Family recession

Full story: Brattleboro Reformer

In many ways, the Lyndes are a typical Vermont family. Bob, the husband and father, often works more than 40 hours a week to keep the bills under control.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 13 of13
joe

Mount Holly, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2008

anyone with a good driving record and years of trucking experinace can get a job in minutes.
joe

Mount Holly, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2008

The son should get out of VT and the northeast
john

Florence, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2008

Hold every one who voted no for drilling in Alaska an off our coast accountable/ VOTE THEM OUT /Oil would be half what it is now.Work on globalwarm as you drill/We are all hurting too, what was $70.00 a tank a wk. now $140.00. a lot of grocers. A lot of these socalled Politicians are in the Environmentalist pockets, China is drilling 50 mimiles off Florida, Russia is gearing up to drill in the Artic.
Corey

Hangzhou, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2008

In Vermont, it's almost impossible to get a good carpenter or other type of skilled laborer- they are backed up for many months or longer. Not saying it's easy for this family right now or it's their fault or anything, but there are opportunities out there- hope they can find something.
Mike

Exeter, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2008

The economy is only going to get worse unfortunately. The sooner they figure this out the better off, and less disappointed, they will be in the future.
Go forward not back

Brattleboro, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2008

joe wrote:
The son should get out of VT and the northeast
Why don't you go with him?
joe

Springfield, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2008

Go forward not back wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you go with him?
I would if I needed to find work and affordable housing, pointless for the guy to stay here if all he could find was a retail job because of liberals killing the economy in the state.
hillbilly

Wolcott, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2008

Joe's first comment says it all.
The son's story doesn't hold up. He didn't know he wasn't having education funding taken out of his check for SIX years? Also, if he's unemployed, how is he helping his parent's out? Anybody who's a vet can a job with the guv'mint fairly easily. Try the post office.
joe

Springfield, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2008

cpm = cents per mile
America is Done

Holyoke, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2008

The economy in the entire nation is done. Not just VT. But, even though in the last 20 years, conservatives were overall the majority in the three branches of government ... I'm sure when America really crashes, it will all be the LIBERALS fault right Joey? Even though more $ and political power was wielded in the past couple of decades by conservatives (do the math: Reagan, Reagan, Bush I, Clinton, Clinton, Bush II, Bush II. 5 terms to 2 just in the white house). Liberals must have *magic* powers!
joe

Springfield, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2008

America is Done wrote:
The economy in the entire nation is done. Not just VT. But, even though in the last 20 years, conservatives were overall the majority in the three branches of government ... I'm sure when America really crashes, it will all be the LIBERALS fault right Joey? Even though more $ and political power was wielded in the past couple of decades by conservatives (do the math: Reagan, Reagan, Bush I, Clinton, Clinton, Bush II, Bush II. 5 terms to 2 just in the white house). Liberals must have *magic* powers!
who controlled congress for most of the last 50 years? It wasn't until 1994 Newt took over control and he still had slick willie to put up with who left the country a total mess

Reagan has 10's of million of retiring WW2 generation people looking for their money, which the dems had blown.

what exactly was Bush 2 supposed to do in Jan 2001 when he took office and half the nation is living off government spending in one form of another ? wave a magic wand and make it all change without causing widespread pain and suffering.

as long as you OLD people are incapable of anything close to a deep thought or in total denial of what got us to this point, you people are just obsticals in the way of CHANGE.
Retired Marine Liberal

Holyoke, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2008

Oh, ok. Hard to know where the definition bar must be set for YOUR argument little boy. But then, I guess we should look back at overall control of ALL of American history.

Right? Picking how many years we count as "screwing America up" lets us define the argument. If we look at all of American history, then we KNOW whose fault it all is? If I have time I'll look up the charts.

But meanwhile, what the majority of Americans HAVE done, good or bad, to our nation IS AMERICAN! Right?

Fact is, angry boy, we are all in this together. We've all done good and bad things. And the most certainly destructive use of your energy is fighting your fellow citizens. China is quite clearly the next emerging primary superpower, India a 2nd -- and everything else is a distraction. Keep shopping at Walmart though buddy, but blaming liberals for the loss of jobs!
joe

Springfield, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2008

If I can find a parking space between all the imported cars with impeach Bush bumper stickers

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 13 of13
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Springfield Discussions

Search the Springfield Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Gay Couple Sues Vt. Town for 10 Years of Allege... Jun '14 Truth Hurts 20
Vermont legislators hear of child protection co... Jun '14 Truth Hurts 1
Review: VON Bargen's Jewelry May '14 Emma Roberts 1
Middlebury College parties Apr '14 Underage drinking 1
If the rich are getting richer, what's happenin... Apr '14 Community Disorganizer 5
Connect with all students studying at Middlebury Mar '14 Mr D 1
Corrections Officer accused of sending nude pic... Mar '14 Greenstreet 2
•••

Severe Thunderstorm Watch for Windsor County was issued at July 23 at 2:20PM EDT

•••
•••

Springfield News Video

•••
•••

Springfield Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Springfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE