Autism rates may be higher than thoug...

Autism rates may be higher than thought, study shows

There are 39 comments on the The York Daily Record story from May 9, 2011, titled Autism rates may be higher than thought, study shows. In it, The York Daily Record reports that:

The incidence of autism may be much higher than previously thought in the United States and elsewhere in the world, according to a rigorous, comprehensive study of the condition conducted in South Korea, researchers reported Monday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The York Daily Record.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Ross Coe

Winnipeg, Canada

#21 May 9, 2011
garbage science
Old Fart

York, PA

#22 May 9, 2011
In the day, we never knew of the word AUTISM! What most of these kids NEED, INCLUDING their parents, is a good swift kick in the a##! That will bring both parties around. The monies spent by school districts on this bull#hit is ridiculous

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#23 May 9, 2011
For one thing, this study isn't about the Amish. No one said the Amish are more prone to autism, but they are more prone to genetic disorders that are deadly due to their long blood line and inter-marriages. It could be they are less prone to autism due to their genetics. It's really too bad Olmsted didn't go further in his bogus reporting. It isn't about vaccines, either yet anyone can go look at their vaccine schedule.
FBOMBER

Winnipeg, Canada

#24 May 9, 2011
Old Fart wrote:
In the day, we never knew of the word AUTISM! What most of these kids NEED, INCLUDING their parents, is a good swift kick in the a##! That will bring both parties around. The monies spent by school districts on this bull#hit is ridiculous
Thanks for clarifying that you are a joke and you know F-All
FBOMBER

Winnipeg, Canada

#25 May 9, 2011
friend wrote:
For one thing, this study isn't about the Amish. No one said the Amish are more prone to autism, but they are more prone to genetic disorders that are deadly due to their long blood line and inter-marriages. It could be they are less prone to autism due to their genetics. It's really too bad Olmsted didn't go further in his bogus reporting. It isn't about vaccines, either yet anyone can go look at their vaccine schedule.
The Korean Amish
Sam

Lévis, Canada

#26 May 9, 2011
The community here is infected with autism. Not mild forms but regressive and toddlers not talking or anything.

I believe they are forcing their vaccine policy by dissipating any concerns to autism epidemic rise.

Better diagnosis b.s is not enough. Now they have statements like it was much more than anticipated.

Today's psychologists could not identify none functioning toddlers as autistics, now all of sudden they are so smart that they can identify with a blink, hence contributing to autism increase.

My advice stay away from those damn vaccines. If you cant trust the agency who monitors it, why would you trust it's manufacturers.
meme

Auburn, AL

#27 May 9, 2011
shocker wrote:
I found out 12 months ago that I
am a "high functioning autistic".
Aspergers to be exact and I was 57
at the time!
Really wish I would have known 50
years ago!
I still have not yet had a diagnosis but about 20 years ago, I picked up a magazine at my sister's apartment and found an article on Autism. I read the article, put the magazine back on the table, looked at my sister and exclaimed, "I FINALLY know what is wrong with me! I am Autistic! High functioning apparantly but Autistic!" That article described me to a T. Just realizing why I was such an oddball and studying everything I have been able to study about the disorder has helped me tremendously! Still can't overcome "talking to myself" but IMO, for high functioning, atleast, diagnosis is a necessity in overcoming! My mother, out of frustration with me, used to say "I guess I should take you to the doctor and find out what is wrong with you." Unfortunately, she never did. But like you, I wish I had known many years before!
Pennsylvania

York, PA

#28 May 9, 2011
meme wrote:
<quoted text>
I still have not yet had a diagnosis but about 20 years ago, I picked up a magazine at my sister's apartment and found an article on Autism. I read the article, put the magazine back on the table, looked at my sister and exclaimed, "I FINALLY know what is wrong with me! I am Autistic! High functioning apparantly but Autistic!" That article described me to a T. Just realizing why I was such an oddball and studying everything I have been able to study about the disorder has helped me tremendously! Still can't overcome "talking to myself" but IMO, for high functioning, atleast, diagnosis is a necessity in overcoming! My mother, out of frustration with me, used to say "I guess I should take you to the doctor and find out what is wrong with you." Unfortunately, she never did. But like you, I wish I had known many years before!
I sort of found out about myself by
accident....went in for testing and it was confirmed.
Maybe you and I should start a fan club or something.
I don't know any other people like me.

Since: Dec 08

Dover, PA

#29 May 10, 2011
FBOMBER wrote:
<quoted text>
What do we know about the so-called test. There's been rumblings about tests being too inclusive. Besides, vaccines damage different people in different ways and at different levels. If the Amish are being foolish enough to vaccinate, they'll get their autistics and more. But I'm suspicious that claims the Amish are as prone to autism without being vaccinated is the typical scam used to influence public opinion, and has no proof other than "researchers say" garbage.
One of the problems in the autism community is that there are many "paid posters" who I am convinced are tools for big pharma. Their job is to hammer anyone who utters vaccination and autism in the same posting on any forum. I've seen them across the Internet!

@Friend - I think that you are one of those shills ... with a cute avatar and thousands of postings on Topix, yet no disclosure of location nor previous postings. I spend a lot of time on this paper's forum and this is the first time that I have seen a post from you!

Time to be a bit more transparent!

