Hayes Jr. High fights
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
concerned

Southfield, MI

#1 May 5, 2006
I'm really getting concerned about Hayes, the fighting is out of control. There was another fight there , I think it was yesterday, it was so bad that several of the students not involved were spattered with blood from the fight. Something needs to be done! I think it was back in the late 70's that a student was shot and killed in that school , something needs to be done before there is a repeat!
worried mother Hayes

AOL

#2 May 5, 2006
Dear Kentucky, I know of other incidents where children at this very school have been terrorized. There are recent incidents. I am sick with concern as well. I have done everything humanly possible to get attention to these problems that face our children at Hayes. Unfortunatly, not much has been done to assure me that the children will be safe there. I will continue to seek help. The horrible things that are going on at Hayes, will not get better until the administration goes into the school, doing a clean sweep and stopping this insane behavior. Thanks for your posting Kentucky. Let's continue to get the word out that there are problems at this school, perhaps in doing so, we can prevent a child in going to an early grave or a mental institution. Again I thank you.
just curious

United States

#3 May 16, 2006
has any one heard how things are at this school? I went to this school in the late 70's and it was rough then, sex under bleachers etc. and just too many places to "hide" and do what you wanted to do.
sahs

Charleston, WV

#4 Oct 26, 2006
fights are fun as hell 2 watch
Worried Mother Hayes

AOL

#5 Oct 28, 2006
Dear sahs, your age is showing, it is obvious that you are immature youth. You may be entertained with the fight scene now but, one day you may have a child of your own and the fight scene will no longer seem entertaining to you.

If it would be your child hitting others, and bullying others, it will break your heart. It is just as hurtful to know that your child is the one being hit and bullied.

I hope that one day you will face theses issues, then you will understand how damaging and very dangerous this behavior is. Until then, you have much growing to do. Be well and please grow up.
Concerned Mother at Hayes

AOL

#6 Jan 18, 2007
just curious wrote:
has any one heard how things are at this school? I went to this school in the late 70's and it was rough then, sex under bleachers etc. and just too many places to "hide" and do what you wanted to do.
Just Curious, every incident that arises within Hayes, the staff and the Board Of Education sweep it under the rug. The staff keep quiet so they won't be terminated.
Just look at the teachers over the years that have been employed at Hayes, that sexually abused children.
Right off the top of my head is Mr. Roger Parsons and Mr. Pauley.

The BOE of Kanawha have always covered up, they too are corrupt.
grow up

United States

#7 Jan 21, 2007
sahs wrote:
fights are fun as hell 2 watch
Yeah they will be really fun for you when its your a$$ they are beating!
Concerned Mother at Hayes

AOL

#8 Jan 21, 2007
Librarian at Hayes busted for indecent acts towards male students.... Now that makes it three in count for this school. And that's just the ones we know of. She had her place at MySpace, and it looks as if she visited students homes as well. Will she be treated like the men, when they get busted or... will she be set free and do it again? statistics say she goes free.
just wondering

United States

#9 Jan 21, 2007
Concerned Mother at Hayes wrote:
Librarian at Hayes busted for indecent acts towards male students.... Now that makes it three in count for this school. And that's just the ones we know of. She had her place at MySpace, and it looks as if she visited students homes as well. Will she be treated like the men, when they get busted or... will she be set free and do it again? statistics say she goes free.
Hi Concerned Mother, Did you know that she was already on probation before she was caught smoking pot with them?
Concerned Mother at Hayes

AOL

#10 Jan 22, 2007
Good morning just wondering, No I didn't know that. Wow, with all the talk of drug testing in the coal mines... what about teachers being tested as well. Experts (for lack of better term), say that driving machinery is dangerous if your weeded up so dosen't common sense say that stoned teachers should not be teaching our children. It will be interesting to see how Kanawha County sweeps this little mess away. They are darn good at "making things go away".
just wondering

