CDC members unconvinced on records checks

There are 4 comments on the Bennington Banner story from Oct 22, 2009, titled CDC members unconvinced on records checks. In it, Bennington Banner reports that:

Student safety was the idea behind a proposal to have adult students undergo a background check before enrolling in Southwest Vermont Career Development Center day classes, but a number of board members don't believe the measure would provide any benefits.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bennington Banner.

Vermont transplant

Boston, MA

#1 Oct 23, 2009
As long as they check sex-offender status I think that is enough. I think most parents just don't want pedophiles going to school with our children. Someone convicted of a misdemeanor which could range from petty theft to trespassing doesn't propose an immediate threat to others. Sex offenders should know better than to enlist for day classses at the CDC but we all know they don't always follow the conditions that apply to them.
ABoardMember

Stowe, VT

#2 Oct 23, 2009
How does MAU check and control the criminal population there? They have kids with records for rape, assault and drugs. Ask johnson. He is an MAU employee who watches them. He is also making this an issue because his boss, Sue wants to take over the CDC -- so she can dump the kids she can't control into CDC classrooms and take CDC money to spend on MAU -- as was done before the CDC became a school onto itself.
ABoardMember

Stowe, VT

#3 Oct 24, 2009
We are all waiting Bennington Banner -- when are you going to tell everyone what the SVSU is doing on this issue? The CDC is doing more. You want sell papers, well there is your issue boys! Furthermore, the community needs to have a discussion about the students with records at MAU that no one can do anything about. Push for it boys. It will be a public service.
i need votes

Boston, MA

#4 Oct 24, 2009
ABoardMember wrote:
We are all waiting Bennington Banner -- when are you going to tell everyone what the SVSU is doing on this issue? The CDC is doing more. You want sell papers, well there is your issue boys! Furthermore, the community needs to have a discussion about the students with records at MAU that no one can do anything about. Push for it boys. It will be a public service.
Where is your response to block scheduling?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News HCRS compensation package angers lawmakers Mar '15 tanya 2
News UHSD 27 budget to go up less than 1 percent des... Mar '15 Andrew Andrews 1
News Athens voters reject first-ever Town Plan Mar '15 Diogenes Smith 1
News Lawmakers praise gov's pitch for road, ag funding (Jan '14) Feb '15 other 5
why does brenda darling get away selling her pa... (Mar '09) Jan '15 Det Columbo 287
News If the rich are getting richer, what's happenin... (Apr '14) Jan '15 Jaimie 9
Live Music at the Pizza Stone Jan '15 reverie22 1
More from around the web

Springfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]