Biker flees N.H. police into Vt.

Biker flees N.H. police into Vt.

There are 6 comments on the Brattleboro Reformer story from Sep 23, 2009, titled Biker flees N.H. police into Vt.. In it, Brattleboro Reformer reports that:

A Vermont man is accused of alluding New Hampshire police along Route 9 and crossing statelines before he was apprehended Monday afternoon.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Brattleboro Reformer.

Rich

South Burlington, VT

#1 Sep 23, 2009
I'm pretty sure that it's no crime, either in Vermont or New Hampshire, to "allude" the police. The real crime is against grammar, so you guys better look out, you might be arrested.
P.S. That last sentence was an allusion to the police. Don't tell.
Kenneth

Auburn, MA

#2 Sep 23, 2009
" A Vermont man is accused of alluding New Hampshire police along Route 9 and crossing statelines before he was apprehended Monday afternoon. "

"alluding"? "statelines"? Please tell me your copy editors caught these before the press time.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#3 Sep 23, 2009
Grammar sure can be allusive.
Brattleboro Tax Payer

United States

#4 Sep 23, 2009
I'm surprised the editor of this paper remembers to put his pants on before leaving the house.
Oh wait... I don't think that's a crime in Vermont, and my allusion to that possibility will likely not go unnoticed.(See how I cleverly referred to their grammatical gaffe by using a subtle, but humorous anecdote?)

Since: Jul 08

Wallingford, CT

#5 Sep 25, 2009
It's a Singleton paper. All they care about is fattening the bottom line.
Brattleboro Tax Payer wrote:
I'm surprised the editor of this paper remembers to put his pants on before leaving the house.
Oh wait... I don't think that's a crime in Vermont, and my allusion to that possibility will likely not go unnoticed.(See how I cleverly referred to their grammatical gaffe by using a subtle, but humorous anecdote?)
New Clear Waste

Brattleboro, VT

#6 Sep 25, 2009
Maybe the Reformer should put the proper tools in the hands of its writers & proofreaders. I'm eluding to a thesaurus, of course.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Corrections Officer accused of sending nude pic... (Feb '14) May 23 Cheddar Cheese 4
News Two arraigned in I-91 heroin bust (Oct '14) May 12 Anonymous 9
Cory Oldroyd Mareiot Motel L op ser Apr '16 Marriott 1
Middlebury VT Marriott married man having affair Jan '16 Disgusting 1
News Driving the gauntlet Town along Route 4 collect... (Nov '09) Jan '16 Notgoingfast 3
News Woman, girl hospitalized after being hit by car... Nov '15 bill 1
Looking up past friends (Sep '15) Sep '15 Old friend 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Springfield Mortgages