Our downtown springfield

El Monte, CA

#1 Dec 13, 2012
What do you all think of downrtown and can it be saved or more businesses brought there?

Dublin, OH

#2 Dec 14, 2012
In my opinion, Springfield is its own cancer. There is a large drug problem, too many uneducated, too many on public assistance, and too many slum lords for this place to ever be nice. Why would new business want to move to Springfield when there isn't nice neighborhoods or schools for the management teams that would have to relocate, the population can't pass a drug test to work there, or the education level is too low for modern technology unless it involves working a tv or a cell phone?

Dayton, OH

#3 Jan 25, 2013
Have you at least been to downtown Springfield recently? There's an influx on new business and lots of people downtown these days. Yes, there are some bad areas, drug use and slum lords, but tell me a city that doesn't have these problems.
Just since thanksgiving, there are 3 new businesses downtown in old abandoned store fronts that have been remodeled into beautiful, modern spaces.

Springfield, OH

#4 Jan 27, 2013
Three new businesses don't even begin to put a dent in the problem. And the fact that other cities have drug problems...why would you make excuses for problems like that? Who cares what is going on in other cities. If people were killing blondes in other cities and it started happening here is that the statement you would want to make?

Only when the residents start taking pride in their home, only when they face life and stop looking for chemical escapes, and only when they want to have it better will it actually happen. And three new businesses in downtown is not what I was referring to. I'm talking about all of the large employers who have looked at Springfield over the years and have turned down numerous tax incentives to move here because of the environment. Three new businesses in downtown may employ what...10 to 20 people? Springfield needs large manufacturing and distributions coming in to employ people by the hundreds.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Remembering old bars.... (Jul '11) Oct 3 Outoftowner 160
Murders in Springfield (Jul '11) Oct 3 Nobody 88
Regis ? (Nov '14) Oct 2 Ya white boi 3
prostitution problem (Mar '13) Sep 30 loved it 24
Taylors Tavern Sep 29 Nu2town 4
Local hauntings ,old or new Springfield Sep 29 Karen55 1
Bill Stepp Sep 28 History 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Springfield Mortgages