn't dream of saying otherwise. Anyone who is NOT a racist will likely leave Topix after seeing a few CRASSUS posts.

Still another great example of why people don't stick around Topix is Smart Liberal, who takes the attitude that there is nothing wrong with posting crap that he KNOWS not to be try. When half the topics here are completely untrue, reasonable people leave.

So who do you have left? 95% of the posts on the Minneapolis forum are made by less than a dozen individuals posting under multiple monikers using proxy servers to vary there locations.

There really are no moderates left on Topix - most of the 12 remaining posters are right wing extremists with a few pissed off liberals devoting their time to debunking the same conservative lies over and over again.
J_Otis

Saint Paul, MN

#11 Nov 29, 2012
The Truth wrote:
Thank you whoever pointed out that that post was from Schmahl. It indeed was.
Consistent is a good example of everything wrong with Topix. Rather than posting facts, Consistent posts insults interlaced with a few ultra right wing talking points but is incapable of arguing or debating a point.
CRASSUS is another great example of everything wrong with Topix. Because registration isn't required, CRASSUS can post things that he wouldn't dream of saying otherwise. Anyone who is NOT a racist will likely leave Topix after seeing a few CRASSUS posts.
Still another great example of why people don't stick around Topix is Smart Liberal, who takes the attitude that there is nothing wrong with posting crap that he KNOWS not to be try. When half the topics here are completely untrue, reasonable people leave.
So who do you have left? 95% of the posts on the Minneapolis forum are made by less than a dozen individuals posting under multiple monikers using proxy servers to vary there locations.
There really are no moderates left on Topix - most of the 12 remaining posters are right wing extremists with a few pissed off liberals devoting their time to debunking the same conservative lies over and over again.
Get help moron. You are effin insane!
The Truth

Saint Paul, MN

#12 Nov 29, 2012
J_Otis wrote:
<quoted text>Get help moron. You are effin insane!
That's mighty Schmahl of you to say.

Smart Liberal

Former MN Tax Payer

#13 Nov 29, 2012
The Truth wrote:
... most of the 12 remaining posters are right wing extremists with a few pissed off liberals devoting their time to debunking the same conservative lies over and over again.
Conservative lies? I would love to see your examples.

Liberal lies? Lets start with your name jacking.

Let's then move to you trying to discredit any conservative poster by posting crap under his name that you know he would never say.

Then we can discuss your difinition of a lie being anything you are not fed in your aiy raical Leftist talking points.

After that, we can shake things up a bit and talk about your very personal attacks upon anyone who you can not hold your own against.

OK?
The Truth

Saint Paul, MN

#14 Nov 29, 2012
Smart Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Conservative lies? I would love to see your examples.
Let's start with skewed polls, Obamaphones and Obama is a Muslim.
The Truth

Saint Paul, MN

#15 Nov 29, 2012
Oh, and Topix changed the rules. It is allowable to post as any name a person wants to now.

"Then we can discuss your difinition of a lie being anything you are not fed in your aiy raical Leftist talking points."

Is your spell checker on strike today? My "difinition of aiy raical leftist talking points"??? Been drinking some of Consistent's Phillips Vodka, by chance?

Smart Liberal

Former MN Tax Payer

#16 Nov 29, 2012
I do apologoze for the typos. New keypad rather than keyboard and it takes some getting used to. The sentence above should have read:

Then we can discuss your definition of a lie being anything you are not fed in your daily radical Leftist talking points.

Smart Liberal

Former MN Tax Payer

#17 Nov 29, 2012
The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
1. The polls did oversample Democrats. That is a fact.
2. Talk to the lady from Cleveland. She is the one telling the world about Obamaphones.
3. I have never said Obama is a Muslim. Nor do I care what religion he is or is not. His actions are what I have a problem with.

Now, let's talk about your persistent personal attacks and attempts to discredit conservative posters by using their names.

Smart Liberal

Former MN Tax Payer

#18 Nov 29, 2012
Since you brought it up, here's your Obamaphone:

Free cell phones with texting for eligible households

July 11, 2012

If you’ve wanted a cell phone but couldn’t afford one, the federal government may be able to help. Thanks to the Lifeline Assistance program, everyone who needs a telephone for emergencies can get one. Back in the day, that meant a landline, but since 1996, the subsidy has been available to wireless providers. This is no scam or bait to get you on the hook for extra charges. Lifeline Assistance is paid for by the federal Universal Service Fund, a fee applied to all telephone bills.

Companies like SafeLink Wireless and Assurance Wireless apply the Universal Service Fund subsidy to an allotment of free airtime minutes and provide the wireless handset at the company’s expense. Instead of receiving a subsidized monthly telephone bill for Lifeline service, SafeLink converts the total amount of discounted service into minutes each month for one year. Typically the cell phones you get offer in-demand features: voicemail, text, three-way calling, call waiting, caller ID and access to 911.

