Doc Reprimanded For Painkiller Generosity

Aug 7, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WSMV-TV 4 News

In Robertson County, a doctor has been reprimanded by the state for being too generous with the painkillers.

Comments
1 - 19 of 19 Comments Last updated Jul 30, 2012

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2009

Judged:

This has been long overdue. From what I have come to understand prescription drugs have been booming in Robertson County for awhile now. I know I got Lortabs and Xanaxes every month while I lived there. I overdosed once and the doctor said he thought I had been selling my drugs. That explains the DA showing up at the office.

Personally, I think that the doctors and police, the judges and the lawyer, the whole lot of them are lodge members. I also believe the things they say and do behind closed doors would make your hair curl. Don't think that with the power available to these people that they wouldn't conspire against us.

My wife's cousin just died of a drug overdose at last month. That's just the way some wanted it to play out, and if it doesn't, don't worry, they will see to it that you get more drugs, more life destroying spirit dimming drugs.
Shirley Caudill

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2009

Judged:

It is time that the public is aware that there are doctors out there who do not have your best interest at heart!
Too many people are getting drugs they do not need and are becoming addicted to them...sometimes dying from them!
BobB

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2009

Judged:

Shirley Caudill wrote:
It is time that the public is aware that there are doctors out there who do not have your best interest at heart!
Too many people are getting drugs they do not need and are becoming addicted to them...sometimes dying from them!
A lot of the over-perscribed pain killers are being sold to others who are also addicted and dying, most paid for by our tax dollars through TennCare.

“I want to make it better...”

Since: May 07

Greenbrier, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2009

I was a patient of his. I found out that he was a "no-touch" doctor who would be more than happy to write an RX. I refused to see him again and changed doctors after sifting through the other doctors in his office. I had even called TennCare on him and his office about it.
Good thing he has finally been hit for it.
LCOOPE1

Clarksville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2009

I WONDER IF THIS IS ABOUT DR. RHODES AT THE SPRINGFIELD PAIN CLINIC. HE WAS MY SON'S PHYSICIAN AND MY SON WAS HIT BY A HIT AND RUN DRIVER AND HAD SEVERE INJURIES. TH IS DOCTOR PUT HIM ON MORPHINE AND KEPT INCREASING HIS MEDS. MY SON BECAME ADDICTED TO THEM AND WENT INTO WITHDRAWL SEIZURES. THEN HE WAS ARRESTED FOR SELLING HIS OWN PRESCRIPTIONS, WHICH HE DIDN'T, BECAUSE HE DID NOT HAVE THE RIGHT AMOUNT IN HIS BOTTLES. HE WAS TAKING TO MANY AND NOT SELLING THEM.

Greenbrier, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2009

Yes, it is about the Dr. Rhodes of whom you speak.
maggs

Greenbrier, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2010

Robertson county is known all across the state that this is were you come to get any thing you want DRUGS,PROSTITUTES,STOLEN GOODS,whatever you want it can be found hear and guess who the MAN is that controls all this,you know don't you STANLEY.

Greenbrier, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2010

Who is Stanley? I'm not familiar with the name...
not politically correct

Thompsons Station, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2010

As someone in the medical field, I'm surprised at how many people just take their doctors word. Any time I'm prescribed a medication I research it and look up all the facts and side effects. When the state allows there to be "Pain Clinics" what do they think is going to happen??? Anyone can read a pamphlet and remember the symptoms and go tell their doctor what their , so called, symptoms are. When you have people going to the ER for some stupid crap like a damned bug bite and they want Lortab for it, that's a problem.(true story) Our government needs to be drug testing people on TennCare and if they test positive then guess what... OOPS, you lost your TennCare. They should also not pay for dumb crap that people go to the ER for, if it's not life threatening then either go to your PCP or get over it. You people would be amazed at the things people go to the ER for.
rex fox

Bolzano, Italy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2010

happy days
just watchin

Clarksville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2011

Ldydrgn wrote:
Who is Stanley? I'm not familiar with the name...
Ah the fine Dr. Rhodes he reminds me of that "rollin stones " song .."goin to the" shelter of the mother,s little helper

Since: Nov 11

Ashland City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2012

just watchin wrote:
<quoted text> Ah the fine Dr. Rhodes he reminds me of that "rollin stones " song .."goin to the" shelter of the mother,s little helper
My guess is that the STANLY might be a Robertson County Sheriffs Deputy
gracious

Hendersonville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2012

I guess all the pill junkies will get a job now...yeahhhh no more tabs...no more xxxx and no more morphine...I'm tired of paying for yalls damn pill addition
Questionable

Hendersonville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2012

Judged:

A female doctor in Springfield does the same thing. All her patients who are prescribed narcotics have to take a pee test each visit to make sure the narcotics are in their system and not selling them. Sit in her parking and look at her patients. I know a patient of hers who is prescribed Oxycontin, Percoset, Somas and 120 Xanax a month for back pain. I may be wrong, but I call this over prescribing.
Real

Hendersonville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2012

Judged:

Quit blaming doctors for your drug use. Quit y'all make me sick
Real

Hendersonville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2012

Judged:

maggs wrote:
Robertson county is known all across the state that this is were you come to get any thing you want DRUGS,PROSTITUTES,STOLEN GOODS,whatever you want it can be found hear and guess who the MAN is that controls all this,you know don't you STANLEY.
So do not blame the doctor
greenacres

Springfield, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

Judged:

both of them are still practicing.........their regulars call it "90, 90 and 90" Lortab, Xanax and Soma. I am a nurse practitioner and call tell you that the only possible medical condition that that dose of meds would only POSSIBLY be good for in a one month time period is for terminal cancer. Maybe one month supply to get through a terrible injury, also, but NOT month after month after month. It is very sad.
leah

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2012

Dr. Cantrell in town is nothing more than a legal drug dealer. She will give anything. I know from experience. I am in recovery from Lortab addiction. At one point I wanted to stop but couldn't get past the withdrawals, so i went to her. I told her I was an addict. She gave me 180 Lortab pills and told me to try to wean off....Are ya kidding?! Addicts don't wean off...duh. Thankfully I found help with a REAL doctor.
WHOSINIT

Gallatin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2012

I don't know why someone doesn't check out the Pain Clinic and Dr. Rhodes. Neither do I understand why an upstanding christian and city alderman makes 2 trips daily there at the back door, can someone explain that one? I think this should be looked into, but no one seems to want to do anything to stop this legalized drug facility. Yet, no one in the City can shoot fire works because of a riot! Why don't this town get their priorities in order. In my opinion, fireworks are far better contained that drugs.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Springfield Forum right now

Search the Springfield Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 18 min WTSenior 141,702
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 4 hr WTH 8,985
Screwed at Sonic Thu That Cool 8
krogers doesn't like foodstamp shoppers or low ... (May '12) Wed Watching 108
TN Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) Jul 30 jarda 8,594
Adrianna Wix and Jennifer Wix (Feb '06) Jul 30 Hope 7,619
Ride, Race & Remember for Jennifer & Adrianna Wix Jul 30 Hope 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Springfield Jobs

•••