What Kind of "Spa" is Miko"s?

Posted in the Springfield Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Native Amer German Irish

Dayton, OH

#1 Dec 14, 2007
Miko's "Spa" on East High Street is quite the "business".

Anyone ever WONDER WHAT goes on behind closed doors?

What TYPE of "spa services" do they offer? I don't see them advertising, or contributing to any "civic" duties, though they apparently have been in this location for many years.

It's obvious that they "cater" to a "special" clientele and it doesn't seem to be WOMEN, if you get my drift.
RSS

Dayton, OH

#2 Jan 4, 2008
HA!! I was waiting for this...I moved here from Phx, AZ which has a brothel on every corner in downtown, with the place in the middle of the block or the suburb having the highest rent.

Since I moved here, I've seen exactly one homeless person and no whores on street corners..something I'd see several times a day even in Phx suburbs and the big shopping centers. You can't take your child (of any age) shopping there without getting an offer of sex or drugs, wherever you go.

The fact that the spa isn't that obvious (to me) just reinforces my love of this area. You folks just don't realize that, with everything you hate or dislike about this little city, there are places a thousand times worse. I love Springfield--and all places where humans gather have "dens of sin" or whatever you choose to call it. Our personal challenge is to fight that battle within ourselves, not force other people to confront their weaknesses or moral depravity.
Native Amer German Irish

Vandalia, OH

#3 Jan 5, 2008
RSS wrote:
HA!! I was waiting for this...I moved here from Phx, AZ which has a brothel on every corner in downtown, with the place in the middle of the block or the suburb having the highest rent.
Since I moved here, I've seen exactly one homeless person and no whores on street corners..something I'd see several times a day even in Phx suburbs and the big shopping centers. You can't take your child (of any age) shopping there without getting an offer of sex or drugs, wherever you go.
The fact that the spa isn't that obvious (to me) just reinforces my love of this area. You folks just don't realize that, with everything you hate or dislike about this little city, there are places a thousand times worse. I love Springfield--and all places where humans gather have "dens of sin" or whatever you choose to call it. Our personal challenge is to fight that battle within ourselves, not force other people to confront their weaknesses or moral depravity.
I've seen plenty worse too, I just wondered if anyone here in this "burg" had the intelligence to truly understand this type of "business" or if they really think it's a legitimate "spa".

It's comical how easily the folks here are fooled and as the "big city" life gets closer and closer, this town had better wake up or it will be EASY PICKINS for the riff-raff once they realize that Springfield is a pushover when it comes to cons & scams.
Been There Done That

Palo Alto, CA

#4 Jan 31, 2008
Ah... Miko's.... what a lovely time I had.... the young lady who was my 'therapist' knew exactly all of the areas that required attention. Relaxing, invigorating, happiness and a chance experience nirvana. I can not figure out what, if any problem there is. These women work hard for their clients - you could tell by how hard they were breathing during the session. Maybe we should support them more!!!
Shawn in Springfield

Xenia, OH

#5 Apr 29, 2008
Glad I found this post.
I'll have to be checking this place out.:)
surprised in springield

Xenia, OH

#6 Aug 5, 2008
I had no clue that this type of business was operarting in springfield as if a legit business and on such a main street. shocked that they have stayed in business so long.
Why are you surprised

Xenia, OH

#7 Aug 9, 2008
The reason that Miko's has "stayed in business so long" is because our law enforcement officials have allowed it.

Are you surprised that there are over 8,000 illegal aliens in Clark County? Are you surprised that large illegal drug busts are rare? Are you surprised that murders go unsolved? Why be "surprised" then, that an alleged brothel operates with impunity?

Enforcing our laws has become second or third place in priority to painting our community as safe or immune to the perils of real-life issues plaguing larger communities.

Or maybe it's just too much trouble to ENFORCE laws......it's easier to just pretend that laws are simply enacted for OTHER places.
surprised in springfield

Xenia, OH

#8 Aug 11, 2008
Just how many other brothels operate in springfield? thats crazy
i think

Xenia, OH

#9 Aug 11, 2008
personally i think springfield needs strip clubs and the sort
i think

Xenia, OH

#10 Aug 11, 2008
I want to know how you get into this job? any clue ?
Been There Done That wrote:
Ah... Miko's.... what a lovely time I had.... the young lady who was my 'therapist' knew exactly all of the areas that required attention. Relaxing, invigorating, happiness and a chance experience nirvana. I can not figure out what, if any problem there is. These women work hard for their clients - you could tell by how hard they were breathing during the session. Maybe we should support them more!!!
Eureka

Xenia, OH

#11 Aug 11, 2008
i think wrote:
I want to know how you get into this job? any clue ?<quoted text>
I would think that taking a stroll down W. Main Street after midnight would give you the experience they're looking for......
i think

Xenia, OH

#12 Aug 12, 2008
I would rather be not standing on the corner u know something a bit more discreet.
SC Ohio

Westerville, OH

#13 Oct 9, 2008
Hey i think, I may be able to help you out. Do you have an email address?
yup

Dayton, OH

#14 Oct 21, 2008
Been There Done That wrote:
do they blow you or have sex?
SC Ohio

Westerville, OH

#15 Oct 23, 2008
Not sure, but would be interested in finding out. What are the rates if anyone knows?
HMMM

AOL

#16 Oct 24, 2008
I have heard $60 door fee and up to $100 for tips
SC Ohio

Westerville, OH

#17 Oct 24, 2008
Are the girls decent?
i think

Xenia, OH

#18 Oct 27, 2008
the girls are ALL Asian, middle aged and from what I hear very rushing
i think

Xenia, OH

#19 Oct 27, 2008
Oh and apparently they do It ALL. and yes I hear 60 at the door then tips no less than 60
i think

Xenia, OH

#20 Oct 27, 2008
Are you really from Hillard SC Ohio? How can you help me out?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Remembering old bars.... (Jul '11) Feb 14 karol 189
Any Springfield Oldtimers around? (Jan '10) Feb 14 miss 86
Diner on Selma Road Feb 11 Hungry 1
Markovs (sp?) restaurant/bar (Mar '10) Feb 10 JohnW2 24
Brian Mays (Feb '16) Feb 8 Dave 9
1983 Murder of (PA) Man with a Baseball Bat (May '13) Feb 7 Info 14
Why would anyone want to live in Springfield, Ohio (Jul '07) Feb 6 kennyhendrick 208

Springfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Springfield Mortgages