Chiacchia to be Transferred to Buffal...

Chiacchia to be Transferred to Buffalo Thursday

There are 19 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Apr 2, 2008, titled Chiacchia to be Transferred to Buffalo Thursday. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

Injured Olympic equestrian Darren Chiacchia will be moved to a Buffalo hospital Thursday to begin the next stage of his rehab, three weeks since sustaining severe head, rib and lung injuries after falling off ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

Leigha

Caneadea, NY

#1 Apr 2, 2008
That is GREAT news!
Obviously

Windham, ME

#2 Apr 2, 2008
Many prayers!
Are you serious

Washington, DC

#3 Apr 2, 2008
Who? Why is this news? C'mon wgrz...
Andy

Purchase, NY

#6 Apr 3, 2008
Darren, welcome home, we hope you get the best treatment and quickly recover 100%!
Out

Buffalo, NY

#7 Apr 3, 2008
Are you serious wrote:
I agree...
Motherof2

Jamestown, NY

#8 Apr 3, 2008
Are you serious wrote:
It is news to those who are fans of his. If you don't like it then don't read it. Some of us actually care to know how he is. The guy is from Buffalo and made it to the Olympics. His recovery IS news to some of us.
MTL777

Lancaster, NY

#9 Apr 3, 2008
Are you serious wrote:
Why even comment on this if you do not know the story? Go find something better to do with your time...
I Agree

Buffalo, NY

#10 Apr 3, 2008
I know the story and I will comment. OK the guy got injured by his horse. It could have been worse. I suffer from a neurologic disease. Guess you must have to make the news to tell people about it.
Karen S

Buffalo, NY

#11 Apr 3, 2008
Godspeed Darren.
Andy

Purchase, NY

#12 Apr 3, 2008
I Agree wrote:
I know the story and I will comment. OK the guy got injured by his horse. It could have been worse. I suffer from a neurologic disease. Guess you must have to make the news to tell people about it.
No, apparently not. You just did. I give you the same respect that I give Darren, no need to claim its just not news.
Graf Spee

Tonawanda, NY

#13 Apr 3, 2008
great i hope he recovers. however i feel bad for all the horses that he mistreated who will never recover. for shame...people should learn about the person and what they are about before they get all schmoopie on him...
mike

Arcade, NY

#14 Apr 3, 2008
you are the only person in the world with a disease my cousin is dying a slow terrible death with cancer at 40 years old, so suck it up no pity for you, GOOD LUCK ON DARRENS'S RECOVERY

ELMO

Arcade, NY

#15 Apr 3, 2008
Andy wrote:
<quoted text>
No, apparently not. You just did. I give you the same respect that I give Darren, no need to claim its just not news.
WE HALL HAVE PROBLEMS NO PITY FOR YOU GOOD LUCK DARREN ON YOUR RECOVERY, I AM A PERSONAL FRIEND OF YOUR BROTHER WISH THE FAMILY WELL
ELMO

Arcade, NY

#16 Apr 3, 2008
sorry andy that reply was meant for " i agree " not andy
Leigha

Buffalo, NY

#17 Apr 3, 2008
Welcome home, Darren
I Agree

Buffalo, NY

#18 Apr 3, 2008
ELMO wrote:
<quoted text> WE HALL HAVE PROBLEMS NO PITY FOR YOU GOOD LUCK DARREN ON YOUR RECOVERY, I AM A PERSONAL FRIEND OF YOUR BROTHER WISH THE FAMILY WELL
No pity? Then why are you commenting to Darren. At least he can recover. It might take a while, but I never will. Pity is not what I want. All I mean is that it's a shame that he will have to struggle.
Paula

Buffalo, NY

#19 Apr 3, 2008
I wish nothing but the best for a speedy recovery for Darren. Get well soon.
jane sarasota florida

Parrish, FL

#20 Apr 3, 2008
WOW....and i thought the comments from the florida readers were ignorant...since when does wishing an accomplished athlete a healthy fast recovery mean we are discounting the hard times of the rest of humanity!!! UGGHH!! and how can someone be so uninformed as to say any of Darrens horses are abused. these horses are given the utmost care and respect that they deserve as the athletes they are. horse and rider are a team, no true equestrian would ever give less than 100% for their horses. i am embarrassed for those of you to self absorbed to wish another human being well...shame on you! Darren..I wish you the best in your recovery!!!
Lori

Buffalo, NY

#22 Apr 4, 2008
rick snowden tally ho wrote:
darren if things dont work out for you back in the ring, call me at the tally ho you'd be a great attraction to my clubs. along with joe mesi, anthony capozzi and the pastor from ohio.
WHAT? This is the most ridiculous comment ever. Why would you ever pick on Anthony Capozzi? There is no place on this message board for comments like this. If you don't have anything nice to say about the topic,then you should keep your comments to yourself.
Good luck to you Darren in your recovery!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anybody know Aug 20 help 1
News Brooklyn pols express alarm about Puerto Rican ... Aug 20 help phila 3
News NY subway tiles with Confederate flag look to b... Aug 19 america sks 1
she is a FaceBook Super Stalker funny i had no ... Aug 18 picture this 2
impeach krebs May '17 Greensky 1
What's being built next to the Communty Bank? Apr '17 Brokenarrow 1
Ames Apr '17 Ed m 1

Springville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance