Armed robbery suspect held without bail

Full story: Brattleboro Reformer

A homeless man living in Brattleboro was held without bail after allegedly robbing a local store at knife-point Sunday afternoon.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 10 of10
flat lander

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2010

another poor child falls into crime in Brattleboro. How can that be?
Chew on This

Danby, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2010

Lock him up and throw away the key
Sherry

Midland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2010

This guy is still running around with a child,why? What are they going do,make him blow and be out with his kid again,HOMELESS. Give me a break! He has all these charges and they still let him have his kid. Gotta love VT. The land of the crunch me's
Tim

Brattleboro, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2010

Great work BPD!
sbi

Kalispell, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2010

i'm not sure why we can't just put this rabid dog to sleep.
Annoyed

Gloversville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2010

Our ever-expanding low and no income housing combined with treatment at the Brattleboro Retreat continues to pull a new breed of local citizen from the worst of the worst in Springfield, Holyoke, New Haven, etc.

Drug addicted felons really like that we have new clean apartments and we keep building more. They like that our court system in Vermont is lenient and does not hold people accountable. They like that drugs are plentiful.

I absolutely believe that low income housing is a crucial service, but if we keep building they will keep coming. I absolutely believe in innocent until proven guilty, but I also believe that repeat offenders need to be punished accordingly.

Vermonts problem of diminishing population will only get worse if we keep attracting non-taxpayers to burden the system further.
Joe

Chester, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2010

Annoyed wrote:
Our ever-expanding low and no income housing combined with treatment at the Brattleboro Retreat continues to pull a new breed of local citizen from the worst of the worst in Springfield, Holyoke, New Haven, etc.
Drug addicted felons really like that we have new clean apartments and we keep building more. They like that our court system in Vermont is lenient and does not hold people accountable. They like that drugs are plentiful.
I absolutely believe that low income housing is a crucial service, but if we keep building they will keep coming. I absolutely believe in innocent until proven guilty, but I also believe that repeat offenders need to be punished accordingly.
Vermonts problem of diminishing population will only get worse if we keep attracting non-taxpayers to burden the system further.
the baby machines are rewarded for pumping out babies with government handouts and their so called men can mooch off the system by free loading off their girls once they become low income victims with children.

The only way to break the system is to change the system and stop paying section 8 rent assistance and build dorm & barrack type places that have curfews and house rules so life ain't so confy for the girls and their so called men by putting the baby machines & their children in dorms or barracks if they break the house rules if their men don't support them without government assistance and have curfews so the girls have no life besides being mothers to their children and don't allow men to visit them and their children except during visiting hours which doesn't include going to their rooms to be alone with their visitors.
flat lander

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2010

Joe how mean of you wanting these people to be responsible and pay their own way. Joe you must have a job and are selfish. How can this be?
Joe

Chester, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2010

flat lander wrote:
Joe how mean of you wanting these people to be responsible and pay their own way. Joe you must have a job and are selfish. How can this be?
mine, mine, all mine and I flunked sharing 101 when it only involves sharing the income, not the work load.
deadbeats

Bethel, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2010

This piece of s**t was let out of jail because the jail couldn't give him the treatment he needed for some form of cancer he had. I believe that he is getting a free ride from the state,because he has cancer. I guess this gives him a free pass to rob, cheat, and steal from anybody. My father has had a couple bouts with cancer, one with his larynx and one with colon. He is in his early seventies and has never taken anything from anyone. (He also works two jobs). I hope the judge doesn't get played by the pity party of this guy. Let him rot there, keep the streets safe.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 10 of10
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Springfield Discussions

Search the Springfield Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Middlebury College parties Apr 12 Underage drinking 1
If the rich are getting richer, what's happenin... Apr 5 Community Disorganizer 5
Gay Couple Sues Vt. Town for 10 Years of Allege... Mar '14 Gremlin 19
Connect with all students studying at Middlebury Mar '14 Mr D 1
Corrections Officer accused of sending nude pic... Mar '14 Greenstreet 2
Driving the gauntlet Town along Route 4 collect... (Nov '09) Feb '14 OldVTer 2
Drunk women Jan '14 Madd 1
•••

Flood Warning for Windsor County was issued at April 16 at 6:10AM EDT

•••
•••

Springfield News Video

•••
•••