Gallup's 2012 election polling debacle: what went wrong? | Harry J Enten

Nov 23, 2012 Full story: The Guardian 39

Mitt Romney at a rally at George Mason University in Fairfax, Virginia, on the final day of the campaign.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“The Commander-in-Chi ef”

Since: Jun 07

Always bet on Black

#2 Nov 23, 2012
What went wrong was that these polling firms allowed the right to pressure them into changing their methodology in an attempt to influence public opinion. Rasmussen and Gallup were both humiliated after allowing their bias to interfere with common sense.

Rasmussen will forever be tainted as the bogus outfit that I had been warning against for years now. Gallup allowed the right to besmirch their respected name… they should have known better than to bet against Black, LOL.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#3 Nov 24, 2012
Rasmussen was all BS...that's why it was exclusively used by Fox....that was a hint and a half....Dick Morris and Rasmussen, should both be put out to pasture....

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#4 Nov 24, 2012
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
What went wrong was that these polling firms allowed the right to pressure them into changing their methodology in an attempt to influence public opinion. Rasmussen and Gallup were both humiliated after allowing their bias to interfere with common sense.
Rasmussen will forever be tainted as the bogus outfit that I had been warning against for years now. Gallup allowed the right to besmirch their respected name… they should have known better than to bet against Black, LOL.
Obama considers corporate funding for 2013 inauguration

President Barack Obama's fundraising advisers have urged the White House to accept corporate donations for his January 2013 inaugural celebration rather than rely exclusively on weary donors who underwrote his $1 billion re-election effort.

OH NO, NOT THOSE EVIL CORPORATE DOLLARS WE HEARD SO MUCH ABOUT FROM THE LEFT. More candy for the candynanny.
Billy Ringo

Forest Hills, NY

#7 Nov 24, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Obama considers corporate funding for 2013 inauguration
President Barack Obama's fundraising advisers have urged the White House to accept corporate donations for his January 2013 inaugural celebration rather than rely exclusively on weary donors who underwrote his $1 billion re-election effort.
OH NO, NOT THOSE EVIL CORPORATE DOLLARS WE HEARD SO MUCH ABOUT FROM THE LEFT. More candy for the candynanny.
http://www.electoral-vote.com/
Makes sense

Dearborn, MI

#8 Nov 24, 2012
Maybe Gallup is in the pocket of Karl Rove.

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#9 Nov 24, 2012
Actually these polls were wonderful. They all had Mitt Romney leading, so his team practically sat on their hands while Team Obama was campaigning hard. In Ohio, Obama came here so many times I thought this was his second home, and we delivered for him. It was sheer joy watching Karl Rove and the Faux News team on election night when it was finally revealed that the polls had been Wrong all along. Those surprised faces were a gift to watch.
Gary

Bellingham, WA

#12 Nov 24, 2012
jenny623 wrote:
Actually these polls were wonderful. They all had Mitt Romney leading, so his team practically sat on their hands while Team Obama was campaigning hard. In Ohio, Obama came here so many times I thought this was his second home, and we delivered for him. It was sheer joy watching Karl Rove and the Faux News team on election night when it was finally revealed that the polls had been Wrong all along. Those surprised faces were a gift to watch.
The election was over two weeks ago and we still
have millions of Republicans living and breathing
inside the Fox News Bubble. They won't come out.
They're so used to living on lies, hype and hypocrisy
they can't face the real world.

Well, it serves them right, being absolute slaves to
the Fox propaganda machine.
celticwarriors

Bradenton, FL

#13 Nov 24, 2012
Nate Silver had it right everynight on MSNBC.

Always bet on Black

#14 Nov 24, 2012
celticwarriors wrote:
Nate Silver had it right everynight on MSNBC.
That is why smart people watch MSNBC...
Makes sense

Dearborn, MI

#15 Nov 24, 2012
Gary wrote:
<quoted text>
I think after Laughing Liberal was fired, he died breathing his own farts cooped up in his parents basement all those years.

