Panel hears about mental health issues

Panel hears about mental health issues

There are 7 comments on the Brattleboro Reformer story from Jun 16, 2010, titled Panel hears about mental health issues. In it, Brattleboro Reformer reports that:

Vermont's mental health delivery system is broken and the Legislature has to do more to fix it, a group of Windham County professionals told lawmakers Tuesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Brattleboro Reformer.

Marisol

Bethel, VT

#1 Jun 16, 2010
If we had a better Mental Health Center in Brattleboro than HCRS, the situation wouldn't be so horrible.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#2 Jun 16, 2010
It's a shame that the mental health system ALWAYS seems broken. Everywhere.
Mike Mulligan

Roslindale, MA

#3 Jun 16, 2010
It is “Crimes Against Humanity”!
Marisol

Bethel, VT

#4 Jun 16, 2010
are you alive wrote:
It's a shame that the mental health system ALWAYS seems broken. Everywhere.
True, people complain about this everywhere. I think that most people still think of mental health with a "It's your own fault" mentality and don't really want to fund it, and as a result the set-ups we get often become a joke.
The Brattleboro Informer

Trumbull, CT

#5 Jun 16, 2010
The Retreat has been trying to be a part of the solution, and more than one person advocated for the establishment of 16 new state-sponsored beds at the Brattleboro psychiatric hospital.

Only 16 new beds, what they could use is about 1,600 for all the lunatics running around Brattleboro.
Marisol

Bethel, VT

#6 Jun 16, 2010
The Brattleboro Informer wrote:
The Retreat has been trying to be a part of the solution, and more than one person advocated for the establishment of 16 new state-sponsored beds at the Brattleboro psychiatric hospital.
Only 16 new beds, what they could use is about 1,600 for all the lunatics running around Brattleboro.
The Retreat is certainly a much better than average place for mental health, but I have heard that they are now contracting with HCRS. That's sure to create some problems with their quality.
Mandy

Roslindale, MA

#7 Jun 17, 2010
Yes the retreat has tried and they have their rules and regulations.
HCRS has their programs, but they have their rules and regulations too.
And Marisol is correct, Brattleboro needs a better facility that HCRS to deal with these issues.
Mental health is an illness too, but the majority of opinion, it is not looked at like that.
Mental health needs to be addressed and the privacy rules and regulations need to be taken serious too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hallmark Job Opportunity in Middlebury May 16 VictorOrians 1
Middlebury College Heating plant (Sep '12) Apr '17 Long Island Liberal 4
News Two arraigned in I-91 heroin bust (Oct '14) Mar '17 DEPUTY DOG 19
News Springfield man accused of fatally stabbing gir... Mar '17 THE NEW ROAD 1
Middlebury College parties (Apr '14) Mar '17 dong 2
Quick Open the Safe Spaces Mar '17 Long Island Liberal 1
News Driving the gauntlet Town along Route 4 collect... (Nov '09) Feb '17 DocHoliday 4

Springfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Springfield Mortgages