Should state mandate immunizations? New requirements effective in July

May 4, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Chattanoogan.com

Immunizations are one of the most efficient and cost-effective ways to protect children against childhood diseases and Tennessee law requires documented immunizations.

Comments
8,381 - 8,400 of 8,971 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
Humor

Lenoir City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2014

Judged:

Armadillo wrote:
<quoted text>
How did he/she make an ass of or anyone except him/herself. Commenting on a name is something a 10 year old might do. So by agreeing with such antics, you seem to be at the level of a 10 year old as well.
You being an ass was already inh place, he was just pointing it out. Antics? Who talks like that? So you know a lot about 10 year old children, do you? How long have you been a pedophile? All your life or did you just start when you realized you were gay?
Armadillo

Paris, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2014

Judged:

Humor wrote:
<quoted text>You being an ass was already inh place, he was just pointing it out. Antics? Who talks like that? So you know a lot about 10 year old children, do you? How long have you been a pedophile? All your life or did you just start when you realized you were gay?
1. Not gay, but wtf does that have to do woth anything here?

2. You don't know the meaning of the word "antics"?

3. Pedophile? Are you drunk out of your mind?

You and Free Man are on the same level--most likely the same person.

Your post shows that i was mistaken. I overestimated your maturity. How about 8?
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2014

Humor wrote:
<quoted text>Sure he did! Laughter is a very important thing. He made an ass out of you instead of you doing it by yourself,
H.
Humor

Lenoir City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2014

Judged:

I think possum-on-the-half-shell protests too much, huh? Now he's fantasizing about an 8 yr old. Notice he didn't deny anything, he just asked if I enjoyed alcohol. No, I don't drink, but that seems to be on his mind a lot, as well.
Humor

Lenoir City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2014

Judged:

On the plus side, he has demonstrated he can count to at least THREE! Looks like that home-schooling is really paying off.
Humor

Lenoir City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2014

Judged:

Oh, and I do know the meaning of antics. I also know the meaning of Antidisestablishmentarianism. Nobody talks that way though unless they are weird.
Armadillo

Paris, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2014

Humor wrote:
Oh, and I do know the meaning of antics. I also know the meaning of Antidisestablishmentarianism. Nobody talks that way though unless they are weird.
You don't get around much do you?
Armadillo

Paris, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2014

Humor wrote:
I think possum-on-the-half-shell protests too much, huh? Now he's fantasizing about an 8 yr old. Notice he didn't deny anything, he just asked if I enjoyed alcohol. No, I don't drink, but that seems to be on his mind a lot, as well.
If you don't drink you must be on drugs.

Who mislead you into believing that you can think? Who did so was trying to be kind or was playing a cruel joke on you.
Armadillo

Paris, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2014

Humor wrote:
On the plus side, he has demonstrated he can count to at least THREE! Looks like that home-schooling is really paying off.
Pray for me when you go to church this weekend.
Get Real

Lexington, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2014

Armadillo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your response here is more reasonsble than others i have seen here.
Are you suggesting that the risks of the vaccine outweigh the benefits for the majority?
Do you understand this vaccine is given on the day of birth to infants who are not at risk for the disease?
Do you understand the 17 billion $$$ motive?

Do you understand a 9 month old SUFFERED & DIED?
Armadillo

Paris, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2014

Judged:

Get Real wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you understand this vaccine is given on the day of birth to infants who are not at risk for the disease?
Do you understand the 17 billion $$$ motive?
Do you understand a 9 month old SUFFERED & DIED?
The first statement needs to be clarified. Which disease is being discussed here? How does one know about the risk--and when the infant will be at risk.

The money issue is a red herring. It is an example of the poison well fallacy.

The last statement is an instance of arguing from anecdotal evidence. Are you suggesting that the vaccination is harmful for everyone because it of that one 9 month old?

I ask again: are you arguing that the practice of immunization does more harm than good?
REO

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2014

Judged:

Armadillo wrote:
<quoted text>
It appears that you have nothing of substance to offer here.
Sure I do!!

