United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2012

Judged:

I'm sorry to hear the problem you have encountered with this crappy company. They hide behind the name that is associated with a Christian title. It's ashame and (yes) in the end they will have to answer for it.
I have had a daughter that lived in one of their units and was served with a no clause eviction. So it just so happened that she had access to a lawyer. This lawyer looked into their account and found that this company practices scamming people who are low income. With the finding and backing of the lawyer they backed down because they knew there would be a law suit against them and my daughter would have won. So if you feel you have been wronged .. You must know you have rights. but no matter where you move into it's absolutly important to take pictures and document everything that is wrong and how many times you called for repairs and exactly what was done. It's important to write all this up and send dated copies to this company and to yourself. This way you have a posted date on the information to prove that you are telling the truth. You as a renter have rights and this company is banking on that you don't know how to figure that out and they will take your money from you. It's obvious what they are doing because mostly a couple months just before tax time they start kicking people out and then starts the next round of scams. Good luck to you.. take it to court and stand up for yourself!
carolyn yoxall

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2012

A current tenant wrote:
I have live with Hosanna Real Estate for over 6 yars and have NEVER had any problems! I am very thankful that they evict drug additcs who are not clean. If you have issues with them it is because you either don't pay your rent or you do drugs.
Really!!!! We are a hard working family. One year around Christmas my mom was visiting from Florida and the water heater busted. The entire apartment downstairs was completely flooded at least 1 foot deep. Novak new this and didn't wanna fix it!!!! When I spoke to him he said, and I quote, " well be thanks full for you have a roof over your families heads". Don't ever think he will not turn on you. Give it time he most certainly will!!!! He also knew about all of the drug needles on the property. He did nothing!!!! Because he flat out doesn't give a crap!!!! He is truly the lord of all the scum bags in the world!!!! My mom paid us to get out of that, extremely toxic area and away from novak.
carolyn yoxall

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2012

It does not matter. What you do to fight this guy. The courts are obviously not smart enough to question this jerk. Some of us with brain activity Have to question who he has in his pockets. This jerk should have been shut down years ago but nobody cares. According to renters so called rights we have none against the guy. Gee I wonder why that is.
carolyn yoxall

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2012

Judged:

This guy is the devil himself!!!!
thankful in eugene

Eugene, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2012

Judged:

One who sees the truth wrote:
I've heard that the company itself seeks out bad data that can make them look unreputable. Then they put their own comments in. For heavensake. who would know it was you? Well I do. Good try Tom but no one believes that the person who wrote this was someone who really rented from you.
<quoted text>
You are sooooo wrong i know the truth i live there and have had no problems with anything or anyone thank God for Tom Novack and Hosanna realty!
nameless

Eugene, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2012

Judged:

I amongst many saw the dive that you called an apartment and I am sure that they couldn't get the smell out of the place. The stink of too many cats in a house is next to impossible to get out. Think a little bit before you bash somebody when obviously it was your poor housekeeping and health standards that caused them to charge you for how bad the place was when you left. They probably had to replace all the carpet, at least what was left of it after your mangy mutt chewed it up.
nameless

Eugene, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2012

Judged:

nicole coluna wrote:
My boyfriend and i lived in a hosanna apartment and we got a no cause termination notice. they said it was in the contract they didnt want use to read just sign.(we were young and didnt know any better.) they kept all deposits and charged us for stuff that wasnt broken. I would never recomend a friend or anyone to hosanna.
I amongst many saw the dive that you called an apartment and I am sure that they couldn't get the smell out of the place. The stink of too many cats in a house is next to impossible to get out. Think a little bit before you bash somebody when obviously it was your poor housekeeping and health standards that caused them to charge you for how bad the place was when you left. They probably had to replace all the carpet, at least what was left of it after your mangy mutt chewed it up.
Seriously Confused

Eugene, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

I am a tenant of Hosanna Real Estate. I also have been given a 60 day no-cause termination notice. I wish I would have read these reviews before I moved in. I guess they don't want hard working people who pay their rent on time to live in these apartments. I guess they need to keep recycling all the tenants... There leaves a lot to be desired with this company. Thank goodness I have access to a lawyer, and know many managers of apartment complexes, Thank goodness I know my rights!
Thanks

