BF police nab seven for drugs

BF police nab seven for drugs

There are 64 comments on the Brattleboro Reformer story from Feb 7, 2010, titled BF police nab seven for drugs. In it, Brattleboro Reformer reports that:

The local police department led an early morning raid around the village Saturday and arrested seven people on a variety of drug charges.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Brattleboro Reformer.

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#21 Feb 9, 2010
estanson wrote:
<quoted text>
gay marriage is federally illegal. If you disagree with that, get off your [email protected] **** and change the law....
[email protected] is banned from the army. If you disagree with that, get off your [email protected]*** and change the law.
but its not so easy sometimes is it?!!?
I suppose that if I was gay I would be more active in trying to change that yes. However even though I am straight, I do keep in mind such inequalities when I vote.

I am not sure what this has to do with getting some drug-dealing scum off the street. Keep looking over your shoulder when you light-up there sparky.
nygrump

New York, NY

#22 Feb 9, 2010
I'd just like to mention to all the law and order folks marijuana laws were made by appointed officials, not by the citizens in a vote.
dumb

Bellows Falls, VT

#23 Feb 9, 2010
grump thats bull, if there were a majority for pot being legal it would be, theres not half as many pot heads as you would like to think although i am surprised at some i have found to use it from time to time
Joe

Cuttingsville, VT

#24 Feb 9, 2010
The majority of people aren't drunks either and many would give it up casual drinking for the greater good of society so the drunks couldn't get it. Mob rule and most people thinking doing away with booze was a good idea changed their minds after seeing the results of it being illegal.
marijuana

Westland, MI

#25 Feb 9, 2010
marijuana????? Your kidding m right?? You wasted my tax dollars that I work hard for to do this? Cocaine, heroine, I am behind you 100%, but marijuana!!!!!!!! Stop wasting my tax ollars and get the real bad guys. This is a waste of tax dollars and court time that could be used for more pressing issues.
marijuana

Westland, MI

#26 Feb 9, 2010
jway wrote:
<quoted text> I just happened to see a documentary on pot on the history channel . They now say POT is additive, I have some friends that smoke on a reg basis one doesn't seem to bother him if he has it or not the other two you cant stand to be around if they run out of pot. Now they have there children smoking it.They have passed up better jobs or lost jobs because of pot. None of the children have graduated high school.But I keep hearing/ I THINK MORE CLEARLY AN DO MY BEST WORK WHEN HIGH/Sounds like an alcoholic. Two of my good friends that we experimented with pot in the 1970 have gone on to try for a higher buzz. Well they are gone as the both over dosed on coke an died.
Thats crap! I saw the documentary on pot, Get your facts straight.
dumb

Bellows Falls, VT

#27 Feb 9, 2010
the bottom line is that its against the law, there has to be a line somewhere and the law must be kept,no ifs ands or buts, if thats not done then our whole system has failed, wich i think is prety close to what is happening with so many twisting the law and the constitution and coruption from money, meaning such as the oj case, any one of us who are living near poverty level would have been in prison after the second month of court if not sooner, so is it equal justice ? that is the question. where do we draw the line???
here we go

Chesterfield, MO

#28 Feb 10, 2010
How can you argue with facts like these. here is a thought, before you post something get the real facts. Someone turned these guys in and in turn they may turn some in and so on. Matter of fact there are more arrests coming. And it took one department...
here we go

Chesterfield, MO

#29 Feb 10, 2010
4 months the other departments helped with the warrants for free. The police do that. And yes the ratio should be 3 cops to one person arrested. Its how they are trained. I am sure there will be more.
here we go

Chesterfield, MO

#30 Feb 10, 2010
hey they gotta start somewhere....so lets support them. Lets help them is all im saying and get the village back!
Todd

Newfane, VT

#31 Feb 10, 2010
jway wrote:
<quoted text> Eetanson, What is the cost,for this country's drug addiction, its youth, the future of our society in this country.
Thank goodness they got these potheads before someone overdosed on marijuana!
Idiot!
Todd

Newfane, VT

#32 Feb 10, 2010
Vermont citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
I suppose that if I was gay I would be more active in trying to change that yes. However even though I am straight, I do keep in mind such inequalities when I vote.
I am not sure what this has to do with getting some drug-dealing scum off the street. Keep looking over your shoulder when you light-up there sparky.
First of all, marijuana is an herb - not a drug. Spend tax dollars getting rid of meth, which is one of the most dangerous drugs and too easily available. Go after coke & heroin, not waste money and jail/prison space on a naturally grown herb.
dumb

Bellows Falls, VT

#33 Feb 10, 2010
good deal todd why dont you go try some aesnic its all natural to , so is opium and many other things that are illegal,get it?? ILLEGAL thats it no ifs ands or butts , the laws the law ,abide by it and no problem,if you dont then dont cry when someone gets nabbed.
F- BFPD

Bellows Falls, VT

#34 Feb 10, 2010
I totally agree with cracking down on drugs regardless if they are an herb or much worse like heroin its illegal either way. I mean the punishment should fit the crime though. Doesn't anyone out there find it a little fishy that drugs have been a problem for a while yet the cops only find the time to actually do something about it when their precious budget is under the radar by the trustees. Scott Falzo is dead on when he says we need to cut that budget. These cops are useless until their department looks like its going to take a hit. It shouldnt take Scott Falzo threatening them, to motivate them to get off their lazy #####.
Todd

Newfane, VT

#35 Feb 10, 2010
dumb wrote:
good deal todd why dont you go try some aesnic its all natural to , so is opium and many other things that are illegal,get it?? ILLEGAL thats it no ifs ands or butts , the laws the law ,abide by it and no problem,if you dont then dont cry when someone gets nabbed.