Always bet on Black

#16 Nov 25, 2012
Gary wrote:
<quoted text>
The pathetically amusing part is that they just don’t get it; they continue to spew the very unpatriotic stupidity, lies and propaganda that caused them to lose the election in the first place. They are determined to shove the round peg into the square hole… their suffering is pure joy for me as they scream out in misery trying to sell spoiled milk in a fresh food market, LOL.

Paris

#17 Nov 25, 2012
Billy Ringo wrote:
I figured that's all you got for the next four years. I missed the list of Obama's successes you and he neglected to mention in his billion dollars worth of ads.

Paris

#18 Nov 25, 2012
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
That is why smart people watch MSNBC...
yeah, all 34 of them.

Paris

#19 Nov 25, 2012
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
The pathetically amusing part is that they just don’t get it; they continue to spew the very unpatriotic stupidity, lies and propaganda that caused them to lose the election in the first place. They are determined to shove the round peg into the square hole… their suffering is pure joy for me as they scream out in misery trying to sell spoiled milk in a fresh food market, LOL.
What is there to get, are you proud of treason maggot?

Always bet on Black

#20 Nov 25, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah, all 34 of them.
MSNBC is now the most watched, and is the #1 rated cable news channel… the funny part is that fox news use to claim that, but that didn’t translate into victories at the ballot box… and that is in spite of all of their efforts to undermine this great President. And you of all people shouldn’t bring up any numbers. You are the imbecile who celebrated Romney having 30,000 idiots come out to his rally the Sunday before the election… and you fools still couldn’t win.

Although I did notice you haven’t posted any of the Rasmussen or Gallup poll numbers since the election… I wonder why? You are so good at posting those numbers. So when as far as posting Obama’s job approval ratings and election numbers; let me tell you like Obama told Romney in the second debate when Romney thought that he was about to make the check-mate move on Benghazi:

“PLEASE; PROCEED”.

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
What is there to get, are you proud of treason maggot?
I am so proud that we showed unpatriotic idiots like you that this is our country, not yours… it brings me such euphoria to know that Romney, fox news, tea-baggers and the GOP establishment was humiliated on Election Night after being stupid enough to believe the lies and propaganda in the right-wing bubble… you idiots actually believed that you had a chance of winning…

It has been a pure joy to sit back and watch the suffering on fox news, and listen to the crying on right-wing radio as tea-baggers call in on the verge of crying as they express how distraught they are over Obama being re-elected. Your side will never see the inside of the White House again… at least not for the next few generations, LOL!

NOW STFU LOSER!!!!!!!

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#21 Nov 25, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>What is there to get, are you proud of treason maggot?
WAHHHHHHHHHHHH! WAHHHHHHHHHHH!

How's that 7 point Romney Gallop poll lead working out for you, ScrotumSniffer?

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#22 Nov 25, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>yeah, all 34 of them.
WAHHHHHH WAHHHHH!

Poor ScrotumSnbiffer: insisted that polls oversampled Democrats and it seems that Gallop prefers whites and missed the boat.

Four more years of DumboSpam?

Since: Aug 09

Walnut, CA

#23 Nov 25, 2012
Gary wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently the Republican echo chamber doesn't have and exit door.

Walnut, CA

#24 Nov 25, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>I figured that's all you got for the next four years. I missed the list of Obama's successes you and he neglected to mention in his billion dollars worth of ads.
LeBimbo

The exit door for the right wing Republican echo chamber is to your left.

Walnut, CA

#25 Nov 25, 2012
jenny623 wrote:
So so satisfying to know that Rove, Morris, Krauthammer, et. al. were WRONG, WRONG, WRONG. As Chris Matthews would say..."HAH".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ABC 7 News crew kicked out of public meeting to... Dec 18 Clint 1
pain Dec 2 Speakingwords 1
Bluegrass and Old-Time Jamboree slated Nov. 15 ... Nov 25 Baba1 2
West Springfield Music Thread (Apr '14) Nov '14 Musikologist 2
Springfield Music Thread (Apr '14) Nov '14 Musikologist 2
Fairfax County Police Officers Cleared in Sept.... Nov '14 Yup 1
Teaparty Taliban Meeting and Grab Dance Oct '14 Foustian deal 2
Springfield Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web