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Wow I just saw one of their ads for a unit and was interested.. After reading these posts they definitely lost my business.
Tenant then_homeowner now

Hillsboro, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

I rented from Novack Properties. I was only 17 and he turned a blind eye to that fact and let me move in with little deposit. Eventually I moved out to move in with my boyfriend, and I considered us to be "on good terms".
5 years later, when I went to purchase my own home, i was informed that Novack Properties had a judgement against me for almost $100 in fees. I went to look up the court records, as I had never been notified of any hearing, let alone judgement. evidently, Novack Properties had attempted to sue me for thousands while I was living out of state (I was never notified). They had no evidence and lost, but the judge did allow them a judgement of slightly over $100 for something or another.
I went to pay Tom, so that I could sign the papers on my house. I told him I needed it done as quickly as possible. he informed me that I would need to pay him $4000 in order to sign off the judgement, or I could "kiss my home goodbye".
Little did he know I was not his typical "low income resident". I have money, and hired a lawyer, who threatened his license and to sue him for extortion. my attorney gave him until 5pm to come get his check and sign the release. He slunk in with his tail between his legs at 4:55pm that evening.
This guy is a slum lord, extortionist, and fraud. Please, save yourself some trouble, and do NOT rent from him. And if you do, and he tries anything like this, FIGHT IT. The courts know him, the judges know him. Go to court, fight the fees he tries to slap you with.
Current tenant Florida

Lake Wales, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

They have recently bought my apt complex. They aren't great but they aren't the worst relators. They switch my deposit over when I moved into a bigger apt but are refusing to provide me with a mail box key.luckly I have good mail man that will hand deliver my mail to my door. They are impossible to actually get in contact with. I recently called saying il take it out if my rent and provide a copy of the receipt and they sent a letter threating legal action if I did that and it is my responbilty to pay for one then provide them with the key when my lease is up. This is my only complaint they aren't the worst but they aren't the best either
JJpk

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

A current tenant wrote:
I have live with Hosanna Real Estate for over 6 yars and have NEVER had any problems! I am very thankful that they evict drug additcs who are not clean. If you have issues with them it is because you either don't pay your rent or you do drugs.
keep thinking like that you stupid Bad word . I'm willing to bet you've got gbjr poster. I hope someone steals ur identity and rams you with a 23,000 debt. See how long your apt manager can go without rent.
Popeye6279

Eugene, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2014

WATCH OUT EUGENE/SPRINGFIELD/ this company and the people they associate with ARE SLUM OF ALL SLUM especially at thanksgiving NO Cause termination 60 days, and PUT my last months rent together with deposit LOL PLEASE SPREAD THIS BE WARE!!!!!!!!!
Popeye6279

Eugene, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2014

To conclude my previous message: my wife and I are good tenants, Hosanna makes up things as they go to try and evict you! If you have a previous agreement with the landlords of the property in which you are living in, don't let Hosanna Try and jerk you around. I was born and raised in the Eugene Springfield area 35 yrs to be exact. So you can say I know many many people, and to put me, my wife, and my 4 yr old daughter out at thanksgiving, Christmas, and New year's, 2013/14 , and not offer, another rental is pretty bad for your reputation. And then to paint our reputation as to " Oh we put your last month's rent and deposite together, to cover any damage or holes in walls you might have made"(ARE YOU KIDDING ME) EUGENE AND SPRINGFIELD OREGON PLEASE READ, AND HEAD THE OTHER DIRECTION WHEN THINKING OF RENTING TO THESE SLUM LORDS LIKE THIS!
Popeye6279

Eugene, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2014

Landlords are Kim and Curtis Harris at 4444 And 4442 Aster St in Springfield, OR they wanted us out even before our 60 day no cause termination, But at the holidays how pitiful Hosanna and Harris's not very nice!!
advocate angels

Eugene, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2014

I suggest filing us attorney consumer fraud formal complaint asap
Kevin Swanson Eugene Or

Eugene, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2014

Well I'm signing up !!!!!!!!!! I heard something about the group putting on rallie have successfully assisted tenants in suing past landlords. They have helped a buddy of mine and they even raised the legal fund money for him . Everyone no matter your lack of income gets help. The advocate that helped my buddy was really understanding and got him the help . I will try to post the contact number but the group is pretty aggressive in getting landlords back in line .
Previous Tentant x2

