5-time DWI sentenced

Dec 24, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Weatherford Democrat

A five-time drunken driver with a blood alcohol concentration more than three times the legal limit was sentenced to eight years in prison by a Parker County judge in a trial held this week in Weatherford.

Comments
1 - 20 of 24 Comments Last updated May 19, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Great Depression

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2009

Judged:

It only took the 5th time! Good riddens shit-bag!
lawless N texas

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2009

Judged:

Wow! 8 years for 5-time offender. Texas you need some damn stiffer laws.
Southlake

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2010

Wow! Maybe he will learn now!
Scarfy

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2010

5 times? Nope, he ain't learned his lesson. I volunteer at a food bank, where many have to serve community service, met a lot of people an heard their stories as to why they are there. Some of them are pretty sad, to say the least, and some of them infuriate me. One guy, who got 400 hours of CS was there because of his 5th conviction for DUI. On his 4th conviction, he served 9 months in the pen, but on his 5th, he got 8 years probation. You would THINK he would have at least got several more years in prison, but it's all about the $$$ and the lawyer you hire. At least this guy now rides a bicycle
Robin L Friedel

Fowler, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2010

WOW !It took 5 times to send him to prison?! How scarey is that? Take his license away permanetly!We seriously need more strict laws and severe penalties as well as some new judges with brains!
Robin L Friedel

Fowler, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2010

oops typo permanently.Sorry folks but my keyboard has some messed up keys and My brain is in a fog today LOL
Blowin the Scale

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2010

It upsets all of us when it takes five times to send the A--H--E to prison, How fast would it take if he killed someone,a small child ,wife,son mother, policeman, fire fighter, judge ? what does it take. Sounds like arizona and the immagrants.
Where is the Justice

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2010

I know that there are people out there that think locking people up in prison with a disese is a cure. Well Im here to tell you. I am going through a battle with my fiance. He is a Christian man who unfortunatly is addicted to alchol. He spent time in prison for DWI's that date back to 90's. Prison offered him SaFeP. which is taught by prisoners. He has just got his 8th DWI In Parker County and was sentenced to 35 years. He never had a wreck, killed anyone but got 35 yrs. He has been in rehab for over a year and has finally admited he is an alcholic. He was paying an addiction counselor taking anabuse and the prosecutors could only bring up his past. His counselor was an expert witness for him and guaranteed the Judge this man will not drink again. He was willing to pay for the SCRAM monitor, Have his liscene revoked take the medication anabuse and continue to pay for and see his counselor. He knew he was looking at more time ...not 35 yrs. How is this Justice. This lady has 5 DWI's, killed someone had a wreck and only got 8 yrs. He has admitted he is an alcholic and wants help. Texas sends him away to prison to work for free and coste the tax payers 35,000.00 a year. He could serve time and be out with the monitor and at least be a productive citizen and pay child support. The Parole Board needs to look at the people who could be treated on the outside and be monitored to free up space in the over crowded prisons.
WowUmmmYea

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2010

Perhaps he should have thought of all these plans along about the time he got the 1st one?
egret25

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2010

Where is the Justice wrote:
I know that there are people out there that think locking people up in prison with a disese is a cure. Well Im here to tell you. I am going through a battle with my fiance. He is a Christian man who unfortunatly is addicted to alchol. He spent time in prison for DWI's that date back to 90's. Prison offered him SaFeP. which is taught by prisoners. He has just got his 8th DWI In Parker County and was sentenced to 35 years. He never had a wreck, killed anyone but got 35 yrs. He has been in rehab for over a year and has finally admited he is an alcholic. He was paying an addiction counselor taking anabuse and the prosecutors could only bring up his past. His counselor was an expert witness for him and guaranteed the Judge this man will not drink again. He was willing to pay for the SCRAM monitor, Have his liscene revoked take the medication anabuse and continue to pay for and see his counselor. He knew he was looking at more time ...not 35 yrs. How is this Justice. This lady has 5 DWI's, killed someone had a wreck and only got 8 yrs. He has admitted he is an alcholic and wants help. Texas sends him away to prison to work for free and coste the tax payers 35,000.00 a year. He could serve time and be out with the monitor and at least be a productive citizen and pay child support. The Parole Board needs to look at the people who could be treated on the outside and be monitored to free up space in the over crowded prisons.
8DWIs and your surprized he got 35 yrs. Wow!You mean no wrecks yet that just means people have been lucky since the 90s that he hasnt hit them. After 2 decades and 8 DWIs it doesnt sound like he got serious till they smacked him with significant time.After all what he did was a crime.
amazed