United States

#11 Jan 22, 2007
Concerned Mother at Hayes wrote:
Good morning just wondering, No I didn't know that. Wow, with all the talk of drug testing in the coal mines... what about teachers being tested as well. Experts (for lack of better term), say that driving machinery is dangerous if your weeded up so dosen't common sense say that stoned teachers should not be teaching our children. It will be interesting to see how Kanawha County sweeps this little mess away. They are darn good at "making things go away".
They sure are! Her mother also works at the school. Wonder if thats who set the example?
Bothered

George Town, Cayman Islands

#12 Jan 23, 2007
If you are serious about stopping this, get the details of the incidents; time, location and who's involved. Then call the local paper. You'd be amazed about the power a nasty editorial can have. You might also call the local "News Channel". They always have a reporter who's job it is to uncover things like this. They love nothing more than exposing this type of issue. Great for ratings. You'd be surprised how fast things will change.
Concerned Mother at Hayes

AOL

#13 Jan 26, 2007
Bothered wrote:
If you are serious about stopping this, get the details of the incidents; time, location and who's involved. Then call the local paper. You'd be amazed about the power a nasty editorial can have. You might also call the local "News Channel". They always have a reporter who's job it is to uncover things like this. They love nothing more than exposing this type of issue. Great for ratings. You'd be surprised how fast things will change.
Hi Bothered, you are right but finding someone that cares enough to put their name and reputation on the line, that’s where it gets cloudy.

When I found out that my son was being bullied and beaten, then the little bully recorded the beating and then slapped the video on myspace. This incident happened at this same school, Hayes Middle school.

I called everyone from Governor Manchin to the principle at Hayes. I am not satisfied with any information they gave me.

I personally think that parents should know who the bullies are, by name. I think that there should have been a meeting scheduled to discuss this issue, with both sets of parents and the children present as well.

I did suggest this and the school administration told me that “they will handle it”.

I even called the local police and the county sheriff, they too could not get involved because “it is a school issue”, and “they can’t come in, unless the school asks them too”.

I say ridiculous, if there were a shooting or stabbing at this school, we know the police would move in on this school. My point is… violence is violence, no matter where or how it takes place.

It appears to me that every school is guilty of sweeping things under the rug. Perhaps it is due to the fact that other things may be found out as well.
Hayes

United States

#14 Jan 26, 2007
that school is a joke!
Pissed at Hayes

AOL

#15 Jan 28, 2007
Hayes wrote:
that school is a joke!
Hayes Middle School is a joke, like many other schools, the children aren't learning subjects that will enhance their future resumes.

Unfortunatly they are witnessing extremley bad behaviour and the school with Kanawh Counties BOE, don't care, the board is more concerned with their appearance and keeping the money rolling in.

I went to this school, it has always been filled with no good. Eventually this school will crash when some child is hurt or killed. There will be a life taken, the bullying is extreme in this school. Then the school and the BOE will not have the clout to cover and hide. Then they will be forced to do their jobs.
Concerned Mother at Hayes

AOL

#16 Jan 28, 2007
Well, well, here Hayes goes again, here is a link to a teacher at Hayes, I don't believe that this teacher actually made this place at myspace.com but, here is the link and here is an example of what those students are up to.

My opinion is: This Mr. Hereford is most likely a good teacher and so he gets harassed for it.

Another thing that upsets me is this; my own kid is making a comment about another male student needing a bra.

Now, keep in mind that my own son was bullied and beaten last year and the bully slapped the video on myspace. My son knows how it feels to be harassed and still yet; he joins in with being mean to others. I am ashamed of my son and I am calling the school and Mr. Hereford to report the site and I am reporting my son too. I am ashamed of my son. And I will not stand by and allow him to bully and to help others bully someone.

