wrongful arrest in robertson county

Posted in the Springfield Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
WONDERING

White House, TN

#1 Apr 14, 2010
INTERESTED IN OTHERS WHO HAVE EXPERIENCED A WRONGFUL ARREST IN ROBERTSON COUNTY
Sharon

Springfield, TN

#2 Apr 27, 2010
I haven't heard of any "wrongful" arrests, but I sure know a few who have not been arrested that should have been. Thanks to the current law-enforcement's administration, the drug-dealers and crooks are getting away with crime while they turn heads the other way. It's sad when the top-dog is in bed with the head crack-heads. Keeping that kind of company, I'd move outta Robertson County once my term is up...
jill

Goodlettsville, TN

#3 May 4, 2010
Sharon wrote:
I haven't heard of any "wrongful" arrests, but I sure know a few who have not been arrested that should have been. Thanks to the current law-enforcement's administration, the drug-dealers and crooks are getting away with crime while they turn heads the other way. It's sad when the top-dog is in bed with the head crack-heads. Keeping that kind of company, I'd move outta Robertson County once my term is up...
You can also get away with murder in robertson co, if you know the right people. thats a fact..........
Veronica

Mcminnville, TN

#4 May 5, 2010
You're right, that IS a known FACT.
patty

Springfield, TN

#5 Jun 23, 2010
WONDERING wrote:
INTERESTED IN OTHERS WHO HAVE EXPERIENCED A WRONGFUL ARREST IN ROBERTSON COUNTY
I know for a fact that this is true! I have never in my life been in trouble . I was arrested. The officer didn't want to hear anything I had to say. The other person had been arrested several times . I went to court and charges were dropped. I lost money bail, lawyer , and missed work. I called 911 aint that something.Now I will think twice about calling !
you can make a difference

Madison, TN

#6 Jun 23, 2010
Elections for the Sheriff of Robertson Co. is coming up. Vote the old gaurd out if you want to make a change. Trust me, Cook will take care of the rif raf behind tha badge.
sam

United States

#7 Jun 23, 2010
you can make a difference wrote:
Elections for the Sheriff of Robertson Co. is coming up. Vote the old gaurd out if you want to make a change. Trust me, Cook will take care of the rif raf behind tha badge.
Rif raf, thats what Cook will bring in if he is elected.
Grinning

Brentwood, TN

#8 Jun 23, 2010
Sam, why can't you face the fact that this is a very close race, and perhaps the voters are SICK OF THE RIF RAF that is already there now. My brother, neice, grandaughter's husband, grandson, aunt, uncle's cousin, son, daughter and mother's favorite nephew would sure want you to vote holt so they can continue their daily family reunions on taxpayer money. LARRY COOK WILL NOT STAND FOR THIS RIF, RAF!!!!! GO COOK......
Smiling Bob

United States

#9 Jun 23, 2010
Why is it that crime rose in Cheatham and Sumner counties when crime rates dropped 23.9% in Robertson County?

Here we go with the "NEPOTISM ARGUMENT," again! You know, in order to be nepotism, you have to be able to prove that that person in not qualified for that position and that he beat out someone that was. No, it doesn't count if he beats someone out and they were both qualified.
Explain

Springfield, TN

#10 Jun 23, 2010
Smiling Bob wrote:
Why is it that crime rose in Cheatham and Sumner counties when crime rates dropped 23.9% in Robertson County?
Here we go with the "NEPOTISM ARGUMENT," again! You know, in order to be nepotism, you have to be able to prove that that person in not qualified for that position and that he beat out someone that was. No, it doesn't count if he beats someone out and they were both qualified.
WHY WAS THE SHERIFF'S GRANDSON-IN-LAW WITH ONLY 3 YRS OF PATROL EXPERIENCE AT THE TIME PROMOTED TO A NARCOTICS POSITION, AFTER A VETERAN OFFICER WITH 6 + YRS AND SEVERAL YRS IN DRUGS PASSED OVER FOR THE POSITION????
(NO DISCIPLINARY, NO WRITE UPS, IN BOTH OFFICERS FILE)THEN WHY THREE YEARS LATER (WITH NO DRUG CASES) WAS THE GRANDSON-IN-LAW PROMOTED AGAIN OVER SEVERAL VETERAN OFFICERS (WITH 8+ YRS OF SERVICE) TO DETECTIVE. PLEASE ANSWER THIS, BECAUSE I HAVE CHECKED EMPLOYEE FILES AND THERE IS NO REASON FOR THIS???
Grinning

Brentwood, TN

#11 Jun 23, 2010
Tell me your still smiling, Bob?? Guess this is made up, too, huh?

“I want to make it better...”

Since: May 07

Greenbrier, TN

#12 Jun 24, 2010
Smiling Bob, those rates may have dropped for the simple fact that so many things are overlooked. Shoplifters don't even get arrested around this county. Mothers pimp out their daughters, drug dealers are known and not stopped, abusers are not arrested or violated by PO's. Open your eyes, Bob.
yellaroseTNM

United States

#13 Jun 24, 2010
Ldydrgn is right on the money you people need to
start listening and start working for a better
county and cook is the one. Let me put it this way
Take a white person then stand a skinking mexican
side by side who is going to jail guess that one!
I myself know that the mexicans pay moola to deputy dog to be the one released. Wake up people!
Also your crack house motel the same resoning
there. Pay offs of big Moola.
KNOWS about it

Springfield, TN

#14 Jun 24, 2010
Ldydrgn wrote:
Smiling Bob, those rates may have dropped for the simple fact that so many things are overlooked. Shoplifters don't even get arrested around this county. Mothers pimp out their daughters, drug dealers are known and not stopped, abusers are not arrested or violated by PO's. Open your eyes, Bob.
I encourage you to call the sheriff's office, ask for warrants, see how many people get violated, montly, weekly, daily....see what they have to tell you. By your post I will let you know, I bet you'll be surprised. I called and checked today myself.