Location hidden

#30 May 10, 2011
Of course I must be, like you're the first anti vaxxer to accuse me of that or literally attacked me. I think they teach how to do that at Wakefake cult meetings. My cute avatar (as if yours is any better) is due to Raymond always calling me a he... it's a joke haha and as for my location, ever hear of privacy? You anti vaxxers threaten people all the time. If you have never seen any comments prior from me, that's not my problem. Anyone can go and search them, just ask Brossard, Canada. He's been going back a full year however I've been making comments since when? Guess you've been spending a lot of time in the wrong place!
None of that has anything to do with the topics, all it is, is you side tracking.
Old Fart

York, PA

#31 May 10, 2011
FBOMBER wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for clarifying that you are a joke and you know F-All
Hilarious; read YOUR posts, speakin' of KNOW F-ALL! Move south ASAP or sooner, as you brain area is frozen from sittin' on your a## on the driveway ice! Thanks for clarifying your stupidity as per being a joke and knowing absolutely nothing concerning the issue!
Raymond

Lévis, Canada

#32 May 10, 2011
FBOMBER wrote:
<quoted text>
What do we know about the so-called test. There's been rumblings about tests being too inclusive. Besides, vaccines damage different people in different ways and at different levels. If the Amish are being foolish enough to vaccinate, they'll get their autistics and more. But I'm suspicious that claims the Amish are as prone to autism without being vaccinated is the typical scam used to influence public opinion, and has no proof other than "researchers say" garbage.
I truely agree.

Vaccines have caused an autism epidemic. The number still keeps going on. But they will try to bend the truth with lies like:

Better diagnosis, change is autism label, better awareness. Honsetly they are out of excuses.

Since: Dec 08

Dover, PA

#33 May 10, 2011
friend wrote:
Of course I must be, like you're the first anti vaxxer to accuse me of that or literally attacked me. I think they teach how to do that at Wakefake cult meetings. My cute avatar (as if yours is any better) is due to Raymond always calling me a he... it's a joke haha and as for my location, ever hear of privacy? You anti vaxxers threaten people all the time. If you have never seen any comments prior from me, that's not my problem. Anyone can go and search them, just ask Brossard, Canada. He's been going back a full year however I've been making comments since when? Guess you've been spending a lot of time in the wrong place!
None of that has anything to do with the topics, all it is, is you side tracking.
Hey,
I'm a LOCAL and have NO PROBLEM with people seeing my posting history!
Check back to my initial posting. Vaccinations were only ONE of the environmental issues that I listed. How did I come to these observations ... by literally speaking with hundreds of parents of autistic children ... and connecting the dots! My initial training was as a research scientist ... and I've learned more about neurology and epidemiology than I would have ever dreamed!
Referring to me using the term anti-vaxxer confirms your status as a big pharma shill ... you've magically appeared out of nowhere with 6-shooters blazing! I'd love to see your Google Alerts settings ... especially those for autism and vaccinations!
Go back to the rock that you crawled out from under!

Location hidden

#34 May 10, 2011
You're going to embarrass yourself, PSUmba. I didn't magically appear. Search the topics sweetie. As for the rest, who cares. You are an anti vaxxer, all the signs are there in comment 29 and 33. Keep up the good work.

Back to topic. The monority were severe autism in this study, while the majority were not, never had special ed or mental health services yet they were in main stream classes. This study of course has nothing to do about vaccines.
FBOMBER

Winnipeg, Canada

#35 May 10, 2011
meme wrote:
<quoted text>
Congratulations..your a vaccine damage victim.
FBOMBER

Winnipeg, Canada

#36 May 10, 2011
Old Fart wrote:
<quoted text>
Hilarious; read YOUR posts, speakin' of KNOW F-ALL! Move south ASAP or sooner, as you brain area is frozen from sittin' on your a## on the driveway ice! Thanks for clarifying your stupidity as per being a joke and knowing absolutely nothing concerning the issue!
You may be in the running for Rant of the year. Give us some more..please?
FBOMBER

Winnipeg, Canada

#37 May 10, 2011
PSUmba wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the problems in the autism community is that there are many "paid posters" who I am convinced are tools for big pharma. Their job is to hammer anyone who utters vaccination and autism in the same posting on any forum. I've seen them across the Internet!
@Friend - I think that you are one of those shills ... with a cute avatar and thousands of postings on Topix, yet no disclosure of location nor previous postings. I spend a lot of time on this paper's forum and this is the first time that I have seen a post from you!
Time to be a bit more transparent!
friend has been on here for years unfortunately. She is the Queen of the Trolls. Go to other autism topics, she's there spreading her slanted view of truth.
Vaccines Cause Autism

Winnipeg, Canada

#38 Mar 19, 2013
1 in 50 USA

Winnipeg, Canada

#39 Mar 20, 2013
Its higher that thought alright. Coverup hasn't worked. Brace yourself, autism is coming to your vaccinated family soon.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Obama kicks off six-day European tour in Ireland (May '11) 14 hr Scotch Irish Virgin 34
News York County a Officer of the Yeara accused of a... Jul 20 Justwondering 1
News Crews respond to early morning fire (Oct '10) Jul 19 Jackie 43
News If your neighbor's house is falling apart, don'... (Mar '11) Jul 17 Theguyirepliedtoi... 52
News Lost Civil War gold in Pennsylvania woods? (Mar '08) Jul 7 General Longstreet 32
News Hanover house featured on Animal Planet's 'Haun... (Oct '10) Jul 6 Gerrard 93
Unidentified Noise in East York Jul 4 JeepGuy 3

Spry Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Spry Mortgages