Incumbents out

Incumbents out

There are 20 comments on the Weatherford Democrat story from May 14, 2011, titled Incumbents out. In it, Weatherford Democrat reports that:

Two new council members were selected to serve on the Weatherford city council Saturday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Weatherford Democrat.

local lady

Dallas, TX

#1 May 15, 2011
Well, now it is plain to see how one self-serving ego ridden person can interfere with a non-partison city election using the postion of political party chair. The level of intent to control an election to serve a personal agenda is shocking to observe. Voting your unpressured choice is something everyone is intitled to in our democratic world. That privilege and freedom has been paid for by the lifeblood of those who proudly serve in our armed forces. Using money and a selfish agenda to influence those whom seem to be serious "wanta Bees"places those freedoms at grave risk. It reminds one of a flock of sheep who will follow one messed up thinking old ewe over a cliff without thinking for theirselves at all. This is an old song in our town. How long will the larger silent majority put up with this unfair state of affairs in our city? the economy and gas prices are bad enough for most all of us. Why meekly put up with the self-appointed well to do communtiy "leaders" who feel entitled to control your daily lives. Take the time to find out what the complete facts are behind this latest election in your town and who will serve you with honor and accountability. Funny thing about public record it is available to all who will look.
say what

Dallas, TX

#2 May 15, 2011
What I do know is that someone said our PARKER COUNTY REPUBLICAN CHAIR was BUSTED IN THE COURTHOUSE ANNEX ELECTIONEERING AND KICKED OUT of the building during early voting. Hmmmm makes me wonder if that's fair. Course I don't claim to know anythign cept what I hear.... I can't say its the truth confirmed, but its what I heard. So I thought I would share.
Say What

Dallas, TX

#4 May 15, 2011
All I can say is wat I herd. I don't no if its true or not. But I am not a big voter or anything. I just herd some fellas discussing it and thought someone needed to bring it up.
who are you

Dallas, TX

#5 May 15, 2011
What fellas? Where did you hear this information from? I live here in Weatherford and hear a lot of things about many people. I am very interested in this election. It was kind of crazy! They made the people who were good guys seem bad, bad guys seem good. Its so hard to tell there were so many lies and rumors floating around.
Lives in Weatherford

Dallas, TX

#6 May 15, 2011
Well I live in Weatherford to and am concerned over what is going on out on Fort Worth Highway! Why did they suddenly raise the taxes on my property so much? Then they were saying they were going to ticket everyone that lives on that section of town until they can't pay their tickets and then they can just take the property away from you. Is that true? I have heard this and am concerned! Don't the city care about the people who live out on Fort Worth Hwy?
Say What

Dallas, TX

#7 May 15, 2011
Why should they be concerned with you? Why should I be concerned with you? I am just saying what I heard. That the same person that was caught electioneering ALSO had a convicted felon on her board at the bank and knew it and let him steal money from customers. She seems to want to hang around convicted felons is what I hear.
who are you

Dallas, TX

#8 May 15, 2011
Where do you seem to get all this juicy information from? I live in Weatherford and really just want some answers. Like I said I heard so many lies and rumors how do I know what is true and isn't???
interesting thought

Dallas, TX

#9 May 15, 2011
Well maybe someone will give me some stright answers on here. That would be great! I don't want a convicted felon serving on anything! That's for sure! I don't need my property stolen out from under me because I can't pay a bill!!
Weatherford resident

Irving, TX

#10 May 16, 2011
I think the right two people won. That is my personal opinion and I am glad that we all have the freedom to vote the way we feel comfortable with. As far as the rumors about the political party chair...they are just that, RUMORS, until you show proof it happened. I hate gossip. If you don't know it to be true then don't repeat it!!
Weatherford resident too

