West Carrollton approves red light ph...

West Carrollton approves red light photo enforcement

There are 42 comments on the Dayton Daily News story from Aug 1, 2008, titled West Carrollton approves red light photo enforcement. In it, Dayton Daily News reports that:

More... TV Online West Carrollton approves red light photo enforcement By Kristin McAllister WEST CARROLLTON - Running a red light in West Carrollton could get costly for drivers starting this fall.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Dayton Daily News.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Leon Harrison

Independence, KY

#1 Aug 2, 2008
WOW! For us local folks who just cruise all around town, this will be an additional tax increase added to that Sinclair and Human Services and income taxes ones. What fun. Can't cut government!
Dew1234

Auburn, KS

#2 Aug 2, 2008
But you can cut back on your trips to Kroger! Sad but true.
Leon Harrison

Independence, KY

#3 Aug 3, 2008
Dew1234 wrote:
But you can cut back on your trips to Kroger! Sad but true.
I only take financial advice from millionaires, now, having been hurt by the experts.
Harv

Dayton, OH

#4 Aug 3, 2008
You should have been smart enough to stay away from those frauds at Fifth T urd Securities in the first place. It was the same thing as if you went to the boat down in SE IN and lost a crapload of money. You take risks, you might win, you might lose. Are you really this dense offline as you are online?
Leon Harrison

Bellevue, KY

#6 Aug 5, 2008
Can we get to see some up-skirt photos of young pretty women airing out the notches in their crotches? Or lingering with their fingers?
lilm

Spring Valley, OH

#7 Aug 10, 2008
Everyone knows that West Carrollton is doing this for financial gain. They try to talk about public safety -- We wasn't born yerterday. Put the police to work doing what they get paid for, which is not what I see them doing. The only nice thing about red light cameras is that they should be able to cut staffing as far as police officers which would be a fairly good plan for the city finances. The city is starting to look like RUSSIA, the police are just kids with their little military haircuts that really like the power associated with being a police officer. I was in another state recently and I saw police officers that actually looked like normal people, it was refreshing to know that some police officers are still here to serve the public, this also goes for public officials !
lilm

United States

#9 Aug 11, 2008
Old Cold Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
So, the little hick got a traffic ticket that it deserved, did it?
Never had a ticket in my life, all 60 years of it. But I have watched our freedoms disappear a little at a time over those 60 years. Pay attention to the real facts and quit blaming the little guy, you'd be suprised what you could learn.
lilm

United States

#11 Aug 29, 2008
Buckeye Guy wrote:
Little guys whine, dreamers being like the boo hooers who are never doers.
Thats a down right stupid reply !
Ralph

Dayton, OH

#14 Nov 11, 2008
I think the Cameras are a bad idea
Leon Harrison

Dayton, OH

#18 Nov 15, 2008
What?
lilm

Wimberley, TX

#19 Feb 18, 2009
I watched a documentry on tv the other night that talked about a city that had red light camera's. It was being questioned due to the fact that 41,000 tickets were issued in one year when the population of the city was 38,000 people, of which all were not drivers. With this type of EXTRA income why does the city of WC need to renew the exsisting tax levy in May ?? How much is WC making from these camera's ?? Do the math !!
WC Library Lover

South Charleston, OH

#20 Mar 10, 2009
Because...it is unbelievable and inconceivable that the employment and enjoyment of public servants/government workers could, should or would have any real relevant relationship to reality or to the amount of taxes that they are takin' from the citizen who have been makin'. Government is always needy but never greedy, and they cuss and fuss, unlike the rest and the best of us. With no more blue-collar dollars here, I fear, that government might actually try to take half the low-wage part-time temporary service and retail incomes that these people make.
Voycamcom Voyeur

South Charleston, OH

#22 Mar 13, 2009
Ah, with warmer weather, those upskirt and crotch-shot red-light-camera photos ought to be looking a lot better, especially of those young girls and women using their fingers to make their panties wetter, and their seats wet with sweat. We need to at least see them if we don't get to breed them, especially after we pay to feed them. This is the least taht we deserve.
Board Browser

South Charleston, OH

#24 May 13, 2009
Where can we the people see some upskirt stop-light photos? Some of us are also voyeur fans of girls and women giving Monica jobs and using their hands, on themselves or anyone else, in those front seats.
The Old Cold Warrior

