why are we feeding children over the weekend and in the summer?

Posted in the Springfield Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of21
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
sickofabuse

Gallatin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

It is an abuse of tax dollars to send a back pack of food home over the weekend and feed children during the summer. There are plenty of food pantries and churches that are willing to feed anyone, so why start another program?
willingtohelp

Gallatin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

It makes perfect sense to feed our children on weekends and in the summer. What are our other choices? I am offended that anyone would object to it. This is one nation under God and we should be helping God's children.
Yellow Rose of Texas

Springfield, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

I don't believe tax money is involved in this program. I know I have helped fill the back packs and I didn't see anything about government taxes doing it. Hunger doesn't recognize weekends different than any other day. Have you every been there? I have.
Questioonable

Antioch, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

It makes it easier for parents to sell their food stamps, knowing the children will have snacks.
jo jo the monkey boy

Springfield, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

Questioonable wrote:
It makes it easier for parents to sell their food stamps, knowing the children will have snacks.
YEP, and the food stamps are suppose to be to feed the family on the weekends.v oh and don't forget the free cell phones, paying light bills, free clothes, shoes, money on the EBT card, cheap housing, new cars sitting in front of project houses, and the older grandchildren living there slingin crack and got pockets full of money. They they decided to come up with Section 8 so they can put the hoodlums in your neighborhood!!!
meah

Clover, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2012

I know a BUNCH of people that sell food stamps. I think it's terrible. I wish there was a way to catch these people. I hate that they get away with it.
funny

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2012

may they are selling there food stamps and living in low houseing but thats not not right to seat back and let a child not have anything to eat may they do have money in there pockets but not food for or milk for the babys one thing about it they cant sell the bags they get from school you can tell when a child is in need they come to school unclean and smelling if there not cleaning and bathing there not cooking it is sad for some ome to think of there self to wont to take food out of there months your no diffent then the one not take care because all childrens is the lords
Enuf

Bon Aqua, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2012

This is probably going to make some people upset, but that's okay. Here are my thoughts on this subject:
Folks, there has GOT to be more accountability and responsibility for parents. As long as we feed their kids, put clothes on their backs, give them school supplies, their Christmas gifts, free after school care, and now food for the weekend and all summer.....what is left for the parents of these children TO DO? It takes a village???? Possibly so. A lifetime of freebies provided by those of us that work???? I don't think so. To those parents that are trying, working and need help, I hope you find it and will help you if I can...BLESS YOU. To those parents that have grown up generation after generation taking everything you can get....SHAME ON YOU. Hopefully those people that feel the need to keep you up will soon grow tired of it!! Get off your )))) and get a job and take care of your own children.
jo jo the monkey boy

Springfield, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2012

funny wrote:
may they are selling there food stamps and living in low houseing but thats not not right to seat back and let a child not have anything to eat may they do have money in there pockets but not food for or milk for the babys one thing about it they cant sell the bags they get from school you can tell when a child is in need they come to school unclean and smelling if there not cleaning and bathing there not cooking it is sad for some ome to think of there self to wont to take food out of there months your no diffent then the one not take care because all childrens is the lords
Sounds like child neglect to me, so where are the social workers? And yes I am different, and yes they Can sell anything you send. They need to go back to commodies. Hell nobody would buy powdered eggs! I hope whatever they send don't need cooking, because you said they are not cooking. I guess the bugs are fattening up on the stuff.
papa

Bon Aqua, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2012

Judged:

Sure glad to see some folks on here feel the same way I do. At one time a helping hand was appreciated and people were humbled by it. Now, all we do is give handouts and people have become to expect and not appreciate them. No one should be given everything and not put out effort to help themselves. As far as the kids go, thats exactly why we are in this mess, these same kids will more than likely be the same way because they have never been taught to do anything but abuse the system. Before all of these handouts are given, why not teach these people to work instead of expecting us to always taking care of them.
interested