I know that my son is probably just so happy that he isn't being tormented, so he is happy that the crowd is turned away from him and on someone else but, I refuse to make excuses and now he will hopefully be punished as any other kid should be.
Here is the link: http://www.myspace.com/hereford_harry_chest
Hayes Parent

AOL

#17 Feb 2, 2007
Yes, Hayes like any other school has it's faults. But, they do have some good teachers. My kids like the school, and all schools have problems that are covered up. A lot of the blame lies on some parenting skills in our society not all parents, but some. We have some parents that are on drugs and that don't give a cramp about their kids, half the time they don't even know where their kids are or who their with or what their doing.
Concerned Mother at Hayes

AOL

#18 Feb 3, 2007
Hayes Parent wrote:
Yes, Hayes like any other school has it's faults. But, they do have some good teachers. My kids like the school, and all schools have problems that are covered up. A lot of the blame lies on some parenting skills in our society not all parents, but some. We have some parents that are on drugs and that don't give a cramp about their kids, half the time they don't even know where their kids are or who their with or what their doing.
Of course Hayes is like many other schools, of course some parents are to blame for some of the problems with these kids.

My point is, when a child is on school grounds and until they get back to their homes, the school is responsible.

When a child is at school, in a classroom, in the lunch line, the school, staff, and the board of education are responsible for what goes on in that school.

Of course some of the parents are drug users; some of the parents are alcoholics too but that does not excuse the staff of taking responsibility and doing their jobs.

Teachers sign contracts within every county, when you sign a contract this leaves you legally bound.

I too attended Hayes, constant problems from some of the most troubled children. The only time any kid received punishment was when that kid acted against a teacher, a teachers child or another staff member. Hayes has never been fair. Hayes has always been a troubled school, with some troubled children.

Hayes, just as many other schools, has many wonderful kids that want to learn but when the staff and the BOE refuse to properly punish the bad apples, and then these good kids, with good parents, get robbed. Not Fair. Hayes has always been known to be a troubled school.
former hayes student

United States

#19 Feb 5, 2007
Concerned Mother at Hayes wrote:
<quoted text>
Just Curious, every incident that arises within Hayes, the staff and the Board Of Education sweep it under the rug. The staff keep quiet so they won't be terminated.
Just look at the teachers over the years that have been employed at Hayes, that sexually abused children.
Right off the top of my head is Mr. Roger Parsons and Mr. Pauley.
The BOE of Kanawha have always covered up, they too are corrupt.
Give me a break... schools everywhere are getting out of hand. As far as Mr Parsons & Mr. Pauley, when they were there it was not out of hand like this, so at least the teachers and other staff as well as the principal & vp had it under control at that time.
hayes parent

United States

#20 Feb 5, 2007
Concerned Mother at Hayes wrote:
Well, well, here Hayes goes again, here is a link to a teacher at Hayes, I don't believe that this teacher actually made this place at myspace.com but, here is the link and here is an example of what those students are up to.
My opinion is: This Mr. Hereford is most likely a good teacher and so he gets harassed for it.
Another thing that upsets me is this; my own kid is making a comment about another male student needing a bra.
Now, keep in mind that my own son was bullied and beaten last year and the bully slapped the video on myspace. My son knows how it feels to be harassed and still yet; he joins in with being mean to others. I am ashamed of my son and I am calling the school and Mr. Hereford to report the site and I am reporting my son too. I am ashamed of my son. And I will not stand by and allow him to bully and to help others bully someone.
I know that my son is probably just so happy that he isn't being tormented, so he is happy that the crowd is turned away from him and on someone else but, I refuse to make excuses and now he will hopefully be punished as any other kid should be.
Here is the link: http://www.myspace.com/hereford_harry_chest
Please be advised Mr. Hereford is totally innocent, some "FUNNY" students created this myspace and Mr. M(princial) has been notified and promises to get to the bottom of this.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Albans Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
JW Stevenson 5 hr bobbymc 1
Guys from Plenty of Fish (Jul '09) 8 hr Catoutofthebag 162
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 10 hr Inquiring 4,317
POrnstar from SA? (Apr '14) 20 hr Danny 14
Susan the red nosed mudshark Thu True 3
Jameson Edwards post Dec 13 Fku 5
Shaylah Totten ... (Mar '14) Dec 13 Whoops 4

St. Albans Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

St. Albans Mortgages