Does murderer Diane Downs deserve parole?

Nov 28, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KVAL-TV Eugene

In May 1983, a mother pulled her car to the side of a rural road in Springfield, Ore., and shot her three children.

Comments
1 - 10 of 10 Comments Last updated Sep 22, 2012
meye

Eugene, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2008

Judged:

No way does she deserve parole!
Kathy M

Albany, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2008

Judged:

Anyone that can shoot her own kids has no reason being out of jail. She would do it again if they got in her way of a man.
SaM

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2008

Judged:

Absolutely not, she is STILL to this day not remorseful, and would kill again if anyone got in her way. She should have gotten the death penalty, but since that did not happen, she needs to ROT IN JAIL. Just my humble opinion
Tracy

Eugene, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2008

Judged:

I would think that people claiming to christian you all have lousy way of showing it. God teaches us to forgive. I think that she should be give the benfit of doubt. I honestly think the motivation she had in 1983 no longer there. I am Security Officer and I would think that Diane has served time. I would think she should granted limited parol. Her movement and Association should be monitored. One violation she goes back serve out her entire sentance.

That's where I stand
SaM

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2008

Judged:

Tracy wrote:
I would think that people claiming to christian you all have lousy way of showing it. God teaches us to forgive. I think that she should be give the benfit of doubt. I honestly think the motivation she had in 1983 no longer there. I am Security Officer and I would think that Diane has served time. I would think she should granted limited parol. Her movement and Association should be monitored. One violation she goes back serve out her entire sentance.
That's where I stand
...and if in that one violation (GOD FORBID)you or a loved one got in her way and she killed you/them, how would you feel then? As a Christian the Bible also proclaims an "eye for an eye" and I am no Bible scholar, but that is pretty clear to me. I am not here to judge her, the only true judge is God, but when you do something bad/illegal you pay for it and this is a sentence from a jury of her peers, and should be carried out to the fullest. Were you around Eugene when this happened, and did you feel your little children were in danger as we did? If so you may not be so quick to cast judgement on how I should feel.
Big John

Canton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2008

Judged:

1. The bible teaches to only forgive when forgiveness is sincerely asked for.
2. The woman would have to ask her children to forgive her. They are the only ones who can forgive her (besides God). She cannot do that because they are dead.
3. To forgive does not mean to forget or remove the consequences for the offender's actions. People must still suffer the consequences of their actions.
4. I AM a bible scholar.
Big John

Canton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2008

Benefit of the doubt? Let her live in your home and you be responsible for her actions if released.
Katie

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2009

Tracy wrote:
That's where I stand
Tracy, my guess is that you are really a teenager by your terrible grammatical errors and inability to use logic! Does your momma know you post on these message boards? lol
Katie

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2009

I lived in Marcola when Diane made the claim that some bushy haired guy shot her and her kids and even though I was only a kid myself, I knew instantly that she was full of it!
The road she was on that night is a windy, dark country road and I know it well. Not many people lived on it back then and no one would be stupid enough to be out there without a car. A bushy haired man walking on it makes no sense whatsoever because it is a road that goes no where, it branches off of 1 main road and 1 less traveled road and unless you know the only 3 people who lived on it back then, you would avoid it because if your car ever broke down it is a very long way back to Springfield or Marcola. Even hitch-hikers knew better than to go down that road, no one ever used it!
So it was easy for me to believe Diane was lying.
She would also frequent the local Springfield bar scene. My boyfriends older sister said that she use to work at one of the bars back in 1981 to 1985, Diane would tramp in with her high-heeled boots and heavy caked on make-up and try to pick up on any guy who showed interest in her and when she started getting sympathy from the locals for her far fetched story about being shot, she would bask in the attention she would get from people and use it to manipulate her situation for her own selfish purposes, she was disgusting to watch.
23434057abc

Bradenton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Wow.

YOur father did not want you. Your husband did not want you, your lover did not want you, the TAX payers DO not want you. Your children sure as hell do not want you. Take a f'n hint, you f'n garbage.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Springfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Hosanna Real Estate Svc (Oct '08) Aug 17 Past tenant 47
protesting for an animal? Aug 17 Christian protester 2
Debate: Marijuana - Eugene, OR (Aug '10) Aug 14 Reaperod 52
Yodhheh Aug 14 nobody 5
looking for black Aug 9 BabyJay_247 2
Do you like to read Sci-Fi Aug 6 Tom_H 1
hypothetical return (Oct '13) Jul 27 guest 30

Search the Springfield Forum:
•••
•••