Springfield, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2014

For Your Information wrote:
Hello folks. If you are looking for a cheap place to live. You may want to think twice about renting here. This company is currently under heavy investigation for fraud. It's always good to check on the reputation of the home owner or Real Estate business before you settle.
Hope this helps.
I rented from Tom in 1995/96 and moved out clear of owing anything. He kept deposits. Then rerented from him in 2008 and because of my situation upon putting in my application, after his daughter went over my app with him he said he would review it and let me know in a few days. I get a phone call from him and he said he'd rent to me but in his records it says I owe him $650.00 from moving out over 10 years ago. And I wound have to pay that first and be charged a high risk renter fee of $350.00. All before he'd rent to me. When I asked to see this report of me owing him money. He said it was in the Archives and would take a couple weeks to locate.( if you know Tom Novak, you know that if anyone owes him money he will take it to court ) and i never had anything filed agaist me) Once again he knew I needed a place to live ASAP. So he planned this. But upon moving out of the most recent place, well let's just say he is trying to scam the Insurance company by double dipping. And I have all the paperwork to prove it. He already got paid from insurance and is trying to collect from same incident only not from insurance but from Tentant..
Previous Tentant x2

Springfield, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2014

carolyn yoxall wrote:
<quoted text> Really!!!! We are a hard working family. One year around Christmas my mom was visiting from Florida and the water heater busted. The entire apartment downstairs was completely flooded at least 1 foot deep. Novak new this and didn't wanna fix it!!!! When I spoke to him he said, and I quote, " well be thanks full for you have a roof over your families heads". Don't ever think he will not turn on you. Give it time he most certainly will!!!! He also knew about all of the drug needles on the property. He did nothing!!!! Because he flat out doesn't give a crap!!!! He is truly the lord of all the scum bags in the world!!!! My mom paid us to get out of that, extremely toxic area and away from novak.
He is toxic, I rented from him and I already knew not to call him for nothing. But when I had to it was all bad... My cealing heat went out and I called and called,( dead of winter) then a repair guy came out just to tell me that he could not fix it and he would be back to put in a little wall heater to heat entire house. Well he came the following week and installed a wall heater under the stairs ( lol) right along the electric wiring that went to celing heat. I asked him if that was smart but he said not to worry. Well as I suspected one day my entire house was Uhm about 95 degrees and the downstairs celing was hot. Well when the "repair" guy put in heater he removed the thermostat that controlled the celing heat. And so I had no way to turn off heat. An of course
I called and tried to explain it to maintenance and the would not listen. No call back or nothing.
At all cost stay away.....
Previous Tentant x2

Springfield, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2014

carolyn yoxall wrote:
It does not matter. What you do to fight this guy. The courts are obviously not smart enough to question this jerk. Some of us with brain activity Have to question who he has in his pockets. This jerk should have been shut down years ago but nobody cares. According to renters so called rights we have none against the guy. Gee I wonder why that is.
Well we do have right against him. Believe me the courts know he's a no-good slum lord. But what really happens is he rents to people who either have backgrounds that keep them from standing up for themselves in the eye of authority, or are living the type of lifestyle that detours them from following up on his scamming, unethical, inhumane tactics. So when he evicts his tenants and keeps there deposits along with suing for $1000 of $1's in damage or
repairs, he showes up to court but the Tentant does not So he wins. Only 2% of them do show up

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of45
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Springfield Discussions

Search the Springfield Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
OR Who do you support for Governor in Oregon in 2010? (Oct '10) Jul 3 What is 201
hypothetical return (Oct '13) Jun 30 guest 28
Police: Victim suffered multiple stab wounds to... Jun 29 Coos bay gotten stabbed 1
16-year-old Eugene Girl Dies, Two Arrested (Dec '09) Jun 28 Blownaway 3
The dramatic history of American sex-ed films Jun '14 scotsdogger_08 1
Legal battle brewing in B.C. over temporary for... Apr '14 soon it is Good Friday 1
Who do you support for State Senate in Oregon (... (Oct '10) Apr '14 Joey 5
•••

Fire Warning for Lane County was issued at July 22 at 10:54PM PDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Springfield Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••