"Vote for Love of Country"

Nov 4, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Lubbock Avalanche-Journal

President Barack Obama was unable to contain himself while speaking on Friday at a Springfield, Ohio event.

Comments
1 - 7 of 7 Comments Last updated Nov 14, 2012

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

No, if you REALLY love this country, you'll wise up to the fact that your vote doesn't count.

The billionaire corporate power brokers have given you a "choice" of neatly-packaged, safe-as-Q-Tips, bored millionaire puppets that'll tow their masters' lines, squirreling away as much dough as they can until it all falls down and they can move in and rebuild without all that "we the people" crapola getting in their way.

So, go ahead and "vote". Nothing will change, and you'll have wasted time that could've been better spent doing anything else.

“I have chosen not to lie down ”

Since: Oct 08

Tampa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Annnnnyway...

A little cynicism is good, especially regarding a broken system, but, alas...our votes still do mean the difference between VERY different years ahead.

Social policies, funding, wars, legislation, and world affairs. Yeah...no big deal.

www.GeorgiaUnity.blogspot.com

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

GeorgiaUnity wrote:
Annnnnyway...
A little cynicism is good, especially regarding a broken system, but, alas...our votes still do mean the difference between VERY different years ahead.
Social policies, funding, wars, legislation, and world affairs. Yeah...no big deal.
www.GeorgiaUnity.blogspot.com
Social policies, funding, wars, legislation, and world affairs: ALL decided by "dark money" that pours in from who knows where. Your President, your legislator, your party have been bought. The threats, coercion, and corruption of the lobbying machine run this country (and have for over a century), and the lobbyists work for whoever lines their pockets the heaviest.
John from Texas

Emory, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

twinertia wrote:
<quoted text>
Social policies, funding, wars, legislation, and world affairs: ALL decided by "dark money" that pours in from who knows where. Your President, your legislator, your party have been bought. The threats, coercion, and corruption of the lobbying machine run this country (and have for over a century), and the lobbyists work for whoever lines their pockets the heaviest.
You're probably right. I voted anyway. Gives me the right to complain. Some day voting might just make a difference.
Conservative

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Twinertia, what wound you up?

You used to be easy going except when the word "GOD" was used.

You and I know votes do not count. Stuff counts.

The more stuff you say you'll give the more votes you receive. No one ever asks where do they get the money? Politicians get buildings and schools even Airports named after them for their generosity but they were generous with our money not theirs.

I laugh when people say Congress is doing a bad job. Their approval rating was at about 8% and guess what, they voted them back in again and after they did, they went back to complaining again.

America has gotten exactly what they asked for, no sense in crying, just start preparing for what is about to come.

It won't be long and it will be time to pay the Piper, no way around it, it's coming and the results won't be pretty, in fact, they'll be devastating and you won't find a sole who voted for obama or any of the others.

They'll just be crying, "But what about all the stuff"?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Conservative wrote:
Twinertia, what wound you up?
You used to be easy going except when the word "GOD" was used.
You and I know votes do not count. Stuff counts.
The more stuff you say you'll give the more votes you receive. No one ever asks where do they get the money? Politicians get buildings and schools even Airports named after them for their generosity but they were generous with our money not theirs.
I laugh when people say Congress is doing a bad job. Their approval rating was at about 8% and guess what, they voted them back in again and after they did, they went back to complaining again.
America has gotten exactly what they asked for, no sense in crying, just start preparing for what is about to come.
It won't be long and it will be time to pay the Piper, no way around it, it's coming and the results won't be pretty, in fact, they'll be devastating and you won't find a sole who voted for obama or any of the others.
They'll just be crying, "But what about all the stuff"?
I've always been a skeptic, and never more so when it comes to the filthy game of politics.
Stallsmith

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Diversity people will always outvote you, as was proven in the last presidential election.

Diversity people are the organized majority, both in the US and Israel.

Celebrate Diversity...

http://www.oneamerica.net/

http://www.registrar.iastate.edu/courses/dive...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Springfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 9 min Jerry K 30,192
OH Who do you support for Treasurer in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 7 hr Marvin Levels 188
unemployment 9 hr Thoughtful 3
Murders in Springfield (Jul '11) 22 hr Life 76
angel jennings Summer dancer Aug 18 Angel 7
Original Stores at the Upper Valley Mall (Dec '12) Aug 16 Aline Buck 7
moyno,,,, hazardous waste polluting the air (Aug '13) Aug 16 StephDad 3

Search the Springfield Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Springfield Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000