Zach Witman: 'Take a second look'

Zach Witman: 'Take a second look'

There are 545 comments on the The York Daily Record story from Dec 19, 2010, titled Zach Witman: 'Take a second look'. In it, The York Daily Record reports that:

Ron and Sue Witman say they would exhume their son Gregory's body if it would help prove their other son, Zachary, was not the person who stabbed Gregory to death.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The York Daily Record.

ENOUGH is ENOUGH

York, PA

#27 Dec 19, 2010
john doe 000069 wrote:
<quoted text>They should ship you out of this country. You think they have spent a lot of money now? Just wait until he gets let out of prison and sues the crap out of Pa. Not to mention the fact that tihe liar pigs said Greg's head was almost cut off. How? Did you see the small knives they have logged in as evidence? If you can believe the liar pigs.
ENOUGH Taxpayer money has been spent on this POS, ENOUGH is ENOUGH.

"john doe 000069" you sir are another POS and should spend your remaining days in a cell next to this POS Zach and then maybe you both can become good buddies....

To the parents, sorry for your loss each way BUT I am tired of working and having my taxes taken from me for this type of thing. You want another appeal, they you pay for it from start to finish including the state's costs....
dash

York, PA

#28 Dec 19, 2010
john doe, you really have a problem with the law, must of had a few run ins with them. You should be locked up just because your stupid.
Really

Spring Grove, PA

#29 Dec 19, 2010
john doe 000069 wrote:
<quoted text>They should ship you out of this country. You think they have spent a lot of money now? Just wait until he gets let out of prison and sues the crap out of Pa. Not to mention the fact that tihe liar pigs said Greg's head was almost cut off. How? Did you see the small knives they have logged in as evidence? If you can believe the liar pigs.
WTH does the size of the knife have to do with cutting his head off? Did you ever hear of an exacto knife? Very small blade that cuts extremely well. Enough of this BS already.
think about it

Dover, PA

#30 Dec 19, 2010
Who could it be? How many weirdos travel up and down 83 in days time? It's not far from New Freedom. Research how many serial killers travel high ways, hop off, commit a murder to hop back on only to move on and commit another murder. These kind of crazy people exist. That knife would have been in pieces had it been the murder weapon. Have you ever seen how cheap they are? Maybe stabbed once-- but decapitated and over 100 stab wounds...come on people.. that knife could not be the murder weapon and withstand all that. Whether he is guilty or innocent.. if I was on a jury for this trial.. I would not be able to consciously say there is not a reasonable doubt.
BULL

York, PA

#31 Dec 19, 2010
Since day one I didn't believe Zach did it...and after reading this article I still feel that way. Just saying...
Well

York, PA

#32 Dec 19, 2010
Let's see... The feds repeal don't ask, don't tell, and extend the tax cuts. The deficit and unemployment are through the roof. There is some dude posting classified documents online and the YDR decides that the most pressing news is to rehash a 12 year old murder. Is anyone surprised that the print media continues to slide into oblivion? Anyone? Bueller...
Really

Spring Grove, PA

#33 Dec 19, 2010
think about it wrote:
Have you ever seen how cheap they are? Maybe stabbed once-- but decapitated and over 100 stab wounds...come on people.. that knife could not be the murder weapon and withstand all that.
I used to use a knife somewhat similar to that for work opening boxes. The knife had a local butcher shops logo on it. The blade isnt as thin as most would think from looking at the photo. It is VERY sharp. I am also an avid hunter. It takes me about 15 minutes on average to gut a deer. The deer on average are about 165 lbs id say. This is cutting from the anus to the sternum, all internals including the esophagus. I now use a Gerber brand knife. But when I was in my early teens I used a very small Buck knife. If I can gut a deer, removing all internals including cutting the esophagus, in 15 minutes why is it so far fetched that this kid did it? Again, this is a 165 lb animal with much larger organs in 15 minutes with similar sized knife. This guy killed his brother without a doubt!!!
bucklaika

York, PA

#34 Dec 19, 2010
If there is new evidence to present, then it should be presented. It's sad that so many people who have no personal knowledge of the crime have appointed themselves judge and jury in this case.

Innocent people have been convicted before. The system is not perfect. As an earlier poster pointed out, York County's own Ray Krone was convicted and sentenced to death for a murder he did not commit. Six people who have been sentenced to die in PA have been exonerated. 138 have been exonerated in the US. Shouldn't this be enough to give us pause?

Mistakes happen and when they do, it doesn't mean necessarily that police acted inappropriately. There is no point in accusing police because one simply doesn't like or trust them. There seems to be a rush to judgment here.

I don't see the harm in allowing new evidence to be considered. Isn't it better to be sure than to live with the possibility that there is a killer out there who could strike again?

Bring on the new evidence and the new trial! My deepest sympathies to the family for their loss.
Hanover

Hanover, PA

#35 Dec 19, 2010
He did it. The knife, although small was probably still plunging into his neck after he was dead. Let him rot in jail.
Wayne

York, PA

#36 Dec 19, 2010
If they want a retrial that badly and they're willing to pay all the expenses themselves - go ahead!