Drug dealers that are known are probably being followed by under cover. If you just arrest them and tell the judge "I KNOW" thats not good enough. You have to build a case and catch them in the act. This IS NOT as easy as one would think. Atleast I don't think it would be.

I'd like to know where these mothers are that are pimping out their daughters as you say. Has this been reported or are you just blabbing??

“I want to make it better...”

Since: May 07

Greenbrier, TN

#15 Jun 24, 2010
KNOWS about it wrote:
<quoted text>
I encourage you to call the sheriff's office, ask for warrants, see how many people get violated, montly, weekly, daily....see what they have to tell you. By your post I will let you know, I bet you'll be surprised. I called and checked today myself.
Drug dealers that are known are probably being followed by under cover. If you just arrest them and tell the judge "I KNOW" thats not good enough. You have to build a case and catch them in the act. This IS NOT as easy as one would think. Atleast I don't think it would be.
I'd like to know where these mothers are that are pimping out their daughters as you say. Has this been reported or are you just blabbing??
No, I'm not just "blabbing". I may very well be suprised at the numbers you insinuate you got. However that does not have much to do with the amount of crime that is NOT accounted for. I happen to know, from my aquaintances and seeing for myself, how much goes on that is not handled.
I am quite aware of what it takes to catch drug dealers and pimps in the act. You are very right, it is NOT easy nor a quick thing. Unfortunately it seems that these processes move slower than molasses in January in this county.
kirby

United States

#16 Jun 24, 2010
Smiling Bob wrote:
Why is it that crime rose in Cheatham and Sumner counties when crime rates dropped 23.9% in Robertson County?
Here we go with the "NEPOTISM ARGUMENT," again! You know, in order to be nepotism, you have to be able to prove that that person in not qualified for that position and that he beat out someone that was. No, it doesn't count if he beats someone out and they were both qualified.
A statistic is a number. Mark Twain once said, "There are lies, damned lies, and statistics." In quoting those statistics, where does that put you and the ones who created them. I have worked for 6 years for the master of statistics. Ron Serpas has said for that long that crime is down but where the rubber meets the road, where the true numbers lie is in the streets where someone dies every day almost in Nashville. Don't quote numbers to me because a statistic can be made to look like anything you want it to look like, all you have to do is factor in a different factor. Ask any mathematical genius or any statistician they will tell you the same fact. Funny how crime in an election year has suddenly decreased by almost 1/4 of what it has been...
Done

United States

#17 Jun 25, 2010
kirby wrote:
<quoted text>
A statistic is a number. Mark Twain once said, "There are lies, damned lies, and statistics." In quoting those statistics, where does that put you and the ones who created them. I have worked for 6 years for the master of statistics. Ron Serpas has said for that long that crime is down but where the rubber meets the road, where the true numbers lie is in the streets where someone dies every day almost in Nashville. Don't quote numbers to me because a statistic can be made to look like anything you want it to look like, all you have to do is factor in a different factor. Ask any mathematical genius or any statistician they will tell you the same fact. Funny how crime in an election year has suddenly decreased by almost 1/4 of what it has been...
If there is a problem with the numbers then you need to contact the TBI. That is where the numbers come from. If you check it out it did'nt say it dropped in one year that is over the last five years crime rate has been going down.
kirby

United States

#18 Jun 25, 2010
maybe you should look yourself, you never said that. even still, the tbi gets its numbers from the rcso in the first place.
KNOWS about it

Springfield, TN

#19 Jun 26, 2010
kirby wrote:
maybe you should look yourself, you never said that. even still, the tbi gets its numbers from the rcso in the first place.
Yes, they do get their numbers from RCSO, HOWEVER Mr. Kirby, there is one thing you probably don't know.(Even though you think you do) TBI comes and audits EVERY department in the state, EVERYTHING must be reported. Or they get in big time trouble. Never heard of any trouble there. So ya know maybe you should contact the TBI, maybe they can explain to you why their numbers are all messed up.
kirby

United States

#20 Jun 26, 2010
Mr. Know it all, EVERYTHING doesn't have to be reported. Things can be changed, and TBI doesn't audit unless they are solicited to come audit. Have you not been paying attention to all the media stuff going on after Ron Serpas left? All the number fudging that he was reportedly doing??? TBI still hasn't audited but Metro is paying for their own audit which I'm sure is gonna come out okay because when you PAY FOR SOMETHING YOU WANT, YOU USUALLY GET WHAT YOU WANT. I know how numbers work. Numbers and statistics can be made to look exactly how you want them to look. I mean, really, ask any statistician in the world. A statistic can be made to look like anything you want it to. All you have to do is factor in a different factor. I'm quite sick of numbers. Lets talk about RCSO's solvability percentage. What is that statistic Mr. Know it all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
David Wiley Chief of Police Ridge Top, TN Thu Jeff 2
new building? Wed WH CP SF NOT SURE 6
William Tate arrested during prostitution ring. (Mar '09) Oct 22 George 10
Springfield tennessee woolen mills Oct 20 gbmom 4
Ridge Top speeding ticket Oct 20 CorruptioninRidgetop 2
randy wright Oct 18 The Twisted Troll 3
Dr. Tommy Crunk Oct 16 Vinny from White ... 21
Springfield Dating
Find my Match

Springfield Jobs

Springfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Springfield News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Springfield

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]