You gave me fortune, you gave me fame! You gave power all in your god's name! I'm every person, you need to be! I'm.... an..... Arm-....a....dill....oooo....! !!
Armadillo

Paris, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2014

Judged:

REO wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure I do!!
You gave me fortune, you gave me fame! You gave power all in your god's name! I'm every person, you need to be! I'm.... an..... Arm-....a....dill....oooo....! !!
If only a sane person could take you seriously.
Question

Elizabethton, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2014

Judged:

Leave it up to the family or the state?
1. IFNO, it should be left up to the family to pay all the hospital bills fot any illness.
2. IF YES, then the insurance company should pay all the bills.
Get Real

Lexington, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2014

I thought you could follow our conversation.
Obviously, I overestimated your ability to follow the thread.
1. Do you understand this vaccine is given on the day of birth to infants who are not at risk for the disease?
Hep B vaccine
2. Do you understand the 17 billion $$$ motive?
Profit, shielded from any and all liability
3. Do you understand a 9 month old SUFFERED & DIED?
From Lupus, which is a "table injury" established by medical evidence recognized as being triggered by the Hep B vaccine.
That's what table injuries are....medically accepted vaccine injuries.

Armadillo,

You can't even figure out how to turn on the spell check option in your browser, much less follow the "reply's" I've quoted to help you keep up.

If you can't stay on topic, spell or follow a simple thread, perhaps this isn't the thread for you.
Armadillo

Paris, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2014

Judged:

Get Real wrote:
I thought you could follow our conversation.
Obviously, I overestimated your ability to follow the thread.
1. Do you understand this vaccine is given on the day of birth to infants who are not at risk for the disease?
Hep B vaccine
2. Do you understand the 17 billion $$$ motive?
Profit, shielded from any and all liability
3. Do you understand a 9 month old SUFFERED & DIED?
From Lupus, which is a "table injury" established by medical evidence recognized as being triggered by the Hep B vaccine.
That's what table injuries are....medically accepted vaccine injuries.
Armadillo,
You can't even figure out how to turn on the spell check option in your browser, much less follow the "reply's" I've quoted to help you keep up.
If you can't stay on topic, spell or follow a simple thread, perhaps this isn't the thread for you.
I asked you a simple question and you get nasty, and you neglected to answer the question.

Speaking of off topic, The spell checker comment itslf is off topic.

Regarding 1, see
http://www.cdc.gov/hepatitis/b/bfaq.htm

Hepatitis B vaccination is recommended for:
All infants, starting with the first dose of Hepatitis B vaccine at birth

So, here is a simple question. Does this practice do more harm than good?

You cannot claim, with a straight face that this question is off-topic.

3. Am i suppose to conclude that from one psrson (that is what you have stated twice) that one child has died from a vaccination then the vaccine is does more harm to the population than good.

Yes, there are "medically recognized" injuries that are attributes to vaccinations, but "medically acceptable" has a negative connotations which have no place in a rational discussion.

We are dealing with the same question as in 1. above.

Perhaps I am on the wrong post. But not for the reasons you provided. Rather, it is because your hostility reveals a lack of intellectual honesty and unwillingness to entertain questions about your position. I suspect that you are not clear a out the moral principle upon which your opinion is grounded.
Get Real

Lexington, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2014

Judged:

Armadillo wrote:
<quoted text>
I asked you a simple question and you get nasty, and you neglected to answer the question.
Speaking of off topic, The spell checker comment itslf is off topic.
Regarding 1, see
http://www.cdc.gov/hepatitis/b/bfaq.htm
Hepatitis B vaccination is recommended for:
All infants, starting with the first dose of Hepatitis B vaccine at birth
So, here is a simple question. Does this practice do more harm than good?
You cannot claim, with a straight face that this question is off-topic.
3. Am i suppose to conclude that from one psrson (that is what you have stated twice) that one child has died from a vaccination then the vaccine is does more harm to the population than good.
Yes, there are "medically recognized" injuries that are attributes to vaccinations, but "medically acceptable" has a negative connotations which have no place in a rational discussion.
We are dealing with the same question as in 1. above.
Perhaps I am on the wrong post. But not for the reasons you provided. Rather, it is because your hostility reveals a lack of intellectual honesty and unwillingness to entertain questions about your position. I suspect that you are not clear a out the moral principle upon which your opinion is grounded.
Hostile?
No, not really.
The opinion on the Hep B vaccine was decided decades ago.

It's difficult to take you seriously when simple spelling errors which are easily prevented escape you.

Now, actually go back in the records, cited literature, the Office of Special Masters in VICP and read.....learn.

