Review: Hysteria City.com

Posted in the Springfield Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Droris Anderson

Eugene, OR

#1 Oct 20, 2010
I feel you should have prices posted on this web site. I came here looking for prices I also tried calling your phone number. is this a ploy to not tell people this information? my e-mail is [email protected]
Jessica

Springfield, OR

#2 Oct 22, 2010
The price for the haunted house is 15 bucks each! hope this helps!
Shannon

Salem, OR

#3 Oct 24, 2010
I originally heard that this was a great haunted house, small children not recommended... Right.
Send your elementary aged children with their allowance money, but don't waste your time joining them. They do not need you. This haunted house amounted to a couple ghouls jumping out from corners saying, "Rar." I left (after a combined total of 4 hours standing in lines) extremely disappointed. If the price were $5 it may have been worth it. Maybe.
Aimee

United States

#4 Oct 29, 2010
Last years haunted house at the old Springfield Waremart was amazing...this years, definitely not worth $15!! I wanted to be scared....not stand in line for an hour to walk through a maze of black plywood! We rushed through the "HYSTERIA HOTEL" by a 14 year old little brat that kept telling us to "hurry up"! I won't be back next year if the same people are running this circus. I get more scared walking my dog in downtown Springfield....and that's during the day.
Kayla

United States

#5 Oct 30, 2010
awful...dont waste time or money. Like she said I could have brought my 4 year old and she would have enjoyed it. With all the hype on the website I figured it would be awesome but no not at all.
Dan

Springfield, OR

#6 Oct 31, 2010
After hearing the radio commercials about how scary this was supposed to be and checking out the website my girlfriend and I decided to leave the kids at home and get scared silly. Biggest waste of time and money ever. This "haunted city" was nothing like the pictures or description on the website. Like others have said, it was just a bunch of plywood with someone popping out every once in awhile, and the "city" was a couple of vendors.

I can see now why the policy is no refunds. Can't make a profit when you are giving everybody their money back because your service sucks.
Anthony Micheal Roberts

Eugene, OR

#7 Nov 1, 2010
Me and my wife and 4yr old daughter attended the event w/ RIP passes and were givin enough tickets for 4 trips a piece thru the Haunted houses. My daughter , while in my arms, was screamed at to the point of voilent shaking by some idiot that thought scaring the crap0 out of a 4 yr old was his idea of being tough. Needless to say, we didn t use any more of the tickets left from the RIP passes.
So, going by the rules of this site , we transfered the tickets to a friend of mine so him and his son could enjoy it rather than b--ch about it. When he returned to use the unused tickets, they were taken from him and he was made to purchase more tickets at 50.00 bucks for them both.

If you say the tickets are transferable on your Q and A page, then are you expecting the person your giving them to, to show up on the same day?
WTF? these are suppose to be transferable? Dont get me wrong, the majority of actors were simpathetic to her and paid enough attention to see that she just needed to see it wasnt real. My front yard was as good as your show, and it doesnt bother her at all. Screaming does!!!!!!!!!!111
though, continuous screaming. So how do we resolve this issue? We didnt ask for a refund, that was clear, but fairness at 25.00 bucks a head would be nice considering our ONE FRIGGIN TRIP thru only 1 of your huanted walks was all we redeemed.
Anybody else have the same problem?
Anthony Micheal Roberts

Eugene, OR

#8 Nov 1, 2010
Oh by the way, if you ld like to send me an email about what I had to say its [email protected]
Scott

Vancouver, WA

#10 Jun 29, 2011
The haunted houses have been completely refurbished for 2011 an are extremely scary. The entire scream park is awesome this year and promises more scares than ever!
jblondiej

Eugene, OR

#11 Oct 2, 2011
Just click on the buy tickets now button on their website. It's $20 per person.
jimbobblow

Portland, OR

#12 Oct 4, 2011
Had an awesome time last year CAN'T Wait to be scared out of my wits. I'm wearing depends this year! PS if you're bringing young children...go to the early show. The night show is for ADULTS!
Joanna

