Phone service problems in Springville, West Valley, Boston and ...

There are 6 comments on the WIVB Buffalo story from Jul 29, 2008, titled Phone service problems in Springville, West Valley, Boston and .... In it, WIVB Buffalo reports that:

Phone service problems are causing issues for thousands of people in Springville, West Valley, Boston and Colden.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WIVB Buffalo.

CHANGE NEEDED

United States

#1 Jul 30, 2008
why wasn't the phone company there to flag this line for the contractor???? this could have been prevented...the contractor should be fined.
EMT in West Valley

Bloomfield, NY

#2 Jul 30, 2008
It would be a good idea if this ever happens again to put the fire department phone numbers on your broadcast. You announced that the information was available on your website but there was no internet in West Valley due to the outage. Thank you.
Renee Colden

Tonawanda, NY

#3 Jul 30, 2008
When I called Verizon about the outage yesterday morning they tried to tell me it was my inside service and would be charged for the repairs and the person I spoke with was quite short and rude to me.. When I called back alittle while later they just said oh yes there is a problem your service should be back around 2:00 pm. They gave no details as to what the problem was when asked. I think they need to improve their customer relations. hey should have been able to tell me that yes there was a problem due to a broken line on their end.And their reps SHOULD NOT be rude and short with customers especially when yiour polite to them!!!!
Scott

Buffalo, NY

#4 Jul 30, 2008
i am able to call out today ( wednesday 7/30) but am not able to recieve calls.
called verizon they said there was no issues with the service.
told them about the reports yesterday.
they said someone would be out monday and would charge for a service call....
Still in South Buffalo

Rochester, NY

#5 Jul 30, 2008
Bet this was Verizon.. muah ha
Still in South Buffalo

Rochester, NY

#6 Jul 30, 2008
PS. Go to TIME WARNER CABLES HOME PHONE. THEY DO NOT CHARGE FOR SERVICE CALLS AND THEY KNOW WHEN THERE ARE OUTTAGES IN THE AREA !!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
brooklyn cathi iannone former foot model now a ... 2 hr hyereee 1
News Saturday's TV Highlights and Weekend Talk: 'Atl... May 1 Tazo 1
Nelson Czora (Jul '14) Jul '14 West Valley Hotel 2
drowning in zoar valley (Jul '14) Jul '14 truth 2
Election Who do you support for State Senate in New York... (Oct '10) May '14 ACU 7
Madam Judy Keith (Mar '11) Jan '14 letting you know 7
one man beat in front of his daughter in his ow... (Mar '10) Dec '13 WHO CARES 36
More from around the web

Springville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]