Dallas, TX

#11 May 16, 2011
I disagree with you. I think the two who were voted in were the WRONG ONES. BUT AS YOU STATED ITS YOUR OPINION. Wow, the chair of parker county was caught electioneering???!! That's not out of the realm of possiblities knowing they way she operates. Pure ugliness and hatred is what she does each and every election. It is to the point where she is running this town and anyone who fights her or goes against here gets slapped. So do explain how that is "comfortable" please??
Interesting Thought

Dallas, TX

#12 May 16, 2011
Why would they suddenly want to TAKE MY PROPERTY ON FORT WORTH HIGHWAY???!!! Are they going to do my property and take it away like they did for that crazy football stadum in ARLINGTON? That's just not right to take away things I have had in my family for generations by someone who was not born and raised here! Who are these crazy new people who want to take over Weatherford??? All they want is money and they don't care!!
say what

Dallas, TX

#13 May 16, 2011
Well all I got to say is just look around and listen to that crazy lady who runs the bank. She took my friends money from him and all he had and she nailed his coffin shut sure as I am sitting here. Why did she jus let that crazy man in her bank who had no business being there in the first place jus steal people money??????!!! Now she is caught in the courthouse annex during early voting with election material handing it out? I am retired and go to the donut shops in the morning and hear stuff about her all the time! This is not the first time I have heard about her either.
who are you

Dallas, TX

#14 May 16, 2011
Well I am still trying to go through all the things I am reading here. I don't want to believe it, but I did some checking and found what say what may have some basis. I don't think I will vote for her again. I want to know why she would be in the courthouse annex with election material?
local lady

Plano, TX

#15 May 17, 2011
Wow, that Republican Chair sounds like a real stinker. The Republican Party needs to take a real hard look at all the embarassment that the Party is incurring and find a new leader before more damage is done. I hear she has a group of followers who will do her bidding regardless of what she tells them to do. There are always "wanna Bees" willing to lick the boots of the spoiled overburdened with money and over impressed with themselves elitist.
wowee

Dallas, TX

#16 May 20, 2011
DURING THE 09 City ELECTION the Parker County Republican Chair WAS CAUGHT RED HANDED INSIDE THE COURTHOUSE ANNEX ELLECTIONEERING by a Poll Watcher, during early voting. SHE WAS KICKED OUT UNTIL ELECTION DAY. Makes one wonder what else she does that's illegal!!
peaches

Dallas, TX

#17 May 22, 2011
The blame lies with the folks tasked with guarding the public's interest who allow a spoiled rich woman to use her daddys money and interest in the First National Bank to bully and threaten to get her way. oppose her and the justice system is used by her to attack you. She enjoys the limelite so much. If you look at public record and see the amounts of money she is willing to spend to gain control of organizations and people the truth will pop you between the eyes. Wake up and smell the stink and refuse to play her nasty little games.
Miss Marple

Melissa, TX

#18 Jun 15, 2011
Well, the new blood is on the council. They are not displaying anything except to go along with the other rubber stamps in their voting. What will be fun is to watch what happens when the republican chair collects the dues they owe her. She bought a paid for both new quys for bargin basement prices. Never fear she will call the debts due. Then the fun will begin for sure. She is really nasty when crossed or questioned.
please read

Dallas, TX

#19 Aug 30, 2011
lol
wow iii

Dallas, TX

#21 Sep 1, 2011
YES!!!!
eye in the sky

Dallas, TX

#22 Sep 2, 2011
Yes, My Queen. Please don't pull your support. I'll do what you want!!!! Count on me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springtown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Precinct 1 propositions Nov 29 Texan 6
oppression by corrupt mayor police Nov 5 PUBLIC HEALTH AND... 2
Carman D. Miller Nov 3 Donnie 1
Ken (Fish) Wrinkle is running for Mayor (Mar '16) Oct '16 Unnamed 9
Shots fired in Pelican Bay(Azle,Tx) (Jan '09) Oct '16 Delgato 32
Reno Council Oct '16 Texan 38
News Why Spanking High-School Students Is Dangerous (Oct '12) Jul '16 Pubic Hair Itchy ... 2

Springtown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Springtown Mortgages