Beer sales on the square.

Beer sales on the square.

Posted in the Springfield Forum

Robertson County Resident

Hendersonville, TN

#1 Mar 29, 2013
Should beer sales be allowed on the court house square?
Debbie

Birmingham, AL

#3 Apr 4, 2013
Yes I do think they should allow beer sales on the square. What is the difference in there and right down the road at The Depot or even a store. It's in the county and beer sales are allowed here. For those that oppose it...then those people don't have to purchase it. Simple as that...
Questionable

Hendersonville, TN

#4 Apr 4, 2013
If they sold beer uptown, then you could find your elected officials. They wouldn't have to go home during work hours.
Kat

Clarksville, TN

#5 Apr 10, 2013
What happened to all of this negativity that went on a few years back when there was a restuarant ALREADY on the square that wanted beer/liquor sales? I can tell you, these people were treated like trash by so many people that fought it tooth and nail. Why is it now that people are all over the place promoting it? If it was wrong then, it is wrong now. Just because some wanna be socialites got behind it, doesn't mean it has to pass. I think all of the alderman that voted for it, should be ashamed of themselves for getting behind this now, when a stable business was rejected for it. It also is funny to me that these "reverends" and so call christians are so eager to vote it in.I applaud Mr. Ellis, Mr. Head and Mr. Sneed for standing up for what they feel is right. If you can't eat a meal without having a beer or liquor, I pity you. There are MANY restaurants all over town that serve them, so why bring it on our square?
Fed up

Hendersonville, TN

#6 Apr 11, 2013
Kat wrote:
What happened to all of this negativity that went on a few years back when there was a restuarant ALREADY on the square that wanted beer/liquor sales? I can tell you, these people were treated like trash by so many people that fought it tooth and nail. Why is it now that people are all over the place promoting it? If it was wrong then, it is wrong now. Just because some wanna be socialites got behind it, doesn't mean it has to pass. I think all of the alderman that voted for it, should be ashamed of themselves for getting behind this now, when a stable business was rejected for it. It also is funny to me that these "reverends" and so call christians are so eager to vote it in.I applaud Mr. Ellis, Mr. Head and Mr. Sneed for standing up for what they feel is right. If you can't eat a meal without having a beer or liquor, I pity you. There are MANY restaurants all over town that serve them, so why bring it on our square?
I think that it was a mistake when they did not allow this years
ago. The Square D restaraunt would probably still be there if this had been allowed. I also see no way that religion plays a role in this vote. What this town needs most is forward thinkers. I am tired of hearing that this is the way it always has been. If I ever see Head, Sneed, or Ellis in one of those MANY restaraunts I will be sure to point it out to them!
Knob slobbers

Springfield, TN

#7 Apr 14, 2013
There is a good reson it did not pass before...... That worthless piece of shit Bobby Hamilton Jr.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Problems With Some Patients At Mid-State Pain C... (Aug '09) 12 hr vbrown 325
who sets bonds for robertson county (Jul '12) Sun Who cares 17
need of help please.... (Nov '11) Jun 24 invest 6
firehouse bar benefit for shelia haley (Sep '12) Jun 24 invest 2
House for rent in Springfield ky (Aug '14) Jun 24 invest 4
Im Feenin Jun 22 Speedball 1
Springfield Police and County Jun 17 Saved by grace 10

Springfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Springfield Mortgages