Review: Hysteria City.com
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Phillip

United States

#42 Oct 28, 2011
Don't waste your time or money! I spent a small fortune last week to take my wife, 3 kids and they each brought a friend. My youngest wasn't feeling well so we ended up waiting in the car. After almost 2 hours the others had only made it through two of the haunts because the lines were very long and slow. You wait substantially longer in line than you spend on the short trip through the haunts. We asked empoyees if we could come back another time and use the rest of our tickets when it wasn't so busy and everyone felt better, they said "YES" Tonight I brought back one of my kids and some new guests and the bitch in the ticket booth would NOT let us use our tickets from last week, which was most of what we had purchsed. They try to pack as many people in the door to get your money and don't care if you make it through all of the haunts or not or how long the lines and wait times are. They are a bunch of crooks! The corn maze is cheaper and better. The majority of the costumes and make up on the Hysteria City staff is Walmart quality at best. What a fucking racket! I will never go back and I will share my experience of being ripped off and lied to with everyone I can.
Kelli

Eugene, OR

#43 Oct 29, 2011
Thank you to those who let others know it is too expensive for what it is. I had a coupon from super savvy and still thought the price was a little too high for the experience but I was excited to go to a good haunted house, so I was going to spend the money. Thank you for saving me the hassle. :)
Emmalie

United States

#44 Oct 29, 2011
Does anyone know how this compares to the corn-maze? a group of my family and friends went to the corn-maze two weeks ago and it wasn't very scary. four of us are planning to go to Hysteria tonight but I'm concerned its not going to be better then the corn-maze.
if you had to choose between them which one would you go to?
ARIPOFF

Portland, OR

#45 Oct 30, 2011
stupid not scary and lame every haunted house sucked!
and there were not thousands there were barely over a hundred on saturday the 29th went to the corn maze and stood in line for hours now that was awesome! Was there til 3 am.

Doubt Hysterical City will be around long word of mouth is it overall sucks!
ARIPOFF

Portland, OR

#46 Oct 30, 2011
Scott wrote:
Hysteria City is Oregon's #1 Halloween event featuring four extreme and exciting haunted adventures in a city of screams!
TOO BIG TOO MISS!
40,00 square ft. of Halloween excitement and fun!
Print this post and bring it to the ticket booth for $2 off any $12,$20, or $25 ticket!
Time to move to a new location one where no one knows what a rip off your event is. Wonder why your place didn't have long lines outside. Word of mouth man and your haunted houses are not worth the price you charge. Seriously consider moving on next year!
springfieldgirl

Portland, OR

#47 Oct 31, 2011
We have a staff of 48 persons per night in all age groups from the very old to the very young. Our kids are with their parents at our event at all times.

That is a flat out lie!!! Funny how the children disappeared after all the complaints there were kids slidding around and running the haunts the first night I went then there were none when I was dragged back by my neices friends for a bday party

Seems these people Scott and Kristy are just gypsy liars and chamber of commerce should shut them down Liars
Ticketing

Vancouver, WA

#48 Nov 15, 2011
It was C L E A R L Y posted at the ticket booth that "TICKETS ARE VALID ONLY FOR THE DATE THAT THEY ARE PURCHASED". Sorry you didn't take the time to read the literature.

We do ask that anyone who purchases a ticket also takes the time to read the rules posted at the ticket booth. Also, since we do have a large turnout every year understand that, yes, you will have to wait in line - especially if you show up on a Friday or Saturday night.
Scott

Vancouver, WA

#49 Dec 30, 2011
Hey guys,
Were working on the haunt grounds for the 3rd year in a row! Thanks for all who came out and had a good time! It's because of your support that we are able to keep expanding on the event. 2012 will be even better and bigger as the event is ever growing and improving.
We work on the event all year long to enhance detail, effects, audio, maze upgrades and much more. We add more scares, and excitement each and every year all while trying to keep everybody moving when it's busy.
I wish those that have negative to say about our great event please contact me personally. I wish to hear your criticisms in an effort to add those elements in which you are missing. A complaint on- line does not tell me why you did not have fun, specifically.
Please see our Haunt Vlogs to see how hard we work on the event:
http:www.youtube.com/hauntguy
You will also see unsuspecting victims comparing our haunts to Disney attractions... for real.
Let us know what you want in a family attraction!
(Remember we want kids to come to the event too!)
I'll add a space on my website for your ideas:
hysteriacity.com
Anyway, were still here.. and growing! Check us out in 2012 to get more great Halloween fun & excitement!
big fan

Puyallup, WA

#50 May 29, 2012
Yay
Bigger bags and more transients!
CBB

Eugene, OR

#51 Oct 1, 2012
I went to your haunted house last year. Stood in line for each event for 15 to 30 minutes each. The cost of admission is "WAY" to high, should be no more than %5.00 to $7.00, not $15.00.
Think before you attend!
bluzeman

United States

#52 Sep 26, 2017
rip off is the key word.
Worked for this egomaniac.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Oregon gets F grade in 2015 State Integrity Inv... (May '17) Feb 2 linda Barrow 2
News Hillary Clinton, Cher, Snoop and others read a ... Jan 29 Truth 3
Pump gas Jan '18 Hee Hee 3
Graveyard carz (Jan '15) Dec '17 mopar 1 5
Oregon will lose to Boise State Dec '17 Worst team 1
Willie Taggart left Oregon for Florida State Dec '17 Worst team 1
Review: Nationwide Cleaning Co Inc (Oct '08) Dec '17 Jeffrey Rosas 4

Springfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Springfield Mortgages