Athens man dies after fall from truck

Athens man dies after fall from truck

There are 15 comments on the Brattleboro Reformer story from Jul 12, 2010, titled Athens man dies after fall from truck. In it, Brattleboro Reformer reports that:

An Athens man has died after falling out of a pickup truck driven by a driver who was charged with drunken driving early Saturday morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Brattleboro Reformer.

I Vote Vermont

Enfield, NH

#1 Jul 12, 2010
"seeking the identities of two other passengers who apparently fled following the accident. As of 5 p.m. on Sunday, police have not identified the other occupants

Nice friends.
Anonymous

Turners Falls, MA

#2 Jul 12, 2010
Thoughts and prayers are with friends and family dealing with this terrible loss.
Brattler

Springfield, MA

#3 Jul 12, 2010
"It looks like there may have been some vandalism involved," said Sorensen. "The investigation is continuing and there may be some other charges resulting from this incident."

So, he was hanging out of the window for a specific purpose, perhaps. Sorry to hear the guy died but what's a 21 year old doing driving around drunk, vandalizing things at 1am? Mamas, don't let your sons grow up to be these guys.

Sacramento, CA

#4 Jul 12, 2010
It's not fair to judge a dead young man, or the parents of the driver. The choices these young men made are theirs. I'm sure it's against any rational and loving parent's teaching. So often kids are guided by the best parents and they still make bad choices. No one wins here. We can only hope it's a wake-up call for those left behind and that it makes young adults think a little harder about wreckless decision-making. Keep your comments kind out of respect for the families dealing with this very sad situation.
Rob

Rochester, VT

#5 Jul 12, 2010
Dumbasses were probably batting mailboxes.
Vermonster

West Wardsboro, VT

#6 Jul 12, 2010
Brattler wrote:
"It looks like there may have been some vandalism involved," said Sorensen. "The investigation is continuing and there may be some other charges resulting from this incident."
So, he was hanging out of the window for a specific purpose, perhaps. Sorry to hear the guy died but what's a 21 year old doing driving around drunk, vandalizing things at 1am? Mamas, don't let your sons grow up to be these guys.
Really? Dont Judge Someone before you know them. If you lived around here, you wouldnt find something to do either. Granted, they shouldnt have been drinking and driving, but you dont have to be that much of an ass. He was an amazing guy. And let me guess, if this same thing happend to one of your friends that were 21, would you be saying that now? Didn't think so..
Green Mts

Walpole, NH

#7 Jul 12, 2010
Kids will be kids. I bet we've all done something somewhere along the line that our parents told us not to do or would not be very pleased with; I know that I did back in those days, that doesn't mean we are "bad people." Have some compassion for this young man's family. Maybe some of you "haters" could try this one that your mama may have taught you: If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all! My heart goes out to his family & friends of which my niece is one of them.
Heather

Walpole, NH

#8 Jul 12, 2010
I agree, don't judge...It could happen to anyone at anytime...no matter your "parenting" skills. People do things while out having fun with no intentions of getting hurt, never mind dying...Its one of those "it wont happen to me" things. And I'm sure if it was your son or daughter and somthing like this happend you wouldn't be saying that, please have some respect. Aaron was a great person and anyone who knew him knows this....He will be missed
flat lander

United States

#9 Jul 12, 2010
Time moves on in some areas while it drags it's feet in others. Tomorrow is a new day for the same old thing for those that don't ketch on quickly.
darwin

Cambridge, VT

#10 Jul 12, 2010
Tragic, but choices have consequences.
Have a Heart

Bellows Falls, VT

#11 Jul 12, 2010
We all had youthful energy at one time. It sometimes is used for unproductive or sometimes self-destructive things. Too bad he didn't get a chance to grow up and old and understand the consequences of his actions. RIP.
ctill

Wallingford, VT

#12 Jul 12, 2010
it is callous and reprehensible the "hater" comments. regardless of whether this young man was behaving with poor judgement, he is now dead and gone from all those who loved him dearly. an opinion should represent actually having taken a moment to consider an appropriate response, not just throw out some completely inane comment. you need to consider that he has left behind a mother, a father, a brother and many other relatives and friends who are now coping with the loss of someone who will never return to their lives.
I Vote Vermont

Freeport, ME

#13 Jul 13, 2010
Have his,'friends' turned themselves in yet?
Localguy

Springfield, MA

#14 Jul 13, 2010
Yes, the responsibility for this tragedy lies... somewhere else. This is just normal Vermont young-adult behavior. Everyone does it. Boys will be boys, you know. Nobody of their age has a career, job, family, education to look after - there's just nothing to do but cruise around drunk, hanging out of windows and busting stuff up. It is a rite of passage around here and perfectly normal behavior for a young adult. There's nothing anyone could have done throughout their lives to make a difference and this was purely an unavoidable accident.
flat lander

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#15 Jul 13, 2010
"I vote Vermont"= friends or comrades you think friends at that level is a stretch of the term but more of a camaraderie of dumb and dumber club. This is a average move on this generation influenced by TV, movies and games. A lack of reality , good judgment and responsibility.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Middlebury College Heating plant (Sep '12) Jun '17 EngineeringIdiot 5
News Police roundup (Aug '09) May '17 Ripflatlander 5
Hallmark Job Opportunity in Middlebury May '17 VictorOrians 1
News Two arraigned in I-91 heroin bust (Oct '14) Mar '17 DEPUTY DOG 19
News Springfield man accused of fatally stabbing gir... (Mar '17) Mar '17 THE NEW ROAD 1
Middlebury College parties (Apr '14) Mar '17 dong 2
News Driving the gauntlet Town along Route 4 collect... (Nov '09) Feb '17 DocHoliday 4

Springfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Springfield Mortgages