Gallatin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2012

I find this quite interesting and a lot of valid points brought up on both sides. I would like to know how so many of these are funded and if they have volunteers or paid staff. It is true to say as long as we give everything, some people will keep on taking. There has got to be a middle ground.
Truth

Clarksville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2012

Judged:

I work with this program. NO "tax dollars" support it. Most of the food comes from donations made at local stores, or is purchased using funds donated through local churches. All the workers are volunteers. I won't debate whether it is appropriate to feed hungry children or whose responsibility that SHOULD be. We are just trying to feed hungry kids. No other motives. I know everyone won't agree with this idea, and I think that sad.
funny

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2012

this is all a mess the goverment made this mess, dont send bags home feed them before they go home that why you no there been taking care of and the sorry so called mothers are not eating it or given it to there sorry '''man thats hiding in the house yes half the women geting gov help lie about were there man is and hes in the house that why the young people not get married to take all they can get and yes some of the kids will be just like them and yes the ones geting food stamps eat better then the working class .
tam2

Bon Aqua, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2012

Truth wrote:
I work with this program. NO "tax dollars" support it. Most of the food comes from donations made at local stores, or is purchased using funds donated through local churches. All the workers are volunteers. I won't debate whether it is appropriate to feed hungry children or whose responsibility that SHOULD be. We are just trying to feed hungry kids. No other motives. I know everyone won't agree with this idea, and I think that sad.
I also checked on this program and found out there IS a paid "director" who is retired from the State. The agency recieves $ from the United Way and DOES receive some federal $ as well. If people are so "concerned" about hungry children, there should not be a paid employee!
interested

Gallatin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2012

AMEN to that, tam2. If these people find it in their hearts to help, good for them. I don't think they should not be paying anyone to oversee this "wonderful" program. I say the more we provide, the more people expect. Let them feed their own children and if they can't feed them, quit popping them out for other people to take care of.
iwanttoeatsteakt oo

Springfield, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2012

How sad. I will only address the summer program to feed children breakfast and lunch. The kids have to go to the designated schools...they cannot take the food home; they just get to eat. How in the world can a human be against this? No matter what you think of their undeserving parents, the kids should be able to eat.
jo jo the monkey boy

Springfield, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2012

Judged:

iwanttoeatsteaktoo wrote:
How sad. I will only address the summer program to feed children breakfast and lunch. The kids have to go to the designated schools...they cannot take the food home; they just get to eat. How in the world can a human be against this? No matter what you think of their undeserving parents, the kids should be able to eat.
And the parents should be prosecuted for Foodstamp fraud and child neglect since they get them and according to you the kids are still hungry.
Questioonable

Hendersonville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2012

Thank you. Simple solution to an ongoing problemm. Let someone else feed you breakfast and I can sleep all day and stay up all night. What a mind set!!!! These children know to walk to schools and get food, walk home and more than likely stay outside all day. Than as adults they will raise their children the same way.
Goodolboy

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2012

Food stamps are abused for sure. It is easier now than it was years ago when it was accually paper. Many many years ago i was using them and i sold my share of them for gas and beer. I am not proud of it at all. I have to say it did help me get on my feet and become a better person. Ive been doing well for sometime now. If people didnt try to make a career of living on the gov. Our country would be a much better place.
He Man

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

You guys are a bunch of idiots. The money spent on that food is all private donation. NONE of it is tax dollar money. Do your research before you slam a private organization for trying to do some good in that god forsaken hell hole called Southtown.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of21
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

15 Users are viewing the Springfield Forum right now

Search the Springfield Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 40 min lol 123,407
TN Pay-to-Spray Firefighters Watch as Home Burns (Oct '10) 1 hr 123pitcher 58,309
Noon Lunch 3 hr Kingsley_jud_Soho 1
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 4 hr Got Real 8,457
Northcrest Embezzlers 5 hr I Disagree 41
State Senate race (Sep '13) 6 hr Ben 12
Bobby Martin 9 hr I Disagree 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Springfield Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Springfield People Search