Vancouver, WA

#13 Oct 10, 2011
We went on the night of their canned food drive. It was the middle of the week so the lines weren't too long, and we saved $2 each with the food donation. I thought the haunted houses were pretty good. I had never been to a haunted house before and I was nervous going through them. It was kinda scary, but it was fun! I would probably go again.
Brook

Eugene, OR

#14 Oct 13, 2011
Hysteria City is hysterical. I literally laughed the whole way through at myself for being so totally swindled. That was the biggest waste of money I have ever encountered. The entire ride home, my husband and I had a bitch fest on the sheer jack-assery the children running this "haunted house."
It is rather apparent why the website so many times mentions that they do not grant refunds.
Rob

United States

#15 Oct 15, 2011
I wanna know about this coupon in the savvy saver booklet is it good for $5.00 off all tickets purchased? or is only good for 1 ticket? you really should have explained this coupon more throughly on your website or on the coupon advertisment,also the idea of no phone number or contact information on your website is really tacky!
Tara

Vancouver, WA

#16 Oct 18, 2011
We weren't going to go this year but my friend won some tickets. It was much better than last year except the clown one is way to short. They should make it longer with more scares in it. I would recommend this over the corn maze.
Kristy

Vancouver, WA

#17 Oct 18, 2011
The Savvy Saver $5.00 off coupon is good for up to four people.
Jason

Vancouver, WA

#18 Oct 19, 2011
It was a total waste of time and money, I got more pissed off then scared! We waited 50 minutes in line for the "time machine" and the entire time the guy runnIng it was a complete jerk to us and when we finally got to go on it lasted two minutes and was crap! The only half way decent haunt was the undertakers house and that too was stupid, I got a headache after everything was done because the only thing the people that work there do when you're in one of the mazes is yell at the top of there lungs at you! Never again will I go to that neither will I recommend it.
Chris Kerle

Alhambra, CA

#19 Oct 20, 2011
Scott, you obviously are an "actor" at this so called haunted house. Because there is no way in hell any one could think that Hysteria City was scary. The only thing scary about that place, is that you guys are charging $5 a ticket entry fee. Btw... I believe you guys may be violating child labor laws considering every "actor" appeared to be under the age of 12!
Scott wrote:
The haunted houses have been completely refurbished for 2011 an are extremely scary. The entire scream park is awesome this year and promises more scares than ever!
Clay

United States

#20 Oct 21, 2011
So, it's the overall consensus that this place is a waist of time and money? Thinking about making the drive from southern part of the state...but not if it's a waist!
Scott

Vancouver, WA

#21 Oct 22, 2011
So, please let me know personally if you don't have a good time. It seems you are only but a few out of the 1000's that have had a wonderful time at our event.
Do you work at another haunt? Please let me know you concerns personally as so I can address them.
We have a staff of 48 persons per night in all age groups from the very old to the very young. Our kids are with their parents at our event at all times.
Our staff is trained to act and do a great job of it.
We are not blood and gore. We do not do that. It is not needed for a great Halloween experience in our opinion.
Hysteria City is dedicated to a great Halloween experience for EVERYBODY not, just those looking for high gore, violence and rudeness. We have kids at our event and families so we must be concerned about some content.
Also, we must be compliant with safety and fire regulations that prohibit some "Home Haunt" style stunts and gags. This is a safe, fun, scary and exciting event all the way through.
I personally ride the Pedi cab picking up customers and checking reactions to the event. They freakin' love it.
I'm sorry a few don't. Please let me know personally at the event if you have questions or concerns. I will give you a personal tour and show you exactly what it takes to put this MASSIVE event into action!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Yodhheh (Aug '14) Jun 27 anonymous 42
Apartments Jun '17 Schaccllepp 2
Does anyone know John Olai Foss (Mar '13) Jun '17 Frankie Ruhlen 5
News UA adjunct professor resigned after "sick joke"... (Jul '06) Jun '17 kauna 2
News Anti-Shariah rallies this weekend worry Muslim ... Jun '17 Yidfellas v USA 1
Springfield prosecute your Code Enforcement a... May '17 sad springfield 1
Enjoy ramming bicyclists? May '17 todays news 1

Springfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Springfield Mortgages