Eugene Police investigate vehicle-bicycle crash on River Road [UPDATE: 8/29/11 at 10 p.m.]

Full story: MyEugene.org

Eugene Police are investigating a vehicle-bike crash that occurred at 7:04 p.m. this evening in the 2600 block of River Road and released this statement: "Preliminary information indicates a female on a bike, Mingo Shay Pelkey, age 39, of Eugene, was riding her bike northbound on River Road between Green Lane and Hunsaker and changed lanes from the ... (more)
Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Oct 8, 2011
littlelady

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2011

So has anyone hear about the guy Jim Gleich who killed cyclist on River Road how on Aug 22nd 6 days before his house was robbed. has anyone come across article or anything. thank u
Midwest is best

Coffeyville, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2011

I lived there for 7 years and found that cyclists are very irresponsible in general. They blow through red lights, and when they nearly git hit they cuss and flip off the people THEY pulled in front of. Cyclists act like everyone in the world is responsible for their safety except for them. I remember Portland was giving out FREE bicycle lamps, and this idiot called a radio show and said "I don't need a light, I can see fine at night! The radio show host replied "It's so drivers can see you dumbass !" What really gets me is most of these bicyclists are older people. I don't really feel sorry for they when they get hit.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Springfield Discussions

Search the Springfield Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
hypothetical return (Oct '13) Sun guest 30
Review: Hosanna Real Estate Svc (Oct '08) Jul 16 julia 45
OR Who do you support for Governor in Oregon in 2010? (Oct '10) Jul 3 What is 201
Police: Victim suffered multiple stab wounds to... Jun 29 Coos bay gotten stabbed 1
16-year-old Eugene Girl Dies, Two Arrested (Dec '09) Jun '14 Blownaway 3
The dramatic history of American sex-ed films Jun '14 scotsdogger_08 1
Legal battle brewing in B.C. over temporary for... Apr '14 soon it is Good Friday 1
•••

Fire Warning for Lane County was issued at July 29 at 3:53AM PDT

•••
•••
•••
Springfield Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Springfield Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000