Read journal studies from the 1950's & beyond, not just the studies printed in English, translate studies.
Gain a more rounded understanding.
Until then. You simply lack the background to speak (or even spell) intelligently on the subject.

<hint>
We know there is a subset of genetically predisposed individuals who should not receive vaccines.
The Hannah Polings & Bailey Banks of the world.
Underlying conditions which are easily identified.
Simply spare them

OR..

Maybe we just have an epidemic of better diagnosticians? <<<(that's a joke, in case you didn't get it)
Armadillo

Paris, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2014

Judged:

Get Real wrote:
<quoted text>
Hostile?
No, not really.
The opinion on the Hep B vaccine was decided decades ago.
It's difficult to take you seriously when simple spelling errors which are easily prevented escape you.
Now, actually go back in the records, cited literature, the Office of Special Masters in VICP and read.....learn.
Read journal studies from the 1950's & beyond, not just the studies printed in English, translate studies.
Gain a more rounded understanding.
Until then. You simply lack the background to speak (or even spell) intelligently on the subject.
<hint>
We know there is a subset of genetically predisposed individuals who should not receive vaccines.
The Hannah Polings & Bailey Banks of the world.
Underlying conditions which are easily identified.
Simply spare them
OR..
Maybe we just have an epidemic of better diagnosticians? <<<(that's a joke, in case you didn't get it)
Thank you for confirming my suspicions. As of yet, you have not answered my queation.

You can read all the studies you wish, but unless you have been trained in the interpretation of medical literature then it is hard to for me to take your claims as being well-considered and informed.(In response to you comments about my proofreading.). Your repeated references to individual incidents suggests a lack of understanding of what constitutes scientific evidence. Again: does immunization do more harm than good?

It is to be noted that there are established criteria for being granted exemption from certain immunization requirements.

I repeat, your attitude is hostile. A number of your comments are on the level of calling people who question your pronouncements "dumb@sses". That is evidence that you cannot, or are not willing to, distinguish the issue at hand from a person expressing a judgment about that issue.

It is apparent that many on this thread are more interested in stroking each others egos than in furthering understanding of the topic.
Get Real

Lexington, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2014

Judged:

Armadillo wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for confirming my suspicions. As of yet, you have not answered my queation.
You can read all the studies you wish, but unless you have been trained in the interpretation of medical literature then it is hard to for me to take your claims as being well-considered and informed.(In response to you comments about my proofreading.). Your repeated references to individual incidents suggests a lack of understanding of what constitutes scientific evidence. Again: does immunization do more harm than good?
It is to be noted that there are established criteria for being granted exemption from certain immunization requirements.
I repeat, your attitude is hostile. A number of your comments are on the level of calling people who question your pronouncements "dumb@sses". That is evidence that you cannot, or are not willing to, distinguish the issue at hand from a person expressing a judgment about that issue.
It is apparent that many on this thread are more interested in stroking each others egos than in furthering understanding of the topic.
I'm not hostile. I'm bored.

Pop for a subscription to medscape or plos one.

Go back in published literature, to the time before medical schools were funded by the pharmaceutical industry....before the American Academy of Pediatrics got their cushy new offices paid for by Merck & Friends.

And so I don't come off as an ass, have a nice night.
Armadillo

Paris, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2014

Judged:

Get Real wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not hostile. I'm bored.
Pop for a subscription to medscape or plos one.
Go back in published literature, to the time before medical schools were funded by the pharmaceutical industry....before the American Academy of Pediatrics got their cushy new offices paid for by Merck & Friends.
And so I don't come off as an ass, have a nice night.
If you were bored, you would refrain from responding to my boring posts.

Again, you are unwilling or unable to answer the very basic question. Nor, have you shown evidence that you have the training to interpret medical research.

For those two reasons,
I question the veracity of your last statement.

Regards,

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Springfield Discussions

Search the Springfield Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 13 min fallen 141,229
Pill heads 6 hr That Cool 5
krogers doesn't like foodstamp shoppers or low ... (May '12) 9 hr Humble Prick 106
TN Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) 18 hr Sam The Man 8,589
Trustee Election Sun Vote for Poontang 3
Which club has the most women? Sun Tony 8
Fletcher Long & Company Jul 25 Cracker Jack 18
•••
•••
•••
Springfield Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Springfield Jobs