These free phones are only available to those who qualify based on household income and/or people on Medicaid, food stamps (SNAP) or certain other public assistance programs. Every state has its own additional requirements, which you can find on the company’s websites.(Usually you just search by zip code). While there are two major providers, neither covers every state, so you will have to check first to see the coverage area.

Eligible households can get a FREE cell phone that includes 250 FREE voice minutes and 250 FREE texts (a new perk) each month from Assurance Wireless. There’s no annual contract and the phone also includes call waiting, caller ID and access to 911 service. For $5 each month you can opt for 250 additional minutes and 250 texts monthly. Assurance Wireless is part of Virgin Mobile USA and uses the Sprint network. To request an application, call 877-467-9591 (Monday to Sunday from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.) or visit Assurance Wireless.

The other company offering FREE phones and minutes is SafeLink Wireless. It is in 36 states and provides 250 minutes a month for local and national calls and texting. SafeLink is a subsidiary of TracFone. Contact the company at 800-723-3546 (Monday to Saturday 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. and Sunday from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.) or visit SafeLink Wireless.
The Truth

Saint Paul, MN

#19 Nov 29, 2012
Smart Liberal wrote:
I do apologoze for the typos. New keypad rather than keyboard and it takes some getting used to. The sentence above should have read:
Then we can discuss your definition of a lie being anything you are not fed in your daily radical Leftist talking points.
You failed to respond:

It is pretty much senseless debating a topic with you though - you never concede when you are wrong.

I take that back - you did nicely congratulate Obama on his victory on the day after the election - I'll give you credit for being a class act at least once.
The Truth

Saint Paul, MN

#21 Nov 29, 2012
Smart Liberal wrote:
Since you brought it up, here's your Obamaphone:
Free cell phones with texting for eligible households
July 11, 2012
If you’ve wanted a cell phone but couldn’t afford one, the federal government may be able to help. Thanks to the Lifeline Assistance program, everyone who needs a telephone for emergencies can get one. Back in the day, that meant a landline, but since 1996, the subsidy has been available to wireless providers. This is no scam or bait to get you on the hook for extra charges. Lifeline Assistance is paid for by the federal Universal Service Fund, a fee applied to all telephone bills.
Companies like SafeLink Wireless and Assurance Wireless apply the Universal Service Fund subsidy to an allotment of free airtime minutes and provide the wireless handset at the company’s expense. Instead of receiving a subsidized monthly telephone bill for Lifeline service, SafeLink converts the total amount of discounted service into minutes each month for one year. Typically the cell phones you get offer in-demand features: voicemail, text, three-way calling, call waiting, caller ID and access to 911.
These free phones are only available to those who qualify based on household income and/or people on Medicaid, food stamps (SNAP) or certain other public assistance programs. Every state has its own additional requirements, which you can find on the company’s websites.(Usually you just search by zip code). While there are two major providers, neither covers every state, so you will have to check first to see the coverage area.
Eligible households can get a FREE cell phone that includes 250 FREE voice minutes and 250 FREE texts (a new perk) each month from Assurance Wireless. There’s no annual contract and the phone also includes call waiting, caller ID and access to 911 service. For $5 each month you can opt for 250 additional minutes and 250 texts monthly. Assurance Wireless is part of Virgin Mobile USA and uses the Sprint network. To request an application, call 877-467-9591 (Monday to Sunday from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.) or visit Assurance Wireless.
The other company offering FREE phones and minutes is SafeLink Wireless. It is in 36 states and provides 250 minutes a month for local and national calls and texting. SafeLink is a subsidiary of TracFone. Contact the company at 800-723-3546 (Monday to Saturday 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. and Sunday from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.) or visit SafeLink Wireless.
And actually most of your post appears to be true, except for the "Obamaphone" title. The program began under Reagan, I believe, to provide phone service to those that can't afford it.

You call it "Obamaphone" to falsely intimate that Obama started some new kind of give-a-way to "buy" voters, which isn't true.
The Truth

Saint Paul, MN

#22 Nov 29, 2012
CRASSUS wrote:
<quoted text>This loser from St Paul has a hard on for me. Jealousy, envy, I get this from absolute zero's all the time. Are all people from St Paul like this?
Drive five miles south and tell us yourself.

I dislike hatefilled bigots. I'm the first to admit that. You have no place in America's future, loser.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Anthony Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama's America 38 min Tellitlikeitis 78
Orlando 15 hr OK Barry 40
Can't manage the gov & NOT honest or trustworthy (Nov '13) Mon LIbEralS 517
Right now!!!!!!! Sun space ace 2
britain leaves EU, new world order stunned Sun cowboy chris 11
News Pride Weekend Kick-Off Parties Sat Joe Balls 5
News Obama tries to humanize economic struggles (Jun '14) Jun '14 Le Jimbo 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

St. Anthony Mortgages