South Charleston, OH

#25 May 22, 2009
We the taxpayers of WC demand that we get to see some upskirt and Monica-job and passionate-action and self-sexual-satisfaction camera pictures! They could be posted on Boob Tube or Sicker or some other voyeur web site.
S Thomas

West Chester, OH

#26 Jan 1, 2010
I received a $100 ticket for running a light back in October. I knew I hadn't run any lights and checked the vid online which shows my brake lights, me stopping, and turning right on red... no sign stating against this at Cental and Alex. Contested, showed up for "court" and was told dismissed for the holidays (as if this was a real gift). Just today, sitting at the light at Alex and Kimberly, I released the brake and moved about 5 inches because I thought the light was finally going to change.
Guess what? Whammo, light flash! I seriously hope some robo-cop sitting at a terminal is NOT going to issue another $100 ticket for something that really didn't happen. I don't beleive these cameras are worth the money being paid for them as they are DEFECTIVE.
meme

Anaheim, CA

#27 Jan 16, 2010
i used 2 take the bus and one time i was standing on the corner of alex/kimberly by the tracks. i saw the camera flash 2x and the light was green and had been green for like 5 seconds. defective !
SAM

Cincinnati, OH

#28 Feb 6, 2010
If I go to court for this violation, I still have the right to see my accusor.I heard this was declared unconstitutional by the Supreme Court? If so,will local governments have to pay back the money they took illegally? I hope so.
throttle jockey

Lima, OH

#29 Feb 6, 2010
S Thomas wrote:
I received a $100 ticket for running a light back in October. I knew I hadn't run any lights and checked the vid online which shows my brake lights, me stopping, and turning right on red... no sign stating against this at Cental and Alex. Contested, showed up for "court" and was told dismissed for the holidays (as if this was a real gift). Just today, sitting at the light at Alex and Kimberly, I released the brake and moved about 5 inches because I thought the light was finally going to change.
Guess what? Whammo, light flash! I seriously hope some robo-cop sitting at a terminal is NOT going to issue another $100 ticket for something that really didn't happen. I don't beleive these cameras are worth the money being paid for them as they are DEFECTIVE.
I got nailed in Springfield. they I was turning left i was out in the intersection about 1/4 second to long. it's B.S. I paid it. but Towns,villages, and townships are trying to to find bull crap ways to make up for lost tax dollars. so now people will do 1 of 2 things I do.
#1. Avoid streets/intersections with red light cameras.
#2. avoid towns with red light cameras. there's a few towns now i don't shop at due to the fact they put up "cameras"
what city hall fails to realize short term this does work(nail people for red light violations) but if people don't come to your town to spend money(at like Wal-Mart, Meijer, to movies, to eat dinner out,etc) your town done. cause you slide backwards. All over a short term goal to "patch the budget."
I have nothing against cops for the record. matter of fact i'm a volunteer FF/EMT so i work with cops if not daily atleast weekly. they got a purpose like we got a purpose. but when a goverment agency or goverment dept isn't collecting tax dollars and they don't wanna lay off police, street workers, admistration, FF/EMT or other workers they find "cheap ways" to nickle and dime public.
Heck the county I serve and live in rumor going around next month or April they run out of money in the "slush fund." They've had that in case of emergencies(like if a severe storm hit the area and needed to pay overtime to police and Fire) or if something big would break they could replace it fairly fast. well I guess this summer if something breaks and it wasn't planning on replacing it's gonna have to sit to either fix it or replace it. The County has already cut 15% out of the budget due to Sale's Tax is down so much. I feel for the Sheriff's Dept cause they went from 35 down to 9 patrol officers. they average 56 hour weeks(each patrol officer). I talked with one said if the sheriff's dept got something big like a robbery in progress, or alleged wife or husband beating on each other they'll have to have nearby townships or towns come help them cause they don't have the people anymore to just radio in and say "send me another unit."
NotSoFast

Nashville, TN

#30 Feb 6, 2010
Hmmmmm, maybe the cameras are picking up phantoms!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Springfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
sonics drive in 8 hr bafoons wifey bitch 13
tina caulifeild (Dec '15) Jun 20 Tank 2
where was the lantern Tavern or Bar located in ... Jun 20 hopsing 2
Remembering old bars.... (Jul '11) Jun 16 north84 179
renegades mc (Jul '09) Jun 15 B1u3c6k9y 101
Miami Valley Homebuyers Please Read! (Mar '08) Jun 14 rayn 3
Murders in Springfield (Jul '11) Jun 13 Babygirl1200 91
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Springfield Mortgages