Weatherford, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2010

What's really sad is this lady had been receiving treatment in an in-patient facility for two years. She went two years sober. Before that she was on medicine to help her not drink; she would drink even though it made her sick. When she couldn't drive, she would walk to get more alcohol. Not to excuse her behavior, but she had horrible things happen to her when she was younger and never got help. Her son refused to have anything to do with her because of her drinking, even after 2 years of rehab. That's how bad she was....although I felt bad for her....I am glad she is behind bars, I just wish it was for longer. She will drink and drive when she gets out...she will kill someone again (she accidentally shot her roomate because she was so drunk)....she is so sick she will never get better. I do not ever want her driving on my streets again!
JIT

Lipan, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2010

The United States can only have one law. It has to be either black or white. Right or wrong. There's no justice in that. Those that receive it are very lucky. We choose the life we live. And we live by the standards and laws placed before us. It's part of being an American citizen. I grieve for those that have lost loved ones, or who are suffering now or going through treatments. But drinking alcohol is a personal choice- a tangled web, that only YOU put yourself in. Not the government. Instead of talking about who gets how long in prison, or what BAC is on the dots, or what story made the news, we should be concerned of safety and health, vigilance of the world around us, and the ability to discern and make good decisions.
wowumyea

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2010

You are what they call an ENABLER HONEY. Nothing perosnal, just hard truth. Get help before its to late for you too. That is all.
concerned texan

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2011

I couldn't agree more.
Really

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2011

Judged:

Yet they let a drug using drunk like Brian Durant walk free because of daddies money
Really

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2011

Judged:

So because this guy is a christian it makes it okay? I love how people always pull tje religion crap when they defend a criminal. Where was god when he was drunk. If God were real am living he would be in prison for child abuse
joe bob

Lampasas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

All the comments on here are freakin rediculious! This is exactly why this country is so srewed up. Let me educate you all a little bit about dwi's. The VAST majority of dwi's are really no big deal. Most of the time you are being arrested for something you "might" have done, or "could have" done. NOT FOR ANYTHING you actually did, if you get a dwi.

Where is the justice in that? I mean why should someone who gets pulled over for a miner traffic violation like going 6 miles over the speed limit have to do 99 years in prison? It happens all the time.

I've met individuals who were in exactly that situation. They get pulled over for miner speeding infraction. They admit to having a few beers. after arrest the blood alcohol limit is barely over the limit. They have a couple felony dwi's already so they offer them 40 years.

They say to hell with that and take it to trial. The jury gives them 99 years. 6 miles over the speed limit and they get 99 years.

Yet some man or woman who is three times the legal limit seriously hurts, or kills someone the first time she gets a dwi and they get probation or only a couple years in jail.

MADD is a horrible organization. The founder got a dui so why isn't she behind bars for the rest of her life as an example?
mary

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

john keep jack a driver. love you always
Will

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Really wrote:
Yet they let a drug using drunk like Brian Durant walk free because of daddies money
Really?
Do you know what the court did with Durant? Do you know what the requirements of his sentence are?
Bottom line is this:
You are jealous of anyone who is successful. This makes it ok for you to be so vicious and judgemental about someone with problems just because his parents have money.
Just hope you never have issues with your children. You have less control than you think and it hurts worse than you could ever know.
Harpy.
Bully Notice

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

If you have money, you can buy "justice". "the Lady" in Parker County does not have blinders on as for a the poor and those no in the power are concerned.
They, like you are Bullies

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Springtown Discussions

Search the Springtown Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 1 hr Imperial Chicano 17,166
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 5 hr Losers 21,603
briar fd (Jul '11) 5 hr no longer exists 5
curious about travis reed (briar VFD) court cas... 5 hr curious 1
strange lights 8 hr MMN 1
Rest in Peace Loyd 16 hr Texan 1
Fence Installation (Dec '12) 17 hr Courtney Galler 4
•••
•••

Springtown News Video

•••
Springtown Dating

more search filters