Then by your argument Arsenic should be illegal? Opium, in the natural state, is relatively harmless. The opium used for illegal trade has to be processed for consumption. Marijuana is a natural herb which requires no processing. Granted it is now illegal but only because of agendas of greed. Perhaps you should research the reality of such herbs. By your arguments, such herbs as catnip should be illegal as well.
Currently alcohol, tobacco & caffeine are not only legal but openly sold. Alcohol & tobacco will not become illegal, even though the deaths from the pair exceed a million a year in the US (not to mention the rest of the world) because it is taxed. Lets take a look at Acetaminophen (Tylenol), which is a NSAID. NSAIDs side effects result in 200,000 hospitalizations and 20,000 deaths annually on the USA alone. Tylenol kills more people every year than does cocaine. It is not only legal but also in liquid form for CHILDREN!

My point: the State, or those empowered by the State, should be using their resources on more important factors, like the most dangerous Meth as well as heroin & coke. I-91 brings loads of illegal substances into our state and the recently revised Amtrak route will magnify that. Instead of making marijuana sound like a dangerous killer drug, we should be going after those which actually are dangerous and deadly.

Did you know arsenic is used in animal feed as a method of disease prevention and growth stimulation? A good example is Roxarsone, which is used in broiler starter and growers. It is also used in pig feed. Yes, of course it is passed on to those who eat the meat. Know also that the manure is used for crops for both animal & human consumption. Whereas animals fed hemp or marijuana seeds do better and are healthier. Song birds sing more because of the health benefits. Hempseed & marijuana seed oil is one of the most, if not the most, beneficial oils for humans.

It is not only time to change the laws but past due time to apply our honest efforts to the REAL problems in our society. Go after the hard stuff and stop wasting our resources and prison space with such nonsense. The State of Vermont Corrections budget is $130 million a year, how much of this is because of marijuana? Marijuana being illegal has no validity whatsoever.
dumb

Bellows Falls, VT

#36 Feb 10, 2010
Marijuana is ilegal and thats it and it is a drug if smoked and limits your vision and your sences i have tried it and know i couldnt function and had to lie down for the room was spinning out of control and i ended up puking, i dont need that stuff i decided there and then, so dont tell me it is harmless

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#37 Feb 10, 2010
dumb wrote:
Marijuana is ilegal and thats it and it is a drug if smoked and limits your vision and your sences i have tried it and know i couldnt function and had to lie down for the room was spinning out of control and i ended up puking, i dont need that stuff i decided there and then, so dont tell me it is harmless
"Pabst Blue Ribbon is illegal, and that's it. It is a drug when you drink it, it limits your vision and your senses - I have tried it, I know. I couldn't function and had to lie down because the room was spinning out of control. I ended up puking. I don't need that stuff, I decided there and then, so don't tell me it's harmless!"

Does it really make sense to spend money prosecuting people for using a drug that is no more harmless than other legal substances?
Al Cappone

Rochester, VT

#38 Feb 10, 2010
Where are all the big bust Ron Lake promised us 1 year ago.I bet you could go to the High School and get more then he did this past weekend. Lets gets the hardcore drugs off our streets. This would be better use of our money.But I know its budget time and they need to look good. We need a new chief who can lead.
Cloe

Newfane, VT

#39 Feb 10, 2010
dumb wrote:
LOL
If it made YOU puke then it definitely should be illegal.
Reading your posts I doubt it was marijuana that made you dysfunctional, likely it was the pot that made you aware of it. And I will tell you that compared to many legal substances marijuana certainly is harmless.
Big Buyer

Bellows Falls, VT

#40 Feb 10, 2010
here we go wrote:
4 months the other departments helped with the warrants for free. The police do that. And yes the ratio should be 3 cops to one person arrested. Its how they are trained. I am sure there will be more.
You really know your stuff dont you, then answer this question Why was there five cops to arrest one person during this bust and you are telling me that these cops are coming into Bellows Falls at 5:00 a.m. on Saturday morning and its not costing me a penny, prove it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Habitual offender gets 15-24 months in jail (Aug '09) Jun 14 Light For All 8
News Vermont State Police searching for escaped sex ... Jun 14 Elmer 5
News Corrections Officer accused of sending nude pic... (Feb '14) May '16 Cheddar Cheese 4
News Two arraigned in I-91 heroin bust (Oct '14) May '16 Anonymous 9
Cory Oldroyd Mareiot Motel L op ser Apr '16 Marriott 1
Middlebury VT Marriott married man having affair Jan '16 Disgusting 1
News Driving the gauntlet Town along Route 4 collect... (Nov '09) Jan '16 Notgoingfast 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Springfield Mortgages