But the tax payers have paid for this once and I don't see any evidence that the court was unfair or abusive of it's power.
Chris

York, PA

#37 Dec 19, 2010
Move onward with the DNA tests, and put this all to rest. Hopefully a few traces of DNA will be found on Gregory's fingernails.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#39 Dec 19, 2010
bucklaika wrote:
If there is new evidence to present, then it should be presented. It's sad that so many people who have no personal knowledge of the crime have appointed themselves judge and jury in this case.
Innocent people have been convicted before. The system is not perfect. As an earlier poster pointed out, York County's own Ray Krone was convicted and sentenced to death for a murder he did not commit. Six people who have been sentenced to die in PA have been exonerated. 138 have been exonerated in the US. Shouldn't this be enough to give us pause?
Mistakes happen and when they do, it doesn't mean necessarily that police acted inappropriately. There is no point in accusing police because one simply doesn't like or trust them. There seems to be a rush to judgment here.
I don't see the harm in allowing new evidence to be considered. Isn't it better to be sure than to live with the possibility that there is a killer out there who could strike again?
Bring on the new evidence and the new trial! My deepest sympathies to the family for their loss.
Zack Killed his brother. If there was someone else in the house it would have been easier for them to kill Zack since he was home ALONE all day. There is proof he was on the computer minutes before his brother came home not sleeping like the family has been saying.

Why would someone that just killed someone and wanted to get away quickly stop and hide the gloves and knife under a tree?

Why hasn't there been any murders with the same description reported in the surrounding area or other states?
oh my

Shrewsbury, PA

#40 Dec 19, 2010
bucklaika wrote:
...And admit the evidence that their lawyers and excluded!
AMERICAN

Clifton Heights, PA

#41 Dec 19, 2010
GIVE IT UP....

He was FOUND GUILTY. He DID IT, and should have been put to death. Lucky for him, he was still a minor at the time.
Why wait

United States

#42 Dec 19, 2010
Hang on a second, the parents now know something not heard at thr trial. It could possibly clear their son.... After how many trials and years???? Arrest the parents and put them all out of their misery!!!
Speculation

York, PA

#43 Dec 19, 2010
There was a case, printed in the Harrisburg paper a few months ago, a some random freak trucker that would 'hunt humans'

He kills some guys wife randomly and the husband becomes the prime suspect.

Long story short, a fluke links the trucker to the killing and now he's tied to multiple murders across the east cost.

My point, while I think Zach is guilty, there is always a chance some nut job just randomly killed the kid - and not some nut job lurking in new freedom. nut jobs can be mobile.
YCisStuckinthe60 s

Saint Petersburg, FL

#44 Dec 19, 2010
I agree with Richard, great article and I personally love to read the YDR discussion boards because most of you people make me feel better about myself. I always love a good laugh and York County never seems to let me down!

I don't know if there is enough evidence for a new trial but the timeline is really subject to scrutiny. Some of the what was brought up here I forgot about or never heard and it's very interesting.

I think enough time has passed for people to get over their finger pointing and personal bias (although that might take 50 years for York County and not 10) and give him a new trial and see if a prosecutor can convince a jury 100% that he did it. I don't see that happening.
john

York, PA

#45 Dec 19, 2010
john doe 000069 wrote:
like what u have to say is intellegent! u have never said anything good. hes still guilty and all the facts still point to him.
Mac

Dover, PA

#46 Dec 19, 2010
AMERICAN wrote:
GIVE IT UP....
He was FOUND GUILTY. He DID IT, and should have been put to death. Lucky for him, he was still a minor at the time.
wow---and you represent what a GED gets! let me help you out dumb a$$---people are found guilty all the time for crimes they did not commit. In Texas, because of punk, criminal cops, many men were on death row--who are now free. This happened and is happening across the US. If there is any chance someone is not guilty, yet locked up, as a society, all steps must be made to get them released. However, by your ignorant comments, one can clearly see that you are too stupid to understand such reasoning.
pope

Hanover, PA

#48 Dec 19, 2010
Rot in jail witman and burn in hell when you die. You deserve it along with your goofy parents.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News No homicide charge yet for Red Lion man accused... (Nov '12) Aug 17 justice for Ian o... 3
News U.S. marshals arrest three fugitives from two Y... (Apr '08) Aug 3 yorksfinest 7
Family law attorney Aug 2 mia1 1
News York's bike share program vandalized in York City Jul '17 Justellnthetruth 1
News Hanover house featured on Animal Planet's 'Haun... (Oct '10) Jul '17 DeAnna Simpson 95
News 4 pregnant women with Zika confirmed in Yorka Jul '17 Rose Writes 1
News Red Lion family makes most of dog's last days Jun '17 Justellnthetruth 1

Spry Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Spry Mortgages